RPGM - Abandoned - Tales Of Lewdia [Alpha v0.2c] [Spark Of Life]

1. 4.00 star(s)

DrWeeb

Played for about an hour. Overall all, pretty good game, but has some flaws to address.

Gameplay: 4/5, Good, but might get tedious after long periods of time.
    Positives would be that; you can move diagonally. Some RPGM games don't let you do that. There's a cool achievement system, but right now, it doesn't seem to do too much other than give you some items and "gems" which do not seem to have a use.
    You level up fast enough, but not too fast that it's weird.
    When using an item in the overworld, it asks "want to use another?"
    The battle system is easy to understand. You attack, you get attacked. Or, you use a skill that has a cost.
    Overall, all major gameplay parts work... fine.

However, they all have some flaw with them;
    Walking diagonally at a wall makes you stop. It doesn't push you towards a valid position, i.e. walking up-left towards a right facing wall doesn't move you up. You just freeze.
    Battle system; there needs to be a better way of managing CM other than letting the MGs make you cum or items. Like with boss fights, the Dryad, I don't know if she doesn't "prepare for powerful skill" if you're high in CM. Stunning her is the logical choice, but you can't use it if you're too high in CM.
    Also, levelling doesn't fill HP and set CM to 0.
    No options to set things in main menu (before you start the game).
    Switching between items can get a bit tedious, as I'll often have to switch to winged boots to dash or "slide" then switch to running shoes just so I could get places in a reasonable time.
    No "confirm item use" though this may not entirely be necessary as you have to go through the effort of using an item. However it will prevent any misuse of an item if you want to use another item, for example.
    You can't skip the "fade in" when grinding. At least, spamming Z and X didn't do anything.
    Some sections are misleading. Whether it be "sliding" or "jumping."

Audio: 5/5, Great!
    Not much to write about, but slime girls have a certain sound to their strokes, bee girls, plant girls, mushroom girls, etc. However, I will say, for the mushroom girl, the "attack" sounds strange. Almost like... Stepping on glass?

Visuals: 4/5, More Cute than Sexy.
    Strictly speaking, this is all subjective, however... Overall, I'd say the art is all cute. In the cutscenes and all, there's smooth panning and motions and shots and they all look really good. Sex animations are nice too. The enemies and characters have variance, from slugs to mushrooms, to whatever else.

Big, fat, however...
    Most girls seem to be of one body type; mega thicc-y. Yes, there are fairies, but it's something to note. The two lines on everyone's faces just make them look angry. I don't know if it's a nose, or shadow, or what. Some bugs that I'll make a separate post about... Enemies moving after an encounter (if you look closely). Encountering an enemy and moving at the same time also makes it look strange. Some typo errors as well. In the gallery, I don't know if I'm missing monsters or not, as there's no "placeholder" sprite, or if everything is unlocked anyways. Some games will tell you, but this game, not so sure.

Story: 4/5, Basic, but might lead to more things.
    For now, the story is that lust accumulates, turns into a meteor, crashes into the Earth and spawns monster girls who's sole purpose is to absorb more lust energy. Now, it's not the most original thing I've seen, but the story is barely even developed. It's literally just a premise. So I have high hopes that it can turn into something interesting. After all, a certain other Monster Girl game (though, a VN mostly) was capable of turning a basic premise into something deep and intriguing.

Overall: 4/5, Just Needs Smoothing as the Game Develops.
    Yes, I know it's only in alpha. So, it's important to note where things need to develop, especially in the gameplay department. And if the developer is reading this, sorry if I sound like a douchebag. I'm just trying to get everything that I've noticed, noted.
    All issues noted down are small in comparison. They're not "game-breaking" or "atrocious" at all. Especially in the visuals, it's mostly subjective as many of the issues are due to artstyle. I don't hate any of it, personally.
    Honestly, it has the possibility of becoming a great RPGM Monster Girl RPG. Here's hoping it does.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

orangetowel

This game is a cute little adventure with a simple yet fun battle system, an interesting premise and decently entertaining world exploring. The intro is short and to the point so the game doesn't waste your time. The mechanics are perfect where they are, too many games try to reinvent the wheel with their overly complex battle systems. I find it nice for a change to only have to worry about health management rather than exploiting certain enemy weaknesses with my variety of attacks. With simply the attack option, instead the strategy turns into which enemies of different power levels you choose to face in order to get the most bang for your buck when using potions after losing health to cumming. I found it gratifying to fight an extra slime or two and spending my incoming cum shot on them so I could fight a harpy with full health. And if it didn't pay off, the escape option is always available and the enemy sprite in the overworld easy to avoid if you really can't afford to battle, allowing you to extend your expedition as long as possible before having to return home and heal.

Well done, simple game I can almost play one handed if not for the A button needed to jump. A mechanic I don't mind, but would prefer closer to the navigation buttons. The art may not be incredibly refined, even amateurish, but the style is so cute and the scene erotic enough that it gets away with it's faults and in my opinion exceeds the majority of others styles that are technically better. So I hope the developer whenever they reach the stage of getting an artist to take over, maintains this style they had to come up with and to the best of their ability, draw themselves. Much respect to them for accomplishing that.

In summary it's a simple, fun, cute, sexy quick game that will entertain you for close to an hour while providing just enough challenge to not overwhelm you or feel "grindy" in any way. I very much look forward to seeing it evolve and wish the absolute best for it.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

iamslime

This is a promising demo and my overall opinion is high. That said, I have some complaints. In general, the combat is like Milky Quest's and the world exploration is like Legend of Queen Opala's. I hope this one improves and breathes some life into the battle fuck genre of h-games.

Fighting enemies lacks depth or strategy, and is mostly just grind to win, while sometimes using potions. Skills aren't really worth using against normal enemies, but are generally quite helpful against the current and only boss.

I enjoyed exploring and getting achievements. I don't know if the maps are reused at all, but they felt new to me. If I can still enjoy it after an hour of playing, I consider it good.

Dev should have more confidence in their art ability. This shit is erotic. As someone in the thread replies pointed out, I would love to see characters making facial expressions or shifting poses slightly. This would add a significant amount of depth to their personalities, considering all they do at the moment is bob up and down. Having them react to the player being at high or low CM/HP or after ejaculating would also serve to add more eroticism to the game.

Transitions are very slow. Moving between areas, starting and ending battles, and backtracking are tolerable for this demo but will definitely get annoying over the course of this game as it develops and has you playing for longer than just an hour.

third time writing this fuckin review because i clicked outside the rating window by accident twice