The best interface? Suggestions and examples.

Which type of Interface would do you prefer in a 3DVN Roleplaying game?

• Spatial UI: Floating gui elements within gameworld.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Non-Diegetic: UI elements don't fit in the game world.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Diegetic: UI elements exist within the game world.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • What? i just want to see boobs. (Indifferent)

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
Aug 31, 2017
In terms of visual design and functionality, which adult games do you think have the best interface?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Derover

Modder
Nov 11, 2016
If you write a story and want to be immersive, my preference would be a UI that exists in the story/world itself.
Like the cellphone menu or a PC or a tablet.
I know it is used a lot.

If you have to make a choice in dialogue that's difficult to include in the world though.
You could always try the Mass Effect style of choice.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
So, as i was prototyping the interface of my game ( 3D Visual Novel graphics with role-playing branching dialogues ) i couldn't decide for an intuitive and immersive way of letting the player know choices can be made through dialogue options but also with screen elements to avoid dialogue choices like *kiss her* and to instead just click the lips.

Examples of what im also trying to avoid can be found in games from lesson of passion in which a spark indicates the option, or games where you could completely miss the option like vdategames.

In terms of visual design and functionality, which adult games do you think have the best interface?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Going through old posts, saw this one, figured I would ask how the game is coming along.