Uguei

Oct 18, 2021
Great update. I'm not sure if i'd just forgotten about this game or if something happened that i'm not aware of, but the renders, models and animations seem so much better than i remembered. I know that i've always liked them but they seem with higher quality than before. Much closer to other VNs that are highly regarded on this site (pretty much all the ones that have cameos here).

There are a lot of LIs. Although that might be an issue for content distribution, i like all the characters so far, so it's not a big deal for me. They have quite distinct personalities too, so it's not like they overlap or anything like that.

This might be irrelevant but i pay a lot of attention to it when i play games: The menus (photos, gallery & characters) are very nice. Way too many games have some shit layout that is annoying to use or they add way too much info without the player asking for it. Big fan of the general character page, separated by info on the Main LIs (some with a hot render included!), Side Girls and Cameos. It makes it very easy to navigate and clarify the roles of each respective character. Would've prefered if it was a vertical scroll rather than a horizontal one, but i can understand the decision.

On that same note, a nice QoL change might be adding an option on the gallery to separate between the scenes of each LI. Maybe with a section for "Side Girls", so it doesnt clutter the layout with the amount of girls. For now it's not really needed since there aren't many scenes with each character, but for next updates it could be useful.

Not having to download a third-party mod and having an in-game walkthrough already is highly appreciated. Same goes for the gallery, but that one already existed on previous updates.

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
Are you using a Mac? the phone in the game uses the devices internet connection value to display it accurately on the phone.
Not a mac, but like all renpy games now it's isolated and not allowed internet access... so every time the phone comes up then it springs up a tons of errors.

RogueOne.

Developer of That New Teacher
Game Developer
Feb 7, 2023
Not a mac, but like all renpy games now it's isolated and not allowed internet access... so every time the phone comes up then it springs up a tons of errors.
Interesting, well. I've commented out the wifi display for the phone, it should let you continue with the phone now. Please let me know!

save location: game/phone/

Reactions: notBatman747

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
Would love to hear how you do that. Cba blocking every game manually.
There were a couple easy ways mentioned when we had that password stealing virus scare thing recently that made me start to be more responsible... (I'm not so dedicated to go so far as setting up virtual machines and stuff).

1) Use Sandboxie, you can then run games in a little sandbox thing that can't alter files outside of the sandbox, and you can also select an option to not let anything running in the sandbox have access to the internet. Once it's setup it's real easy and the only difference to playing games normally is rather than double clicking the icon you just right click it and select "run sandboxed". I do still sometimes forget to do this though, as I'm only just getting used to it. It will mean your persistant save files are stored in the sandbox though.

2) Simplewall, it'll block everything from the internet by default, so you'll spend a bit of time allowing the things you actually want through (it pops up a notification whenever something tries to access the net)... but from then on when something does you can just tell it to keep blocking it (no more notifications for that program) or ignore it (will pop up again next time the program tries to gain access)... can also do stuff like let a program access the net but just for 5mins (if it's a regular kinda game that needs to authenticate once - I had that issue with Atomic Heart recently).

Last edited:
Reactions: ghosthog

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
What has been the behavior of the malware here and other sites lately?

It does not get detected on a scan, because the malware is not in the file(s). The malware gets downloaded when you run the game. So you can scan zip files for malware all day and not catch it because it's not there in the files; it's downloaded later.

If someone has both WinRAR and Notepad++, please try this yourself. If you do not get prompted, then the problem is on my end somehow (though I can't for the life of me see how). If you do get the same behavior, though...
Dude. If you open a text file in an editor straight from a zip then that's EXACTLY the behavior you would expect. It opens the file for editing and automatically tries to merge the temporary file into the zip, typically once you close it. Zip manager asks whether you want to overwrite or not.

Those of you who do know how to dig further... I see a "pythonw.exe" file in ./lib/py3-windows-x86_64/ that is only 30k in size, but in other recent games that file is 105kb. Is that normal?

I do remember... something... about the downloader for the malware, being related to that location.
Unless something has changed then I'm pretty sure you don't remember that. The malicious files were being written to %AppData%\RenPy\bin\ - not in the games folder.

AFAIK there have been no malicious zip files. Even if there were it'd be a crapshoot because it would depend on your compression software being vulnerable. The malicious files were renpy files - ie, it was a downloader written in python that wrote an executable(s) in the above directory.

If you're getting this paranoid then download Sandboxie+ and set up a sandbox without access to the internet.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Having issues with the phone as well. The icon for it just straight up isn't appearing. I tried putting that system rpy into the phone folder and that didn't fix it for me.
Also having some issues with choices not reading correctly. A small handful of choices are showing up duplicated so one of them reads wrong.
If I load an old save then the choices will show up blank, although since I installed the new incest patch old saves won't load on a choice screen so the patch kinda broke that glitch out of relevance.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: And just for trouble shooting purposes I went and deleted all my saves and my persistent file to replay the game and neither of those glitches resolved.

Last edited:

RogueOne.

Developer of That New Teacher
Game Developer
Feb 7, 2023
Having issues with the phone as well. The icon for it just straight up isn't appearing. I tried putting that system rpy into the phone folder and that didn't fix it for me.
Also having some issues with choices not reading correctly. A small handful of choices are showing up duplicated so one of them reads wrong.
If I load an old save then the choices will show up blank, although since I installed the new incest patch old saves won't load on a choice screen so the patch kinda broke that glitch out of relevance.
This should fix your no phone Icon :)

Not sure about the Choice in Day4. Works fine on my end

save location: game/

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
This should fix your no phone Icon :)

Not sure about the Choice in Day4. Works fine on my end

save location: game/
Ya I have no idea what the issue is. It happens a few more places too, at the sex shop with the bitchy clerk and I think one other I can't remember off the top of my head. I checked the script and the choices should be different. I thought maybe it was the walkthrough but that didn't fix it. I thought maybe it was URM but removing that didn't fix it. Thought maybe it was my persistent file but deleting that didn't fix it. I do know that issue wasn't there for me last update though.
Phone fix is working.

Reactions: RogueOne.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Thanks broh i see this game have Neteori tag so i am way too confious between (Neteori,Neteorare,Neteorase)
If a game here is tagged NTR then it's always netorare. There is no netori tag and the closest one for netorase would be swinging...

Jun 19, 2021
So im restarting the game and im getting "an exception has occurred" while talking to the principle, so idk if its just me or anyone else is having this problem.

brknsoul

Nov 2, 2017
Small bug: Changing Professional Title via Options doesn't persist through loading a save game.

- Change Title.
- Save game
- Click to a scene where it works
- Load game
- Click to a scene where it's the old title.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: RogueOne.
4.50 star(s) 39 Votes