VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - The Best Days of Our Lives [v0.5] [UndergroundStudio]

1. 3.00 star(s)

sixpo2

This game has awesome graphic. But unfortunately it is abandoned and so far it is really short game with poor story (or at least the main story without all the detours) It is really pitty because the renders are really nice.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Sinsear001

A great story, hoping to see how it turns out. I think it's being rebooted, but hopefully it's not too different from what's already there.
    There's so much that could be done with the characters, and the renders look awesome.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

bebiho

A college themed game with good visuals and beautiful love interests.

Negatives is probably the MC (douchy and extremely sensitive), dialogues and writing outside of the lewd scenes / dates where it just comes up flat.

Humor is lacking and music is meh. Its honestly kinda average?
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Motion11

The Best Days of Our Lives is an excellent start to a game. The bones are there, it's has amazing characters and a nice school setting. This site is filled to the brim with college themed games butt only a handful are actually good. The story comes first here and even though the content is very small it's still a nice playthrough. Hopefully more choices in the future and I can't wait.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Jaango

This was surprisingly good. A good college visula novel which potential to rise to the top. Good renders and beautiful models. Good story plot filled with little fun. Writing is not bad. This is not a harem game. So I can concentrate on one girl. Vanessa is the best girl. Absolutely loved her. Loved how MC interacts with her. And loved her teasing as well. 2nd bestgirl.is nina then it is Emma. Keep up the good work Devs. Looking forward to next updates.

If you like college visual novels try this one. It's worth playing.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

spainhorse

Ofter time when playing with other games, I feel like I only have one or two characters that I'm personally interested to learn more about. It is rare to find a game that features at least 4 well-presented and decently written romantic interests. Even though the overall story is average, the model render is definitely top-notch.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

KalinaMalina

Disjointed boring dialogue about absolutely nothing. Everyone talks like they're on a spectrum and have nothing to say. All for some pretty generic scenes that really aren't that hot. Some renderers are pretty i guess.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Blizzard99

(Version reviewed: 0.5)

What I like about the game:

- Art: Found the art to be quite unique among the games that I've played so far on the website. The character renders make them look attractive and unique at the same time.

- Animations: There hasn't been a lot of animations, but the ones we have seen so far have been fairly smooth.

- Story: "The Best Days of Our Lives" doesn't try to be something more than it should be. It's a grounded tale of friendships / relationships between 11 characters (including the MC) and the setting has tried to stay faithful to what an average person would go through at college. It's a breath of fresh air among all the college AVNs that try to include other plot devices which ends up diluting the focus of the story.

- The fact that the LIs are likely to be in relationships with other characters, if the MC isn't on their paths which goes in line with what normal life would look like. (And a promise of no NTR for all those who are worried about that)

- Humor: The game comes up with scenes that put a smile on the face without trying too hard to do so which is a win imo.

What has improved:

- Illusion of choice: Something that I've noticed (up until v0.5) is that whatever is the choice made so far, the main outcome is similar (choice to go on a date with Sophia despite the choices made aren't ideal, Vanessa developing feelings for MC despite his actions, etc.), we do get some additional scenes if we choose the ideal choices, but the overall outcome was the same. But with the branching path in v0.5 of choosing between Rebecca and Jennifer and the choice in the Vanessa route, this hopefully continues to improve based on what we have seen in v0.5.

- Dialogues: I feel like there has been an improvement on this front when compared to the earlier versions, but it can be improved even further. The general conversations have been decent, but when the characters are having a deep, emotional conversation I found the dialogues have failed to captivate.

What could be improved:

- Characters (LIs): Among the LIs shown so far, Vanessa can be considered as a rebellious character and is potrayed as such. Jennifer and Rebecca aren't very different from one other, but I feel like Jennifer is more caring about her friend group (a sort of mother hen). While the other LIs are considered to be different from others, but they have shown very little differences in their personalities so far. For eg: Nina is considered to be the friendly one, but we don't see her interact with characters other than MC and Vanessa (up until v0.5). Sophia has told MC that she enjoys K Pop, but is never shown listening to any music. And we have very limited interactions with Emma (up until v0.5).

- Audio and Soundtrack: It's the same looping track. Hope they bring in some variety in this department. Maybe some different tunes for intimate moments with the different LIs, maybe some nature sounds at their favorite spot, some classroom noises while at class, basketball noises while the characters are playing, etc.

- Drama: Although, I enjoy a slice of life story, I feel there could be some drama involved like what happens irl. The conflicts between the characters have been rare and when they have been in conflicts it has either been resolved quickly or there hasn't been a lot of depth in them. It doesn't have to be something that deviates from the story, but I wouldn't mind seeing something that the MC would have to sweat over for a while. Example we could have had some scenes to show that MC had observed what Dave had been upto for the week after Jennifer told him that Dave might be involved in some bad company before confronting him on that issue.

I think the game deserves a 4.25/5 at v0.5, but I felt that it was a 4/5 at v0.4. The improvements made over the past 2 updates has given me confidence that the game would even further. So, I shall rate this at 5/5 and a personal recommendation for all those who wish to play a grounded slice-of-life AVN in a college-setting.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

MicolashCage

[Version reviewed: v0.5]

I'm not really sure what to think about this one to be honest. I really wanted to like it, because I generally tend to enjoy games with this kind of setting, but the writing makes it impossible for me to do so. I especially don't like how stunted the dialogues feel, it's like the writer is trying too hard to make his characters sound "deep and mature" by having them engage in conversations about abstract existential topics that he himself doesn't know how to approach, save for the usual platitudes. As a result every single line delivered by his characters sounds so incredibly shallow and awkward. Keep in mind that these are all supposed to be freshmen in college.

