AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Immediately upon meeting Kaylee:
TS01.jpg
The rest of the page was fine. Just the scripting error.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Okay, I confirmed that “ask about Sodona” never triggers. This is the sequence that I had:

Mon., Sep. 8 - meet Kaylee, bought her a cake.
Tue., Sep. 9 - chose to spend 250 gold to get her an apartment (the other choices were, IIRC, lunch for 50 or a kiss for free).
Wed., Sep. 10 - Kaylee gets her home, a job, and a makeover.
Thu., Sep. 11 - she does not show up at all (game's way of forcing her next encounter to be on a weekend, I suppose).
Fri., Sep. 12 - still a no-show.
Sat., Sep. 13 - Kaylee is now dressed nicely and doing well in the market. Abbottess quest can now be turned in.
Sun., Sep. 14 - Kaylee's gift to the MC of a ring is delivered to the MC's home.

So is this ring the special item that the Guide refers to when it tells you to choose to “ask about Sodona”? Regardless, either the game code is wrong, or the guide is. And neither the game nor the guide tells me anything about the ring. All I know is the note Kaylee left with the ring says that the MC can sell it if she wants to.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Okay, I confirmed that “ask about Sodona” never triggers. This is the sequence that I had:

Mon., Sep. 8 - meet Kaylee, bought her a cake.
Tue., Sep. 9 - chose to spend 250 gold to get her an apartment (the other choices were, IIRC, lunch for 50 or a kiss for free).
Wed., Sep. 10 - Kaylee gets her home, a job, and a makeover.
Thu., Sep. 11 - she does not show up at all (game's way of forcing her next encounter to be on a weekend, I suppose).
Fri., Sep. 12 - still a no-show.
Sat., Sep. 13 - Kaylee is now dressed nicely and doing well in the market. Abbottess quest can now be turned in.
Sun., Sep. 14 - Kaylee's gift to the MC of a ring is delivered to the MC's home.

So is this ring the special item that the Guide refers to when it tells you to choose to “ask about Sodona”? Regardless, either the game code is wrong, or the guide is. And neither the game nor the guide tells me anything about the ring. All I know is the note Kaylee left with the ring says that the MC can sell it if she wants to.
Ok, somehow you managed to skip two other scenes which were supposed to happen between the 8th and the 9th. Not quite sure how that happened, but I'll see what I can find.

Thanks again for the bug reports. :)

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Well, look at the start date, look at the updates, perform some simple math.
That simple math works out to be 29 versions in less than 8 months, or almost one version per week. Only a handful of games on F95 can match that.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Another bug: if your arousal is at max and you go visit Kaewe to turn in the wood and have the bracelet crafted the "continue" link at the bottom of the page that leads to the sex scene cannot be clicked on. The same problem happens if you're at max arousal and submit to tentacles. You cannot advance to the second page of the sex scene.

View attachment tentacle-slave-20181205-113035.save

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
how often does this get updates?
Lately, it's been about one update per month. This month is going to be a bit scattershot as I want to do a small update that fixes the serious, horrible save/load lag along with a bunch of bugfixes, and also includes a small amount of game content as well, then do a bigger update towards the end of the month.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Quick update.

Firstly, the code refactor to massively improve performance is going well. I've already changed how navigating from room to room works, which will incidentally make using the "back" button more reliable. I also just had a chat with an expert Twine developer who showed me EXACTLY why saving and loading the game is so horribly slow, so now I know how to fix that as well.

Additionally, my first commission from the new furry artist should be done sometime in the next week or so, so you can expect some new art for Chaya soon. I'm also getting a commission this month from my regular, non-furry artist for Vivianne being injected with Bloatworms.

I will be adding more tentacle "gift" scenes, but because those are expensive to commission -- and because Chaya suddenly pulled ahead of those tentacle "gift" scenes in the Patreon poll (!!) I'm going to focus on her art for a bit. In any case, I expect to finish the "gift" scenes for Keawe, Felicia, Chaya and Brin over the next 2-3 months or so.

After all of the performance improvements are in, I'll add a bit more content -- finishing off the succubus summoning scene and a few other things, plus fixing the bugs that have been reported so far, and do another release probably the weekend of the 22nd. Another, bigger release with more content will happen either the weekend of the 29th, or the first weekend in January.

Reactions: AWolfe

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Christmas day update!

Cleaning up navigation...isn't working out the way I'd expected. Now navigating from room to room works more quickly, but the "back" button is screwed up. Additionally, part of the issue with saving and loading is that I'm being horribly inefficient with the way I handle "static" data -- data that doesn't change as the player moves around. I've mixed together "static" data with data that DOES change, and it's bloating the save files horribly. That means saves and loads have a very noticeable delay. I've managed to reduce this delay a LITTLE bit, but I apparently still have more cleanup to do.

I'm probably going to spend the next week or so debugging and getting the game fixed up to the point where I can release it again. I'll probably only manage that one release this month, but fortunately that means games from now on will run MUCH faster, with no more back button weirdness.

Finally, my new furry artist turned in his first piece! Expect to see Chaya's tentacle "gift" scene in the next release as well.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Well, the navigation bugs were easier to fix than I thought!! Navigation is now fully working, but the game still lags when saving and loading. I do expect to have another release out before the end of the month, though -- including a bit of new content.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
I'm busily plowing through a TON of changes to how NPCs are handled in the game. Apparently as I've added more and more NPCs -- which each track hundreds of separate variables from breast size to stats and skills to pregnancies, etc. -- all of those variables are slowing things down significantly. So...I'm no longer tracking ALL of those variables, but rather just the differences between a person's "default" variables -- clits, asses, etc. -- and each NPC.

These changes affect practically every part of the game. I'm *hoping* to have all of the changes in by the end of this weekend, but I'm not sure I'll make it. If I don't, then of course all Patrons who've paid for this month, even those who've canceled, will get the Patreon version of the new release when it does come out. Even if it takes till after the first of January.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Whew!! That...was a lot of code rework. o_O

I've finished making all of the changes for the NPC data, and the game runs MUCH faster now. Unfortunately, this level of massive changes means massive debugging as well. I've managed to get the first day working, all the way up to the nightly sex training which is currently broken. I expect that it'll take me up to one more week to finish debugging, and then I can do a release.

The release will only have a small amount of new content, and will require starting over. Old saves will NOT be supported. Fortunately, I don't expect to have to do this level of massive refactoring for the game, ever again.

I'm posting a poll on my Patreon (see the first post in this thread for a link) on what new content to work on this coming month. I expect to split my time between 2-3 different things, so the 2-3 top-voted requests will all get new content this coming month.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
#totallyjinxingyourself :v
If I were to, say, completely switch platforms (to Ren'py, for instance) then MAYBE. But the whole reason I did this massive refactor is because of performance issues. Going forward, we won't have those performance issues any more.

That doesn't mean I might not add a feature or scene which might require a lot of work. It's been known to happen. :3

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Hey, Mouse, can you point me to where you got the image for your avatar? I love it.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
I changed my mind. After doing a bit more debugging, I managed to fix everything up through to the second day of gameplay. I'm releasing things as-is for now, with the expectation that this release will most likely have bugs. You can help by reporting whatever you find, and I'll fix it in the next release, probably in another week or so.

Here's to a great new year!!

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes