Seeking Text based sandbox games with heavy character customization.

Achelexus

Aug 22, 2017
Kind of self explanatory title. I want a game that's more like a sandbox where I can do anything instead of having to follow a specific plot or story. Also want customization not only for the main characters, but for other ones as well. That is, the possibility to essentially "recreate" previously existing characters in the game.

I played Free Cities, and it seems to fit this regard, however the project seems dead, and the learning curve is dishearteningly steep.

Thanks in advance.

Korder

Jul 12, 2017
Free Cities is still being developed through the pregnancy mod ("pregmod") a huge mod adding tons of stuff, far from all of it relating to pregnancy. The game has more content than the vast majority of "completed" projects.

Anyway, Free Cities and Lilith's Throne are by far the biggest titles in the specific genre of games you're looking for. Lilith's Throne has the advantage of a sex system and being a lot easier to get into, whereas the trade off is that it lacks the depth and complexity of Free Cities.

I enjoy this type of game myself and have so far been unable to find a title that even comes close to these two.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Worth checking out . Technically very impressive text-driven Cthuluesque romance game, text based and actively developed. I don't think there's an updated F95 mirror, but the itch version is free.

Nulleins

Oct 20, 2017
You can broadly define what kind of characters you see in each game and change the gender of characters in Degrees of Lewdity.