Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
ToL_SM_Cover02.jpg

Overview:
In-game mod for Temptations Of Love
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v7b ***
Another massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development

Note: No third-party patching is required or recommended.
The mod is completely self-contained with it's own custom coded patch.

Updated: 03/09/2024
Game/Creator: Temptations Of Love / Ruby Romance Games /
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: v1.7
Game Version: v1.7
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split.
  • Too many new features to list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Current revision: 03/09/2024 22:41 CST
Download: -

SanchoMod GUI/Features
TOL SM B01a1.jpg TOL SM B01a2.jpg TOL SM B01a3.jpg TOL SM B01a4.jpg TOL SM B01a5.jpg
TOL SM B01a6.jpg TOL SM B01a7.jpg TOL SM B01a8.jpg TOL SM B01a9.jpg TOL SM B01a10.jpg TOL SM B01a11.jpg
SanchoMod Character Renaming (deep-rooted, works across the board)
TOL SM B01b1.jpg TOL SM B01b2.jpg
(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
OTR D01a.jpg

If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Reserved for pending FAQ

The main newest feature sets within the mod (for those already accustomed to SanchoMod) are the following:
  1. SanchoDiaBox toggle (found in the Options screen). Seamlessly changes from OEM dialogue box to SanchoMod custom. New bonus feature - adjust dialogue font size and dialogue box opacity while in game via [Alt+(ArrowKeys)].
  2. QuickMenu alignment (found in the Options screen). New bonus feature - The alignment changes dynamically depending on whether the OEM or Sancho dialogue box is on screen.
  3. SaveDescription toggle (found in the Options screen)
  4. SanchoAlerts (isolated custom notifications that are completely separated from RenPy's default notifications, toggled on/off along with the normal ChoiceGuide). New bonus feature - now receive alerts of potential scene/path splits as save marker points.
  5. SanchoGallery (improved efficiency and handling of isolated gallery, isolated MC renaming, improved start and ending screen transitions and more). New bonus feature - The "SanchoMod Menu" opacity slider (that normally controls the opacity of the MiniStat screen in-game) now controls the dialogue box opacity while in a scene replay. When back in-game it switches back to it's default of adjusting the MiniStat screen opacity. New bonus feature - Scene filters by character and/or scene type available as desired.
  6. SanchoCheats (found via the Options screen). Professionally and properly coded cheats that are rock-solid, including a reset button for stat changes that works intuitively and correctly every time. You asked for it, you got it...cheater. New bonus feature - alt character renaming, deep-rooted.
  7. SanchoHotKeys (in-game only). New Feature! Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots)
  8. QM HoverMode (found in the Options screen). Additional QuickMenu customization that can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  9. HotKey "S" Toggle (found in SanchoCheats) (it looked out of place in SanchoOptions where it really needs to be), works in real-time while in-game with no restart required. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T". While in the "T" variant the user can take RenPy screenshots with the individual "S" key as well as the other multi-key assignments. This feature toggle is saved on a per-save file basis (it will always default to "S" when starting a new game so will have to be set to "T" each new game if that's the preference of the Player. When loading a save where it was previously set to "T" then it will be loaded as such).
  10. SanchoMod Volume Control (found in Preferences). Controls most of the sounds introduced by the mod separately from the VN's mixer.
  11. SanchoAutoSave (found on Save/Load Page 69). Episode/Chapter specific auto saves in one location, easily accessible by the Page menu.
I'll address each and other VN specific features in detail in this post (which is currently being drafted). I'll update this post periodically with those details and deep-dive into explanations as necessary.

