Teaching self to make game with ren'py

Pandasleeper

Mar 17, 2019
Hi um playing , watching , reading some of these games are amazing and it kinda made me to create something of my own . I know it must be super time consuming and with whats going on with the lock down it may be nice to learn something new and fun for me. I am going to be using Ren'py ofc but i m curious how people are able to transfer stuff from honey select or Koikatsu Party . As always the game is gonna be free but a end goal for me to make a playable visual novel and make my very own characters with a ingaing story behind it as well. ANY TIP OR HELP will be greatly appreciated THANK YOU.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
There are ton of online videos that go over the basics of using and setting up Ren'py... So I would use those resources... As to the media resources (i.e. artwork, sounds, etc), those are made with outside software, such as Daz3D and other various graphics software, and then imported into Ren'py, where again, lots of videos on how to import images and so on exist out there... Many of which take you through the process step by step...

I would recommend experimenting with what the videos show you, and then make a determination if it's something you feel you can handle doing over a lengthy development cycle... If you decide to stick with it, there are lots of other developers, artists, and designers you can request help from or ask questions to, located in the Development sections of these forums...

Best of luck,

Zip