DarkDeathPie

Jul 2, 2017
EDIT: restarting computer fixes this but everytime I play the game after a few minutes the keys stop working for the game, then my windows starts acting screwy. I've never had this problem before. Norton hasn't detected anything. I am NOT using Japanese locale so I wonder if that's causing the problem.
Since it's an RPG maker game, the locale is the most likely cause.

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
I noticed quite a few remarks about gnomes and 21 year old censoring...

I can't actually confirm her canonical age, but even in the original japanese version of the game she is a famous scientist who owns and runs her own business and laboratory without any kind of overseeing help from say her parents or guardians. And judging by what you learn about her from playing the game, she comes across as a fully fledged adult. The devs artstyle is what it is, all his games look like this. I wouldn't say she's a canonical loli despite her appearance being exceptionally moe. Other than the unfortuante mosaics (due to the developer) there really isn't any attempt to "censor" the game in any way.

Carion_Crow

Apr 10, 2018
I noticed quite a few remarks about gnomes and 21 year old censoring...

I can't actually confirm her canonical age, but even in the original japanese version of the game she is a famous scientist who owns and runs her own business and laboratory without any kind of overseeing help from say her parents or guardians. And judging by what you learn about her from playing the game, she comes across as a fully fledged adult. The devs artstyle is what it is, all his games look like this. I wouldn't say she's a canonical loli despite her appearance being exceptionally moe. Other than the unfortuante mosaics (due to the developer) there really isn't any attempt to "censor" the game in any way.
Kagura Games has pulled a lot of bullshit censorships in the past. I doubt people will over look anything that might be censorship for a good while.

I myself find the things they do to be stupid, since its obvious what they're hiding. Its basically an open secret when a character is actually a loli or shota even though Kagura will change it to be ever ones a gnome... I like that the games translated but fuck Kagura.

Punkreas

Aug 11, 2017
Wait, so does this mean it will uncensor the version posted here? Or it is for already uncensored version? (Also I would like to get some uncensor patch in the second case ^^)
You can download the uncensor at kaguragames oficial page

Even tought i didn't really like this one, it would be better if you can change her reactions toward the corruption, accepting it and becoming more pervert in the process, like in Makina, Leanna or Yukino games. Shame and her cries everytime aren't for me lol
Another great release coming from Kagura on Steam is Tiina Swordwoman of Scarlet Prison.

Xisis

Dec 4, 2016
I enjoyed it and Leanna's Slice of Life so much I bought them both from Mangagamer. This one was even on sale.

bdrk88

Oct 20, 2016
the translation doesn't seem very good, a lot of weird sentences and there's typos even in the pictures with the status info, not to mention some text is not fitting in the window, seems like edited machine trans to me, they picked too many projects and quality is going to shit

Akuniz

Oct 27, 2018
perhaps not the best place to ask but its possible to add a new tag to these games for mouse support or not? (btw this doesnt)

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
the translation doesn't seem very good, a lot of weird sentences and there's typos even in the pictures with the status info, not to mention some text is not fitting in the window, seems like edited machine trans to me, they picked too many projects and quality is going to shit
I didn't see any typos in the status info, neither did I notice any weird sentences or text not fitting in the window during my entire playthrough. Either way kagura games do take bug reports from players and regularly update the patches on their site to fix things, so I think you're being overly critical here in regards to version 1.0

Reactions: superelmo

W65

May 31, 2018
I think I'm fine so long as I don't use the right-shift key to skip text.

Why? Fucked if I know.
Um... is it possible your right shift key is sticking? 'Cause when you shift-click a link in IE, it opens in a new window.

If the physical key isn't sticking (which a restart naturally wouldn't fix) then you might have the windows accessibility option "sticky keys" turned on. I forget exactly how it works, but things like holding right shift or tapping right shift five times are triggers for it. At least in older Windows versions you'd go to "ease of access" in control panel, and then there's an option for "make the keyboard easier to use" or something.

kzdah12

Aug 7, 2017
the game is the same as other just another character the protagonist is famous lose his power get a debt solution prostitution get rape by the mafia boss blackmail to become a whore the same is kinda sad because no more histories

ControlAni

Jul 17, 2018
I really hope Kagura would stop translating the old RPGM games with native ant-screens. This is interesting but the native screen size make me want to throw up.
Just use Borderless Gaming and set the game to fullscreen window. I play all of these games at 1080p.

