Text box issue

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Both of these games, although two separate engines, give me the same problem although Glassix is a more extreme case.

The text box flickers. Glassix in particular is noticeable. It bounces between shades of gray and white in a rapid fashion. When the text stops scrolling, if it's white it doesn't disappear, if it isn't the text box is blank until I transition to the next block of text.

Renryuu isn't as noticeable. Yet it's clear to me that it's the same case, just the text scrolls faster with no way to change it (that I know of).

Ive tried installing programs I thought might be outdated. I checked to make sure my drivers where as up to date as possible. I redownloaded them, in the case of Glassix I did so multiple times. Only thing that I haven't updated is windows. I don't wanna update it. Atm running outdated win 10 Still fucked up.

It might be my shitty laptop is just... Well shitty. But I've ran much more demanding games on it with somewhat of ease. Including real time 3D games like Sims 4, and even (albeit, very optimised, low fps) Skyrim.

My only conclusion is that its a rendering error (its not the games, I downloaded Renryuus apk, and tried it via Neko RPG and it worked without problem on both cases). Renryuu only seems to have an issue during battles, the portraits disappear, dialoge mid battle flickers and disappears, or when moving to a new area/cut scene starts. It's not as brutal as Glassix that does it 100% of the time.

Any suggestions I may have missed?

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
They both run fine on my win 10 desktop which is fully up to date so i can only assume the problem lies with your laptop. why you do not wish to update your win 10 is a mystery as updating may fix the problems you are having.

another idea is to disable any un-necessary background programs to free up resources as laptop graphics will tap into your ram

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
@Flecc suggest you @ the user or reply to their post to ensure they're seeing your suggestions. Appreciate you trying to help out other members but they're likely not seeing your responses. :)

@chainedpanda please see above

Reactions: Flecc