RPGM - Abandoned - Tale of Tali [0.1.3] [OhMeGa]

1. 4.00 star(s)

EmergencyFood

As it is a demo at the time of this rating, there isn't much content to begin with. However, the game does show potential as it was quite enjoyable despite being in a demo status with a 0$ budget.

Story
    There isn't much to say about the story at the moment as there is only an opening/introduction part at the time of this rating, but it has given me a good impression after playing through the demo. I really liked how the game integrated the characters and their backstory from RTD into this game, so it's definitely a thumbs up from me.

Gameplay
    The gameplay is pretty much the same as many other RPGM games, which is turn-based combat. There isn't really anything new about it, but I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing. Personally, it would be nice to see more mechanics into the battle system to give the player more option or challenges (like the feature where enemies can grab you in Shera and The Three Treasures just to name an example), but I am fine with the current turn-based combat system.

Improvements
    There are a few things I would like to see improved.
    It was quite confusing for me to know how to exit Tali's bedroom in the beginning as it wasn't marked by a door and instead some sort of black thing, so please mark it with a door.

There was a sex scene which froze during my gameplay and as a result, I had to reload the game but it still froze whenever I tried to start it again even in a new save file. I'm not sure if this is because I'm using the browser version of the demo, but it froze nevertheless.

And some areas of the game felt rather empty (in the context that it didn't have much NPCs (like the town area is large but sparsely populated). Some areas also felt rather small like the tavern for example. While this doesn't directly effect the gameplay, those areas could use more NPCs to make it look a bit more alive.

Conclusion
    Overall, I'd say this has potential and I will be looking forward to more content. I wouldn't necessarily say it's groundbreaking and there were things to improve, but the demo was so far enjoyable.

The review may change once the game is further developed and if I actually remember to edit it.