AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Why cant there ever be html games without transformation
Some of us love transformational games. There are only a handful of decent ones on F95. This one, and Parasite Infection, are rare in that the transformation is to something other than human. Moreover, this is the only decent tentacle game that I've seen. Everything else is some crap from Japan that hasn't even been translated.

If you want non-transformational HTML games, try Inheritance and Rimhaven.

Skylark97

Dec 11, 2018
Found a bug, occurs when loading a (new, as in from 10.6) save. Also occurs if I click on anything once save is loaded, preventing progress.

Error Says:
Im just gonna attach a screenshot

Maybe just need to make a new save and start over? 4bfc85bb83cfdfff21acaab8d2a63996.png

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Found a bug, occurs when loading a (new, as in from 10.6) save. Also occurs if I click on anything once save is loaded, preventing progress.

Error Says:
Im just gonna attach a screenshot

Maybe just need to make a new save and start over? View attachment 213944
Ok...help me walk through how you got to this point. Is it loading from the 0.10.6 release that I just did today, or loading from the 0.10.6 patch/debug release I did a day or so ago? I'm assuming this is loading from the patch/debug release.

Would you attach the save that's causing issues so I can figure out why it's doing that? (Just export the save and upload it here.)

Skylark97

Dec 11, 2018
Ok...help me walk through how you got to this point. Is it loading from the 0.10.6 release that I just did today, or loading from the 0.10.6 patch/debug release I did a day or so ago? I'm assuming this is loading from the patch/debug release.

Would you attach the save that's causing issues so I can figure out why it's doing that? (Just export the save and upload it here.)
So the save I was loading was from both, it was originally created from the original release on the 31st of December. It was THEN loading from the hotfix, which I didn't use correctly, (might have caused some issues). The bug occurred both during the hotfix and in the full release from today. This is one save that has the bug. The others that also do it are from slightly differnt points, but same original playthrough.

Tell me if you need anything else.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
So the save I was loading was from both, it was originally created from the original release on the 31st of December. It was THEN loading from the hotfix, which I didn't use correctly, (might have caused some issues). The bug occurred both during the hotfix and in the full release from today. This is one save that has the bug. The others that also do it are from slightly differnt points, but same original playthrough.

Tell me if you need anything else.
Ok...trying to rescue a save from the December 31st release is going to be an exercise in massive frustration. That release had so many bugs that I'd have to spend quite a while patching the save just to get it to load properly.

For instance, one bug had to do with arousal, changing it to "not a number" and making it impossible to "gain" arousal ever again.

Please try starting a new game using the latest release, and see if you still have issues.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
keep getting errors like this popping up
Ok, that's an error with tentacle pregnancy. If you can attach a save from immediately before you get that error, it would really help me debug it.

Furyous D

Aug 11, 2017
It's nice to see the developer of a game so active hear on f95 i've not seen it allot and it's very helpful, i just wish i could afford to support cause i'd absolutely love to try out the witch playthrough that is exclusive to patreons.
I'd like to say i like the idea of giving patreon's exclusive content like that but having an entire way to play the game locked to patreons feels wrong because not everyone can afford to be a patreon, imo exclusive content should be early access or art pack or something like that and not content that is a big part of the game itself.
Now if once the game fully releases if the content isn't exclusive anymore i could accept it but idk if it will be so for now i'll just have to be satisfied with giving my opinion on the matter

Furyous D

Aug 11, 2017
i got some errors to share on the new 0.10.6 build.
the 1st one (untitled) happened when losing in the combat arena (tested multiple times) although pressing ok allow continuation of the game and the 2nd (untitled1) i got when waking up on the 2nd day after following the succubus lady the prior day (tested twice) also pressing continue doesn't effect the game continuing either.
An error is an error even if it doesn't stop u from playing the game so i thought i'd post them to help out

FutaFan69

Jun 24, 2017
I keep getting this error when I go into the forest.

Apologies! An error has occurred. You may be able to continue, but some parts may not work properly.

Error: <<run>>: bad evaluation: enemies is undefined.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
i got some errors to share on the new 0.10.6 build.
the 1st one (untitled) happened when losing in the combat arena (tested multiple times) although pressing ok allow continuation of the game and the 2nd (untitled1) i got when waking up on the 2nd day after following the succubus lady the prior day (tested twice) also pressing continue doesn't effect the game continuing either.
An error is an error even if it doesn't stop u from playing the game so i thought i'd post them to help out
Thanks for the bug reports.

