Seeking Text-based games

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
I'm looking for text-based games that are either Management (Free Cities, Strive for Power, etc) or RPGs (Lilith's Throne, CoC, etc).

Now, I've played a bunch, and I'll list what I've played (What I can remember, anyway), but I would prefer if the games recommended are completed and not ongoing, I'm kind of sick of ongoing games for the moment. I would also like if the games had character customization , but it's not necessary.
So far I have played: CoC 1, CoC 2, TiTs, Free Cities, Flexible Survival, Lilith's Throne, and some others I can't recall right now, will edit once I remember.

Anyway, looking forward to finding out if there are interesting text-based games out there I never heard of before.

smirk

Jul 2, 2019
You didn't mention Degrees of Lewdity (HTML RPG, text based, character customization etc) - probably my favorite game on this site. It's development is ongoing but since it's an open sandbox with no overarching plot I'm guessing that will be the case pretty much forever (or until the devs run out of ideas). Has a lot of content though.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Well, there's Corrupted Saviors, which is a strategy game with character customization... for the enemies, since breaking them mentally is what the game is all about. The game is still in-dev, however the core of the game is done, i.e. taking on a team of 3 Chosen in a 50-day war. What's left to be added are more training mechanics, a campaign mode, alternate corruption paths, and familial relations between Chosen, maybe a couple of other things too.

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
You didn't mention Degrees of Lewdity (HTML RPG, text based, character customization etc) - probably my favorite game on this site. It's development is ongoing but since it's an open sandbox with no overarching plot I'm guessing that will be the case pretty much forever (or until the devs run out of ideas). Has a lot of content though.
Oh yeah I forgot about that one, I played it for a while a year or so ago, I'll give it a look and see what I missed

Well, there's Corrupted Saviors, which is a strategy game with character customization... for the enemies, since breaking them mentally is what the game is all about. The game is still in-dev, however the core of the game is done, i.e. taking on a team of 3 Chosen in a 50-day war. What's left to be added are more training mechanics, a campaign mode, alternate corruption paths, and familial relations between Chosen, maybe a couple of other things too.
Looks good, gonna give it a shot over the weekend since the concept seems decent enough. Looks a little barren in terms of UI but as long as the writing's good I don't mind too much. Thanks.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Oh, and if you happen to be into mind control/hypno, Accidental Mind might be something for you. It's too light on gameplay and heavy on text for my liking, but I found the characters and story quite interesting.