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
the game is the same as other just another character the protagonist is famous lose his power get a debt solution prostitution get rape by the mafia boss blackmail to become a whore the same is kinda sad because no more histories
All of the Kagura games that use the vx ace engine have the fullscreen++ plugin added by them. Simply press F5 to switch to borderless fullscreen then press F6 once to switch to the optimal upscale size of x2. This plugin does a good job of keeping the original image clarity as it does not use vx aces nearest neighbour up scaling which blurs the game in native fullscreen.

Reactions: Beggarman

Carion_Crow

Apr 10, 2018
Elaborate please.
I'll point out a few things from two other games they've done, these are just the bigger ones I can recall off the top of my head.

Leanna's Slice of life - All the shotas are now gnomes. Even the husbands younger brother had his ears changed to make him a gnome as well.

NTRed Class Rep Yukino - Removal of scenes, more shota stuff. And changing Yukino from a highschool girl to a university/college girl.

These are what I can point out off the top of my head and some of its minor. But no one is gonna think Yukino in a highschool uniform and building is actually college age. Its a change thats an open secret to get around steams current mid life crisis about anime stuff an frankly I find it stupid that it works for some reason.

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
I'll point out a few things from two other games they've done, these are just the bigger ones I can recall off the top of my head.

Leanna's Slice of life - All the shotas are now gnomes. Even the husbands younger brother had his ears changed to make him a gnome as well.

NTRed Class Rep Yukino - Removal of scenes, more shota stuff. And changing Yukino from a highschool girl to a university/college girl.

These are what I can point out off the top of my head and some of its minor. But no one is gonna think Yukino in a highschool uniform and building is actually college age. Its a change thats an open secret to get around steams current mid life crisis about anime stuff an frankly I find it stupid that it works for some reason.
I wouldn't exatly call that a lot of bullshit. The fact that we're even getting these games at all without mosaics (99% of the time, TL is a one off) far out weighs these very minor changes which are technically required in order to sell the game on steam. If pointy ears and very infrequent mentions of the word "gnome" bother you that much then I don't really know what to say. I also don't think that changing school to college/univeristy in Yukino makes a huge difference when we're so convinced we're looking at a school girl anyway. The type of institution she attends comes up in dialogue infrequently and it even looks like a school, so for the most part our brains are just gonna default to "she is a schoolgirl and attends school" once we get settled in with the game. As for the shota content being removed... Theres really no argument to be made. That simply wouldn't have gotten through steam's gates back then.

It all just seems like outrage for the sake of outrage, Kagura games don't have an agenda like the usual censorship we see, its done for our benefit and as unintrusively as possible. If it really bothers anyone that much theres nothing stopping them from editing the scripts themselves to reflect their personal preferences.

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
All of the Kagura games that use the vx ace engine have the fullscreen++ plugin added by them. Simply press F5 to switch to borderless fullscreen then press F6 once to switch to the optimal upscale size of x2. This plugin does a good job of keeping the original image clarity as it does not use vx aces nearest neighbour up scaling which blurs the game in native fullscreen.
Well it probably works on some games but image is very shitty with FS in this game, at least with a standard 24" size monitor.

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
@Nerro VX Ace has a native resolution of 544x416 so the assets are drawn/exported at that resolution by the dev for the sake of saving space (even if they put in higher resolution assets they'd just get scaled down to the native resolution by the engine). The best you can do is use the upscaling method I mentioned so the pixel ratio is an integer of the original which will keep the game looking sharp and clear rather than blurry (native fullscreen).

If you really don't like the sharp pixelated edges then you can go check out "lossless scaling" on steam which will do the same thing as fullscreen++ but also allow you to add antialiasing (i've tried it myself and it does smooth out TL a fair bit).

4.00 star(s) 19 Votes