It doesn't help that there is also a distinct lack of characterization. I almost feel like every single female character in this game (except Vanessa) is interchangeable, and I'm not talking about their renders. I'd almost be a-ok with the renders being generic and samey if the girls had even an ounce of personality to them (they don't). Sadly, the MC isn't any better. The only thing that makes him stand out other than his creepy grin is the fact that he's way too oversensitive and, frankly put, a bit of a dick regardless of player agency.
    This brings me to my next point: the meaning and timing of some of the dialogue choices is difficult to comprehend, some of them seem to have been placed there just to give the illusion of choice. Luckily tho, it's pretty easy to understand wich ones are relevant when it comes to branching paths with the different LIs.

Finally, the technical side. The renders are more than ok, animations are perfectly fine. None of my gripes with this game have anything to do with its visuals...well, except for the over exposure of the MC's face which I personally find very annoying.

I was debating until the very end whether to give TBDoOL 2 or 3 stars, and I guess that the lack of any sort of overarching story in it was the proverbial nail in its coffin. So far this feels like some sort of slice of life/college romp and maybe things might change with future updates, but as of yet this game, much like its own dialogues, is just spinning on its wheels.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

there

Love this shit.

Graphics are good. Sound track is meh! Model for girls are beautiful but the interactions are the shit. It is somewhat realistic and quite funny in parts.

Overall this is a cute game and I hope you are able to continue onward author.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Arkinz

- Good looking girls and also have good and different personalities
    - Nice MC
    - Interesting plot.

So far i really liked the game and the pace things been happening. I just think so far it's all too linear, next updates i hope see i few choices that really change something. Waiting for new updates
  12. 2.00 star(s)

isabel95

The writing is absolutely terrible. Its like the Dev has never had an actual conversation in his life and just freehands what he thinks normal people in a high school setting would sound like. Its unbelievable at best and excruciatingly cringy at worst.

I dont want to spoil anything but theres literally hundreds of examples I could give in this very short 0.3 version.

The worst part however is how unpleasant, moronic and dickish the MC is written. Its literally impossible to identify yourself with a character written so badly. The lack of choices you have just makes this all the more painful since you cant even try to get out of saying something ridiculous in every single sentence.

The only reason this game gets 2 Stars is that the models look decent and the story is somehwat original at least.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Mad_Man

One the best games out there. Nice looking girls and an interesting plot with not too long dialogues , which means that there is no clickfest.

The reason for not giving it 5 stars is the lack of choices and due to that, it is a clickfest even with the short dialogues.

So add more choices, please!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

earlgreyteaa

Though it's currently lacking in the sexual side of content, the story feels very chill, the writing is well done and you feel like you're close friends with all the individuals. Looking forward to more and hopefully many more animations to come, but as a 'Being a DIK' fan, this is giving me those sort of vibes
  15. 5.00 star(s)

MMay

pretty good game with nice humor and renders, the story is pretty chill but its not boring at all, there is no sex scenes but i dont think its something bad, the most important thing is story and characters and they are interesting
  16. 5.00 star(s)

stukablyat

It's another college VN. The story and mood so far are pretty chill and light. Pretty good humor too. This may come off as generic and boring but I really enjoyed it. The renders are the strongest points. No sex scenes yet. If you want to sit back, chill, and look at 3d girls with light story, try this one.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

granite

Ver.0.2
    Game is boring. Period. It is so boring you stop reading after first 10min. Don't worry I DID read through it just to see if it have potential. Spoiler: It doesn't. Game is generic at best, with premises explored in dozen other similar productions. Only good thing are renders.
    positives:
    - good renders
    negatives:
    - boring as hell
    - generic
    - no erotic scenes at the moment so cant comment on that
    - most likely no animations
  18. 5.00 star(s)

MississippiQueen

(v0.2)

The game has a lot of potential. Renders are pretty good. The girls are very attractive(I'm falling in LOVE with the 3rd girl) and with all that, the game kept me playing.

As you can see, this is a school setting game. So there's no story except other charachers' story. I really like the characters. The mood is very good. But I must say, MC is pretty quick at making friends. One day you alone and the other day you have 10 friends.

The game is very good. I'm looking forward to the updates :)
  19. 5.00 star(s)

maninx

Your average realistic College experience simulator even though it feels more like high school by the way the characters interact with each other
    But hey at least its wholesome with good humors
    Really liked it simple and enjoyable with great renders that has beautiful models
    and damn every single one of them looks appealing with different types personalities
    Story wise it's not the most unique concept and its too early to tell anyway but hey the dialogues and the writing makes it interesting, enjoyable and engaging and the humor helps a lot along the way.
    Also it seems to be story driven which I prefer over the regular pump and dump stuff
    All in all it's pretty rare to get some realistic stuff like this in a VN so it is unique on it own way for the realism
    Great work dev Goodluck with the project looking forward to what comes in the future and how the story unravels.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Marigolds

Short but sweet, it's a good introduction to quite a few characters and they all feel "real" so far, I wasn't expecting much and yet the story has me wanting more already.

Pace might be a tad bit slow but if we get bigger updates it should be fine, I appreciate that it doesn't appear to be a harem collect them all game as well.