Daz Texturing CC Avandrael Tail

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
Hi,
I have a problem with the Tail of the CC Avandraelasset:
CC Avandrael for Genesis 8 Female

If I apply it manualy, I'm unable to apply any materials. To both the base and the cover.
If I load the model with tail applied I don't have this problem.
I tried to apply the materials with and without the cover applied, with the figure selected, the tail selected, the cover selected. Itjust stays white. I even tried to copy and paste the surface of a working tail to the one I cannot get colorized, but without success.
I try to apply the tail to a different figure (also G8F), that's why I cant just use the one applied by default. But even if I delete the default tail from the CC Avandrael figure and apply a new one, I cannot apply the materials successfully...

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
do you have Golden Palace applied?

I have tried it and it works fine without Golden Palace

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
It sucks that the tail doesn't have a material copy function like the Golden Palace etc. Makes it nearly impossible to get the tail to match the body texture.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Hi,
I have a problem with the Tail of the CC Avandraelasset:
CC Avandrael for Genesis 8 Female

If I apply it manualy, I'm unable to apply any materials. To both the base and the cover.
If I load the model with tail applied I don't have this problem.
I tried to apply the materials with and without the cover applied, with the figure selected, the tail selected, the cover selected. Itjust stays white. I even tried to copy and paste the surface of a working tail to the one I cannot get colorized, but without success.
I try to apply the tail to a different figure (also G8F), that's why I cant just use the one applied by default. But even if I delete the default tail from the CC Avandrael figure and apply a new one, I cannot apply the materials successfully...
What I could suggest is loading the figure as it's intended, and then, using that, save a Materials Preset for the tail, or possibly a Hierarchical Materials Preset for the entire figure. This should save the association between the materials and the surfaces that the tail adds, which might then allow you to re-apply the materials after you've put the tail on another figure. It's possible that the materials that are provided with the figure are only set up for that figure.

Another option would be to load the CC character with tail, and then, using the "Shaping" tab, dial the morphs for CC Avandrael down to zero and dial the morphs for your desired character up to 100%. Even though this would leave the figure "based on" CC Avandrael, you'd end up with the main part of the body being the shape of your desired character. If you then applied the materials from your desired character, that would probably re-color the main part of the body, but ignore the tail, since those mats wouldn't know anything about the tail.