VN Ren'Py Tales of Ephyrium: The Curse of The Last Orgasm [Development thread]

_redLizard

Jul 29, 2024
label.png
overw.png
Hi!
I'm Red, the creator of the "Tales of Ephyrium" fantasy RPG, made in Ren'py. I'm glad to see you here.
In this thread, I want to briefly talk about my path as a solo-developer, share my pain with you and tell you about the successes that I have managed to achieve. At the moment, I feel like I've found my own design style and code style, so now I will release updates more often - about once a month. So yeah, the game is currently still in development! This means that there's still tons of stuff to come! Many adventures and sexy moments await you!

screenshot0029.png

It would be great to see active players and developers in this thread who could share their experiences and assessments.

sett.png
The game is set in a fantasy world with monster-girls, orcs, dragons, angels, demons, and with magic, of course.
I love the era of chivalry, swords, and heavy armor. That's why I chose this direction. That's simple.
I plan for the game to have a large sandbox where you can explore the world. But for now, I only have one town, Alberton, and some locations inside and outside of it. 1722313270137.png
When I created this world, I was inspired by universes and games like Dark Souls, Heavy Metal(1981), Diablo, Monster Girl Quest, LOTR, and some other similar things. I was particularly interested in things like dark fantasy.

screenshot0049.png

I think now it looks like an old fantasy anime/cartoon and that was my goal. At first, I tried to use only AI for all graphics, but I quickly realized that it wasn't what I wanted to see at all. During the development process, I changed a lot of things, including the drawing style. That's because "ToE" is my first project and I got a lot of experience developing it. So now I'm only using my AI model to generate some backgrounds, and I draw everything else manually. I love to draw, I really like to draw characters, weapons, sex scenes, UI, but I hate to draw backgrounds, to be honest. This is how I found the golden middle between AI and drawing manually.

Story.png
The Curse Of The Last Orgasm was laid on Ephyrium. Men are dying in their own beds... The population is rapidly declining and the whole world is on the edge. Ephyrians have lost any hope, but then YOU show up!

You are the Guy who accidentally got into the world of magic and lust and became a Hero.
The Hero who’s immune to the curse…

screenshot0046.png

There are very few men left in this world, so all the females are showing increased interest in you. And you are a very horny guy, of course.
In addition to your story, each character also has their own storyline, and you can develop relationships with the characters by completing their tasks.
I spent a lot of time improving the quality of the text. It seems to me that I have managed to maintain a balance between actions and dialogues.

gamep.png
When I started developing this game, I thought it would be just a visual novel with choices and a linear plot. For the best immersion, I then decided to do the whole game in the first person view. This means that the main character does not have a face and it is easier for the player to associate oneself with him. Therefore, at the moment, the first half of the game is just like that. When the plot reaches a certain point, I decided to expand the possibilities and added a variety of gameplay.
As a result, this is a first-person point-and-click quest with RPG elements and mini-games.
You, as a player, have your own level and skills. Skills are pumped up when you perform certain actions. Often, to choose one of the dialogue options, you must have a certain skill level.

The combat system is also present in the game.

screenshot0051.png
The main reference for the combat system is Monster Girl Quest. The opponent and the player take turns performing actions until their health drops to 0 or certain conditions are met. In general, each battle is just a dialogue puzzle that the player must solve. You can also just surrender to see a monster sex scene.

In the last update, I added money. To earn them, you need to play mini-games. Each of the mini-games is very simple and illustrates the actions that the player performs.

screenshot0047.png
For example, a player can earn extra money in a tavern by washing the dishes there. In this case, the mini-game will be about the player having to wipe the dirt off a plate.

tags.png

Monster-Girl Harem Milf Fantasy Handjob Blowjob Vaginal Sex
RPG Paizuri Humor Romance Sandbox Animated Point&Click

rele.png
cover.png
Tales of Ephyrium: The Curse of The Last Orgasm was released on itch.io about four months ago and is updated about once a month.
Currently, versions for Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms are available. I'm going to gradually remove Live2d from the game and make an Android version. Maybe later I'll try to make a Steam version. Why not, huh?

Last changelog [v0.3]:

• Sandbox system with 5 new locations
  • Quest system (about 10 new quests)
  • Daytime system (morning, noon, evening, night)
  • 3 new characters (Trish, Gwen, Bella)
  • 3 new sex scenes
  • 4 new questlines
  • Restyle of Xena
  • Smithing
  • Dishwashing
  • Mini-game with bottles (a puzzle)
  • Tons of dialogues (of course)
  • Bugfixes

Thanks for reading!
Red.