Greiya Archives

first rate degenerate
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2022
So here is the story behind the game:

I always wanted to make 2D games, especially some fetish-related ones. Even if I have some experience in OpenGL and Unity I always preferred 2D games and sprite animation over 3D. My only problem was that I can't make art and graphics content other than UI elements, so I ended up making puzzle games and tech demos. Last summer I teamed up with Serverson and we made this pilot game together, this is the first time I made a game that actually has a story and playtime (even if it's short).

For me, this game was more about the point & click engine development, the bezier camera path cutscene at the end, and the story building. I have a relatively long storyboard and Chapter 3 is also in preparation. As it turned out I also find joy in writing the story. I also really enjoyed working in Ren'py, especially for Chapter 2 when I added 2 minigames in the story, a stomping survival game, and a feet-licking one. Making those interactive scenes really made me doubt the visual novel-like structure of further chapters.

As one can tell the story is very linear, I didn't want to make it complicated for me to follow multiple paths (it's a pilot after all), even though it suppose to be VN way of gameplay.

I'd love to continue working on this story, but I don't know if Ren'py and/or this VN format s the right path for me.
Thanks for the feedback again, this is the first time one of my games gets an audience.

Here is a teaser for Chapter 2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The game is good.

really short first release/chapter though. But that's not uncommon for indie adult games.

I think the art is perfectly fine. it's certainly a unique style.

One thing I would comment on

ValsThorn

Jun 27, 2018
So here is the story behind the game:

I always wanted to make 2D games, especially some fetish-related ones. Even if I have some experience in OpenGL and Unity I always preferred 2D games and sprite animation over 3D. My only problem was that I can't make art and graphics content other than UI elements, so I ended up making puzzle games and tech demos. Last summer I teamed up with Serverson and we made this pilot game together, this is the first time I made a game that actually has a story and playtime (even if it's short).

For me, this game was more about the point & click engine development, the bezier camera path cutscene at the end, and the story building. I have a relatively long storyboard and Chapter 3 is also in preparation. As it turned out I also find joy in writing the story. I also really enjoyed working in Ren'py, especially for Chapter 2 when I added 2 minigames in the story, a stomping survival game, and a feet-licking one. Making those interactive scenes really made me doubt the visual novel-like structure of further chapters.

As one can tell the story is very linear, I didn't want to make it complicated for me to follow multiple paths (it's a pilot after all), even though it suppose to be VN way of gameplay.

I'd love to continue working on this story, but I don't know if Ren'py and/or this VN format s the right path for me.
Thanks for the feedback again, this is the first time one of my games gets an audience.

Here is a teaser for Chapter 2
I like where this is going~

KinkBaron

Mar 28, 2020
I don't have a problem with art. I'm sure everyone tries as hard as their skill permits them. And it takes to be a little more courageous when art department is not top as the others. But I'm sure this guy will get there sometimes! So I commend the creators effort.

But...
I can't orient myself in this game.:eek::oops: In other games either when I hover with mouse over things - they stand out (meaning they're interactive) or the options for interaction on the art have its outlines bolded by default. In this game its neither.:mad:

I just scroll from left to right and beside those two guys can't seems to find anything else interactible.o_O:cautious:
I'm stuck. (help me bro!!!):ROFLMAO:
Don't know if I'll play this ever again.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Thaw87

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2023
Currently, only the characters are being highlighted when hovered with the mouse. After speaking to the grumpy folk, you can enter the tent to speak with the leader, but there is no feedback about the clickable area.

I also have this feeling about the missing interactivity and tried to implement a custom mouse cursor solution, there were two issues with that:
1. Ren'py custom mouse is basically a sprite rendered on the game as an overlay, and it is way too slow. I expected a mouse-like movement but it has a noticeable lag (maybe it only applies to my potato PC)
2. We supporting Android from the beginning. Mobile versions have no mouse hover functionality. Even though it's "only" 18% of our players, I want to keep the Android support.
So there could be a custom mouse option (which is disabled on mobile) in the future.

Anyway, for now, I'm not planning to build too much on the P&C gameplay, there is almost no inventory and the game is very linear. Based on the majority of our patrons and the feedback we got from other places we will focus on the fetish part adding more action.
People usually want their specific fetish to be included, and I think there is plenty of room in the story for that... along my specific fetish of course ^_^

I hope Chapter 2 will be well received. Btw, will get the game 2 weeks earlier.

lurkingthroughtime

Aug 25, 2021
Thaw87 Cool game so far! I'm excited to see how it turns out. I agree Ren'py seems like it might be difficult to develop the engine the way you want it

You might like , his point and click games seem to be similar to what you're going for, and especially the latest one has some good QoL features that could give you inspiration

Thaw87

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2023
Thaw87 Cool game so far! I'm excited to see how it turns out. I agree Ren'py seems like it might be difficult to develop the engine the way you want it

You might like , his point, and click games seem to be similar to what you're going for, and especially the latest one has some good QoL features that could give you inspiration
OMG I love Tasty Sox's games, they were a big inspiration for me when I started making his game. Along with 's new visual novel. I made something of a hybrid of VN and PoC for this exact reason. The third ingredient was the LucasArts games (especially The Dig) that's why I wanted to include minigames and animations.

Anyway, Chapter 2 beta is out for and soon for the public. I made the 2 minigames I promised for the supporters (and for myself) I hope they will be received well. Here are some teasers:

O.c. the links will be updated here as well.
And thanks for the comment ;)

Reactions: CheekySix