Until then please enjoy and please consider leaving a review, a vote, or both. I'll never ask you for your "donation", I only ask for your appreciation if you enjoy my work. Best regards to you and yours.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Known Issues (issues known but not yet resolved):
  • Currently N/A
Resolved Issues (issues fixed and currently pending next mod update pushed to upload):
  • Resolved and uploaded - issue with Kate's Love cheat not reporting correctly.
Added Features (newest features added in the last maintenance updates):
  • Currently N/A
Pending Features (features coded in and currently pending next mod update being push to upload):
  • Currently N/A

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - Update (Critical)

Links in OP and it's associated FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • Resolved - issue with Kate's Love cheat not reporting correctly.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod QM HoverMode detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Geez, feels like I just did this. I'll port the latest of the v7 Core over first while the compressed VN is being worked on. Then I'll start cracking it open and see what mischief we have instore for us. It's either be a quick mod update or complete fiasco. I'm certainly hoping for the former than the latter.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
I find it a bit strange that sometimes your mods aren't found on the main games OP.
'cause it's just because I had DL'd the mod for v1.5 3½ weeks ago and now I figured: Where the hell's Sancho's link?
It seems your mods are missing on some other games OP's as well. I use the link you provided to check when I'm updating and cleaning my hdd's to be sure I'm up to date on your work.
Did you get a match penalty ban for high sticking or something?
Or is it because some union boys still hold a grudge 'gainst you Lone Star men?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I find it a bit strange that sometimes your mods aren't found on the main games OP.
'cause it's just because I had DL'd the mod for v1.5 3½ weeks ago and now I figured: Where the hell's Sancho's link?
It seems your mods are missing on some other games OP's as well. I use the link you provided to check when I'm updating and cleaning my hdd's to be sure I'm up to date on your work.
Did you get a match penalty ban for high sticking or something?
Or is it because some union boys still hold a grudge 'gainst you Lone Star men?
The latter bud... calling out folks in the "buddy system" gets you labeled and a black sheep for life apparently. That's why I do my best to pack as much info as possible in a small space in my sig (so it doesn't look ridiculous too). This particular VN is linked to me. I pull the links in the mod's OP whenever I'm updating them since they are then obsolete.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
The latter bud... calling out folks in the "buddy system" gets you labeled and a black sheep for life apparently. That's why I do my best to pack as much info as possible in a small space in my sig (so it doesn't look ridiculous too). This particular VN is linked to me. I pull the links in the mod's OP whenever I'm updating them since they are then obsolete.
My hero

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, I have the latest mod Core (v7a) ported over and the menus sorted (since the dev changed them just a bit) but I've found an issue. Due to the amount of changes in the base dialogue scripts I'm finding about half of my saves can't rollback far enough. I've taken the liberty in the pending update to extend the rollback by 400% to minimize the issue but it's still throws an exception for some saves. Some other saves load exactly where they should though so it's hit or miss.

Just know that's a thing and I'll do whatever I can to minimize it. The good news is that most of the changes were in the Prologue and Episode One scripts so the newest saves (Episode Two) load the best. Regardless, it's not my fault but I'll do what I can.
1676169607645.png 1676169637928.png

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, the dev's new "gallery" is an image gallery not a scene gallery. There's a twist: some of the images are unlocked via choices like this:
1676171320508.png

And others are "hidden" hotspots you have to click on like this (note Kayla's book stack):
1676171402216.png

Now, you might instantly think "fucking hell, I don't wanna deal with that"... okay, no problem. Remember, we've been here before with VN's like Being a DIK's hidden magazines and Sunshine Love's hidden doughnuts. We can handle this. See the post I made here in the VN's thread so I don't have to retype all of it. Also note that this will take a bit more time to code out than normal due to this new "issue". I'll likely find something else along the way but I'll obviously make a new post regarding it when it comes. You can bet your ass there's a setup for an elongated FreeRoam coming... I can smell it in the initial code scan.

Time for an adult beverage refill and I'm getting back to it...