Over the course of this coming weekend, I'm hoping to finish all of the debugging and relase a "bug-free" version (crosses fingers).

As far as having Patreon-only content goes, here are my thoughts on that.

Giving a time delay between Patreon release of a version and public release has definitely been done before, by many other game creators. In some cases it seems to work pretty well, and in other cases...people just take what they can get for free.

Giving content away for free and reserving some content as a paid-only exclusive is a tried-and-true marketing tool, used in e-publishing, consulting, freelancing, etc., etc. I understand that it rubs you the wrong way, and that you'd like to see the "whole game" without paying in...but let me share my perspective on that.

The game itself is a labor of love for me. I adore tentacles, love transformation (of MANY different kinds, not just breast expansion or futanarization!), and enjoy games that actually have a plot and interesting characters. I'm going to develop the game whether I'm earning something from it or not, and it's comments like Awolfe's earlier that keep me going.

But...commissioning art isn't free. I'm paying for that art out of my Patreon, and sometimes (especially early on in development, when my Patreon was a much smaller fraction of what it is now -- and it's not really a whole lot now, either!) with my own money. Text-based games have their own small niche audience, but games WITH art command a larger audience. I hope to keep improving the game experience, both with plot development AND artwork, for a long time to come. I just need the finances to do it.

I understand if you can't contribute right now, and see the "whole game." To be honest, I haven't had the time to put much "exclusive content" in the game lately. What's there is what's been there for several months now (with a few small exceptions). If you want to subscribe for a month to see what's there and then cancel, you won't be missing much. I do plan to change that, but for the month of January I'm planning on adding just a small chunk of exclusive content so I can focus on progressing the rest of the game as much as possible.

I've also occasionally offered a Patreon version of the game in exchange for ongoing debugging help, or in exchange for contributing content to the game. I've already got one contributor who LOVES plant-based fetishes and transformations, and is helping add that kind of content. I had another, temporary contributor who wrote the "beginner" dancing scenes for the Service the Tip bar. If anyone would like to contribute game content, I can likely work with you to make it happen.

Reactions: Furyous D

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
I keep getting this error when I go into the forest.

Apologies! An error has occurred. You may be able to continue, but some parts may not work properly.

Error: <<run>>: bad evaluation: enemies is undefined.
Ok...apparently I need to make another patch to combat. Here's a patched version (including a patch for the combat issue in the arena and the issue on the morning after the first day). Unzip into your Tentacle Slave folder and delete the previous HTML file.

Skylark97

Dec 11, 2018
Ok...trying to rescue a save from the December 31st release is going to be an exercise in massive frustration. That release had so many bugs that I'd have to spend quite a while patching the save just to get it to load properly.

For instance, one bug had to do with arousal, changing it to "not a number" and making it impossible to "gain" arousal ever again.

Please try starting a new game using the latest release, and see if you still have issues.
I made a new game and made it to the same point, same glitch. Seems to proc when going into the tentacle fight with Kaewe (prob misspelled) and the day before, IE after you give her the corrupted bracelet.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
I made a new game and made it to the same point, same glitch. Seems to proc when going into the tentacle fight with Kaewe (prob misspelled) and the day before, IE after you give her the corrupted bracelet.
If you attach a save from immediately before going into the tentacle fight, I can fix it.

Skylark97

Dec 11, 2018
If you attach a save from immediately before going into the tentacle fight, I can fix it.
It wasn't just before.(the fight that is) On another, older save I had if happens after either I got the bracelet or had Succubus dream m(not sure which...and I don't have a save that doesn't cause the glitch. As in before it occurs

Interestingly it ONLY happens if I load a save. If I just play through the content without loading it works fine.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
It wasn't just before.(the fight that is) On another, older save I had if happens after either I got the bracelet or had Succubus dream m(not sure which...and I don't have a save that doesn't cause the glitch. As in before it occurs

Interestingly it ONLY happens if I load a save. If I just play through the content without loading it works fine.
Ok, attach a save (fron the latest version, please) that, if you load it, causes the glitch for you, and I'll see what I can do to fix it.

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes