macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
should be renamed "the Pearl Tales" ... wich would be more attractive and better.

unless the story would be to hear Leliana boring you to death about the divine XD

Reactions: Zatrian

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
Buggy mess at this point. No direction. Some of it isn't translated.

Test is accurate not even an alpha phase yet.

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
The game feels really empty, and actually boring. To me, it seems as if customers appear randomly, and you have to click 2 times before another one appears. It's not clear what the player should do, at least to me. The art is great, but I wouldn't recommend playing it yet, unless you love clicking.

Reactions: dragonsix6969

Neeckin

Nov 30, 2017
So this is the test version, so bugs abound.
Know ones so far are the shop doesn't work and maybe Leliana bad end is not playable.
For the moment here is a general walkthrough,
For Morrigan you need to talk with the angry old man and the farmer with blue shirt to blackmail her and with the fat man to seduce her. Each one needs at least talk to them 3 or 4 times. For Leliana you need to talk with the farmer with black hair and brown shirt and the blonde one to blackmail her. And you need to talk with the bored farmer and the redhead farmer and when you talk with them you need to blackmail the guard to discover the favourite sex position of Leliana to seduce her. All of this have some points when you need to choose some reply, if you choose one wrong you lose tthe chance to get the hentai scenes

Reactions: James Eveleth

LordCorwin

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2017
Alright, so, as you may have guess my written talents were not requested for this little diddy. I didn't even know this was a coming out it was released, so Nikraria has been keeping it under wraps for the most part.

As for the news on Amata's Journey, the long and short of it is: eventually. I am in charge of 100% of the dialogue, but I also work full time and have almost no time to dedicate to working on the project. Nikraria seems interested, but like I said, the work is not progressing. I honestly need a dedicated vacation to make any headway. Thankfully the story is in the last quarter of writing, so if I did sit down and start on it I might actually wrap up everything. That said, even if i did supply him with all the script written, the artwork and coding would probably take a fair bit of time.

Going back a bit to this game, or test as it is, this is the final state of things per Nikraria. Maybe a bug patch/ update, but there will be no new girls and no new scenes. Sad, but it sounds like this project was a spur of the moment thing that Nikraria has lost interest in.

Reactions: James Eveleth
Feb 10, 2019
The hooded bloke's shop doesn't work and if you load a save it prevents you from making any interactions with anyone other than "I don't have that". Art is nice and it's not a bad concept, but it needs a lot of work.

Mar 14, 2020
I tried to play it in Android by using joiplay the only problem is I can't give what has been requested even though I can select items...and also can't buy/sell to merchant.

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
There's like three games in development by the dev, strange to see him start another project unless this is gonna be some minor side work.
Alright, so, as you may have guess my written talents were not requested for this little diddy. I didn't even know this was a coming out it was released, so Nikraria has been keeping it under wraps for the most part.

As for the news on Amata's Journey, [...] Thankfully the story is in the last quarter of writing, so if I did sit down and start on it I might actually wrap up everything. That said, even if i did supply him with all the script written, the artwork and coding would probably take a fair bit of time.

Going back a bit to this game, or test as it is, this is the final state of things per Nikraria. Maybe a bug patch/ update, but there will be no new girls and no new scenes. Sad, but it sounds like this project was a spur of the moment thing that Nikraria has lost interest in.
This is *not* a negative judgement, this is an observation that might help people understand artists like Nikraria. :) (Also, think LordCorwin already suspects or knows what I am going to write.)

Nikraria seems to be (to me) an artist who has many works being created simultaneously in his mind. However, only *parts* of each work evolve at any given moment, and then only *some* of those parts are good enough to be added to any particular final work.

This means that any single, particular painting/story/game will seem to take a long time to finish, but the *eventual*, total output will be large and quite good. (Also, artists like this will know very early when their idea is incomplete and will *not* be expanded in the future.) No one--including the artist--knows *when* some thing will be finished, but it will likely be finished if promised. We just need to be patient. (y)

Example: One artist (when we first met 30 years ago) had 3 paintings, 1 guitar prototype, 2 public sculptures, and a multitude of museum dioramas and displays all being worked on simulataneously. On any given day he would "putter about" doing basic "mindless" work on the guitar or dioramas ... then suddlenly spend a *very* creative and productive hour (or "hours" or "days"!) on whichever piece he gained insight on. An hourly-wage employer would likely describe him as being "madly off in all directions".
In the 3 further *years* it took to finish the guitar prototype, he: dreamed up and patented an idea for electronic amplification of music; built 2 other guitars for friends/customers; finished 5 paintings (1 of the original 3 was "late" but the customer liked it better than what was commisioned and unilaterally added a 30% bonus to the agreed price!); finished both sculptures and was asked to create a third for the installation; was given a full-time, permanent job as senior artist at a national archaeological museum; and started and/or completed a handful of other artistic works.

So, Nikraria likely works in his own way. We need to be patient. ;)

e-d

LordCorwin: Am I kind of correct about Nikraria, at least?

LordCorwin

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2017
LordCorwin: Am I kind of correct about Nikraria, at least?
Hmm, perhaps, I have only worked with him on and off for a few years. Known him for longer, but I think I really enjoyed back when I was commissioning him to make the Fallout comic. The games are enjoyable, but I think smaller games suit his style more. (and Amata's Journey is anything but small)

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Well, I'm not sure what is going on with this one, but it completely bugs out on me... After the very first customer drank some beer and I stole some money from him (without him knowing) the game only ever gave me the option of "I don't have any more of those" even though it showed plenty in the inventory screen... Also, several characters kept speaking to me in Spanish when I selected English at the beginning... It just kept going like that over and over and over non-stop... Random customers but nothing to sell them...

I'm not going to bother even posting a review about this one, because I couldn't even really play it... Perhaps once the developer releases a much more stable version, I'll give in another go...

Until then,

Zip