Edit: This is how the notifier will basically look. Again, the notifier is only active (only seen by you) if the ChoiceGuide is On. If the ChoiceGuide is Off you don't get them. This way no one gets pissy about spoilers or no spoilers.... the choice of how you play is yours. And yes, just like in other VN's I've answered, I could make an exact location for you to click but fuck that... there has to remain some element of what the developer's intent is (imho) so I'll only go so far with guides/cheats. If I go over the line then I might as well give you a "play" button and let the VN just run automatically from start to finish without the player's input and that just isn't the scope of SanchoMod... I just want you to have choice but still (hopefully) be engaged and entertained by the dev's product.
1676172281756.png

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Since I'm knee-deep now in "embellished" code I thought I'd enhance a bit of my own like this... I bet my bottom dollar some of you didn't even know that "iPatch" notification on the Main Menu was a real clickable button, right? Well, now I've made it more clear... you know, for shits and giggles.... and braggin' rights:
1676177381944.png

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It's not going to be done tonight (it's 23:33 here now and I got up extremely early at 0330 hours to finish Glowing Stones). There is indeed a rather unorthodox FreeRoam which will take me some time to code and revise properly. Seems the dev is exploring ground that's new to the team and I reckon I must make these new events solid so we don't have any issues in the future. I do this best in the early morning's while slamming caffeine. So I'm gong to bypass the free roam for now and finish the rest of the update then code the FR in the morning so I can sort the MiniStat proper, and with the integrity you've become accustomed to.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
It's not going to be done tonight (it's 23:33 here now and I got up extremely early at 0330 hours to finish Glowing Stones). There is indeed a rather unorthodox FreeRoam which will take me some time to code and revise properly. Seems the dev is exploring ground that's new to the team and I reckon I must make these new events solid so we don't have any issues in the future. I do this best in the early morning's while slamming caffeine. So I'm gong to bypass the free roam for now and finish the rest of the update then code the FR in the morning so I can sort the MiniStat proper, and with the integrity you've become accustomed to.
No worries, thanks :coffee:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
For nostalgia purposes this is the FR code... it's rather inefficient to say the least and I reckon it's now on me to set it proper after the fact. I'm certain the dev will refine the code going forward but this is NOT how you'd prefer to start (imho):
I am truly surprised at this point that SanchoMod is not listed in the VN's OP.... it's likely the only mod worthy of being there at this point (again imho... I'm not hating but rather just being honest)

SAHC

寝取られ
Uploader
Donor
Aug 23, 2017
Take your time Sancho. Your work is always appreciated, and we wait patiently for it.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning folks. I'm on my second cup of coffee at the moment and have the project fired up and ready to get back to it. I completely forgot that the dev and I have PM'd in the past when I first started working on this VN. I'm going to take a bit more time coding the small new free roam event so I can take notes to assist him where I think he can find efficiencies since he has plans for larger events in the future. I've coded so many free roams from "Being a DIK", "University of Pleasure", "AOA Academy", "Eternum", etc. that I reckon I can provide the dev with fair and useful critique to make his work much easier going forward.

Regardless, I'll post notes here today as I work as always and y'all take it easy today... don't blow all your cash on Super Bowl bets via DraftKings, FanDuel, etc. :ROFLMAO:

• Red Heart
Reactions: SAHC and FatGiant

FatGiant

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2022
The mod is now properly linked. Yay, advances were made...

No more paging Doctor Sancho, Nurse Bearded Clam can now join you in the rest room. Time for Clam Chowder.

Thanks a bunch Sancho.

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The mod is now properly linked. Yay, advances were made...

No more paging Doctor Sancho, Nurse Bearded Clam can now join you in the rest room. Time for Clam Chowder.

Thanks a bunch Sancho.
Well, I reckon this turn of events might be short lived... but we'll take the "getting listed so folks actually know there's a choice" win for what it's worth at the moment... which means I need to get back to it.

Reactions: FatGiant

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This initial free roam is very easy to navigate so don't fret... but I'm modding the shit out of it anyway just to insure the foundation is there for future VN updates and to see if I can provide the developer with any ground coding assistance. It'll have the most recent features such as current location, tasks, hover help, and dynamic UI as teased here (MiniStat enlarged and darkened for demonstration purposes):

ChoiceGuide Off:
1676209566328.png

ChoiceGuide On:
1676209619628.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: umb3 and FatGiant