Ren'Py - Abandoned - Teachable Moment [v0.3.2] [Kuroyama]

1. 4.00 star(s)

kutwkizfwczlaixyzp

The scenes and the girls are excellent, but the gameplay can be a pain in the ass.
    There are times were you see yourself trying to skip time just to get some things done, which could be easily done in parallel.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

cloudmoon

Review for v0.2

This is a quality game that deserves your time.

It's your basic set-up of a new teacher in an all girls school. Not much to talk about on the surface. But as you began to play more and get to know the students and the main chracters it becomes apparent that the school has seen better days and despite the upbeat humorous tone of the writing,
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    . This is never shoved in your face and at first it's so subtlely brought up that you could easily miss it. But the mystery hidden behind the simple harem VN setup is compelling even if so far you only get hints of what happened in the past.

In this sense could almost compare this game to a slightly less polished version of something like "Lessons in Love" without the horror/meta elements (which I consider high praise). There is more to the characters and the world than is initially presented to you and the dev is smart enough not to give everything away all at once so you'll have something to look forward to.

sex scenes: Note that there aren't a lot of them here and it takes a while to unlock them. But the story and characters hooked me enough that I didn't even notice I had played so long with only seeing one scene of nudity to begin with. I honestly didn't care. Eventually you'll get more substantial scenes with a few of the girls, and they're hot enough to get the job done. Just don't expect a sex romp here.

writing: 4.4/5 - it's mostly well written. A few grammar mistakes here or there, but nothing consistently bad. There's some good jokes and memes thrown in there.

Story: 4.3/5 - a simple setup with many hints and promises of deeper worldbuilding burried into the narration and dialogue.

characters: 4.4/5 - They seem like basic archetypes at first and they mostly are. But there's a hidden depth to many of them and it makes you curious about their pasts as more little bits of information are discovered. They all have unique personalities and there's not a single character I didn't like on some level.

Gameplay: 3/5 - It's nothing groundbreaking and you'll notice that there's a lack of things to do at times when you're progressing things. You may be stuck only able to progress with one or two girls at a time while you wait for others to unlock depending on how you play. Weekends are somewhat of a placeholder at the moment. But there's nothing offensive here and absolutely zero grinding. Also a built in guide which is only a little vague sometimes. (edit: I changed the gameplay rating from 3.5 -> 3. With the flaws I pointed out I don't see how I can justify syaing it's better than average.)

Overall enjoyment: 4.4/5 - It's almost good enough that I'd want to consider it a 5 in some senses. But the progression of the gameplay kind of holds it back. Just sometimes it feels like you spend too much time clicking on actions that don't progress the story in order to get to ones that do. Outside of that, the subtly of the story and the strong chracters are enough to make me think that this game could be legitimately great with time and more content to fill out the time periods that I was forced to skip through.

As is, it's still very solid and I recommend playing it.