VN Unity The Ambassador's Coterie (Development Thread)

What CG/Art would you like me to put into the game that you feel is 'missing'?

• Ambassador Iyrgrahm's 'Equipment' when they're rubbing 'swords' together

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More expressions/states for the 'Riding' CG at the end

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Alt. Main Menu art for 'game completed' state

• Something else! (1 CG or 3 new states on an existing CG, reply to give me details)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iceCreamRush

Jan 17, 2022
ac_bannerforum.jpg
Howdy all!

Thanks for checking the Ambassador's Coterie out. This is a short, slower-paced, gay kinetic visual novel I'm developing for the Itch.io Sex Games Jam. As it's iceCreamRush's first game -- and a game for a GameJam -- it's a bit of an ambitious experiment but I hope y'all enjoy it nonetheless.

Links
Download:
(Donationware, Prerelease version)
Patreon:
Twitter:

The One-Sentence Plot
Two Ambassadors from different classes, empires, and species reclaim their common ground -- and other common 'areas'.

What kinks are in it?
Light Dom/Sub (no pain), Inter-species (Humanoid), Fellatio, Fingering, Anal, (Light) Humiliation, Master/Slave-play

Gameplay
This is a 'Novel' style game, meaning it's more text focused than it is art focused. This game's firmly on-wheels entertainment; it's a 'sit back and enjoy the ride' sort of experience. Completing a run of the game will unlock all event CGs so you can browse them from the main menu.

Screenshots
sshot1.jpg sshot2.jpg sshot3.jpg sshot4.jpg

What's left?
What remains is some polish on the UI. I don't expect there'll be any major changes to the game from here and I hope to be putting this up as a game request before too long.

How can I help?
I'm still really new to erotic games production so I'm eager to listen to folks' impressions as I 'find my voice'. Subscribing to my Patreon also just generally helps out in a lot of respects. This game was made by a team of one with a shoestring budget. I can do a lot more and with more quality with an operating budget for these projects. Also: just generally spreading the word and such helps out too, of course!​

Last edited:

iceCreamRush

Jan 17, 2022
Progress! The CG chingrab has been upgraded to reflect how the characters are dressed in the script at that time, their look in their other CGs, and to match the background better. I'm on to finishing the 'riding' key art and then onto the polishstuffs!

Before (Concept) / After
ChinHeld.png ChinAfter.jpg

Last edited:

iceCreamRush

Jan 17, 2022
Alrighty, I just finished up the last CGs that needed expansion and repair for the game. I'm gunning for a polish pass now!

A new version with all of the CG updates are up on Itch.io. Hope y'all like the improvements! A question for y'all, by the way! It's looking like I may have a little spare time for this project in the end; enough to add a little bit of art to the game. So!

Which would you rather see:
  1. Ambassador Iyrgrahm's 'Equipment' when they're rubbing 'swords' together
  2. More expressions/states for the 'Riding' CG at the end
  3. Alt. Main Menu art for 'game completed' state
  4. Something else you think should be shown in the art! (Just one CG or adding up to 3 different states for an existing CG)

Meanwhile, enjoy some blowjob-teasing, courtesy of the new art pass! (Gauss' thin pubes are missing in this one; they'll be back once I finish the polish pass)
BlowjobB.png

Last edited:

iceCreamRush

Jan 17, 2022
Version 0.7 is up on Itch.io! I'm also building a web-playable version for Newgrounds!
This version includes the fixing of a few typos in the script and a brand-spanking-new completely custom (but not yet polished) CG Gallery viewer. The default Naninovel Gallery I chucked because it was just making it too difficult to work the way I wanted it to.

Check out the difference below! (The game is fully uncensored, don't worry; just re-using my blog-post images from itch.io here)
cggal_before.jpg cggal_after.jpg

ed: Oh, I didn't know I could make polls! Well, I'm putting that into the poll then.

Last edited:

iceCreamRush

Jan 17, 2022
And we're up to Version 0.8!

0.8 includes a few new CG variants to round things out, more polish on the custom CG Gallery as well as music for it, some general UI readability improvements, and some script improvements. You can expect progress to slow a bit here as I run a finer-tooth comb over stuff while I jog to 1.0!

sshot1.jpg
sshot5.jpg

iceCreamRush

Jan 17, 2022
Hey there! It's been a bit, right?

Version 0.975 just launched. I've remastered all the character sprites, the BG remasters are in progress to make them more consistent between each other, and the entire UI has gotten a polish pass. Game's looking pretty nice, though it's keeping the sketch-style for sake of my finances. Speaking of: I'm now in the process of getting this game listed on Steam; no links to anything just yet, the store page is still being reviewed etc etc but I'll update as that goes.

Posting some shots of what the game looks like now with all the upgrades.
fshot3.png fshot8.png
fshot6.png