Ren'Py - Abandoned - The Big Beyond [v0.07] [Tjop]

1. 2.00 star(s)

YeOldeWanker

Gave this a try after i saw that the dev may be picking up the process again. - It's quite a neat thing but unfortunately i can't rate it very highly at this point as the game crashes, and is full of stuff that just doesn't work.

Bugs/crashes have prevented me from advancing the game. I can see the appeal, but until it becomes more stable, and gets quality of life updates it's a hard pass.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Snowden

What an wonderful little game. Thoroughly enjoyed it. The quests are interesting. However, overall story can use a little bit of work. I loved the visuals. This is an early stage game so I expect a lot more in upcoming future.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Kamaraj

I came for the amazingly thick art, and I was thourgly satisfiesd. The game is rough around the edges but the art and battle system makes up for it. I can tell dev likes to write, seen with the long passages during exploration and an entire 100+ page book filled with a story.

-Amazing Art especially if you're into thicc( I know some say its all elves and not humans but the ears are barely noticeable if that distracts you)
    - Cool premise

- Questing is rough (Some quests like the evidence was confusing)
    - There is a gallery but only accessible at night
    - Can feel grindy

Too bad its onhold, but I hope to see more from the dev
  4. 5.00 star(s)

SHLORPSHLEEP

The Big Beyond shows amazing potential and great promise!

The artstyle is amazing and unique, and fits the theme and aesthetic of the story being told very well. Talking about theme, Wow!

The fantasy genre is lacking in my opinion, especially when it comes to games with more taboo options.

The gameplay is pretty standard turn based combat, with the beginnings of an item system in place, and training you pay for to increase your stats. (perhaps turn it into a sort of minigame to make training feel more impactful, but that's neither here nor there.)

The dialogue has a few errors in places, but thats to be expected when im unsure if English is even the Devs native language.

The developer seems very active, appearing on F95 almost every day, which (hopefully) bodes well for this projects future.

I hope this project comes to fruition, but even if it doesn't, great work on just this dude.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

massifteetees

I really like the art of this game. Lots of big tits MILFs. I hope the developer will return to the game soon. The grind can be too much sometimes, but still I enjoyed the game. Maybe need more sex scenes.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Tenbour-san

This game is so promising! I love milfs/big tits so its already intresting but the attention to detail in every frame was awe-inspiring, great character design, nice story. I hope that we gonna see more from this developer. Keep the good work and come back to us with some good content!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

NooBoomer

One of the best game I've played, awesome art, the quests are good and the ladies/scenes very hot! There is already a lot of content available and it seems like there is a lot more to come. Congrats to the dev for the making of this game.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

sandstorm1872

For someone who likes dungeons and dragons with a bit of R-rated stuff thrown in for kicks, you will enjoy this more than any other game. For someone like me, it wasn't my cup of tea.

You go exploring the Beyond, a vast wilderness expanse and encounter creatures, bandits etc. You fight and kill bandits while with some creatures you go for the flesh, minus the sustenance.

No character is human so even the best characters with whom you can have H-scenes are elves, so as I said earlier, if you're in for those kinks, this is the game for you. For people like me, hard pass.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

walgadon

Version played 0.07
    This will be a rather short review but so be it

The quality of art is great, sure not the best animations I have seen but considering the style it would also be rather hard to animate so no big deal. Of course most of the girls are old, fat and have large breasts which is kind of the antithesis of my personal taste, so that makes it rather hard to judge.

But the fact that I played through that despite my distaste of the women does speak of the quality.
    The story / exploring also works rather well. I do think some areas could have been better marked, such as the smith near the entrance of town. There is also a lot of clicking through the same areas, a map would have been nice. The ui is also rather weird to navigate, you can't use your mouse in the inventory which is not usually the case with ren py games.

Still over all I think this is one of the better ones on and I will continue to follow it, even if most of the girls are really not my taste.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

RoanapurRikki

Incredible stuff. Simply incredible.

Artwork is A+. Lots of curvy girls. Might need to add a little more variety, but all in all great stuff. Would be nice to repeat scenes with more characters, though.

There's some bugs with quests not progressing properly, but nothing too serious.

As of the 0.07 update, I've gotten to the end within about fourteen hours.

And damnit, I want more. Can't wait for the next update.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Quackers13

This game is definitely worth playing. The art is simply fantastic. My biggest criticism is that the writing or translation is really rough, with odd misspellings and weird syntax. It's still mostly readable and better than some games.

At least one apparent bug: The purple mushroom for the potion of cleansing (Queens quest) isn't respawning after the earlier quest.

Also, a possible bug: I've only seen two visits from Mother and she's referred to several times as apparently having already moved in?
  12. 1.00 star(s)

dampbacon

Navagating is terrible and is completely ruining the game, i didn't know where the blacksmith was didnt know where the bed was, didnt know where the castle was etc.

Allot of navigating the world is unclear and i spent most of the time accidently clicking on the wrong corner of the screen, it was unclear where you could click also.

I constantly got stuck and had to google wtf i needed to do next both story wise and navigating because it's completely fucking unclear where to go and how to trigger new quests from within the game

There should be just an option to turn arrows on or something.
    Or atleast short cuts at the button of the screen so if your at the city there a button to travel instantly to the tavern, black smith, castle etc.

if i didn't need to nonstop google shit and get a spliting headache navigating and finding out what content exists it would be great, however the ui ux is completely ruining the game, and needs to be seriously worked on before more stuff gets added to the game.

It should be straight foward and self evident how to find all the content in the game and where to go without trawling the forums. There is potential for a good game but it's such a pain in the ass to play currently, it's unintuitive and not natural feeling.

beyond that the game is laggy, i'm not really sure what can be done to reduce that it seems to be a renpy thing generally but if it's possible to optimise that or offer lower res textures, it'll be great considering it already performs somewhat poorly and there is little content so far in the game, i imagine far more content is planned, at the current performance it could seriously hold the game back.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

kobong

love the art, animation is fine, did i say i love the art? Desing of females supreme. Some problems with quests i did encounter, but most of the fixet itself by progresing story (mushroom cap guy was problem i saw him one time and then never and later i found mushroom and places for trap set by itself)
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Topo_Gigio

The Big Beyond game has a great potential and is a personal favourite of mine. I'm rating current content as of v0.06.

Story: 5/5 - Innovative story, this game makes you actually want to read what's going on and enjoy the process as if you were reading a good book. There's evident effort put into the narrative aspect, with detailed descriptions of places, MC's thoughts, and proper conversations. Main and side quests are consistent and characters have well-developed personalities. The elf/fantasy medieval setting it's a plus, and the main concept behind the story is innovative in games of this genre (exploration of the unknown).

Art: 5/5 - The 2D artwork is simply amazing: the backgrounds, characters, items, everything is beautifully drawn by hand. I'm a fan of 2D games because of the personal and particular feel they provide, but this is simply top level. The female NPCs are gorgeous, realistic and all have very different looks and attributes to satisfy all tastes. The day/night backgrounds are simply stunning, they are a piece of art by themselves.

Gameplay: 4/5 - The gameplay is enjoyable taking in consideration the Ren'Py limitations. The built-in hint system works well, and the way the inventory and combat is handled is very robust and consistent. However, the navigation system in the first part of the Beyond , and the different actions that can be performed on each site can be confusing, but this has been addressed by the developer introducing a new navigation system in the second part of the Beyond that maybe will extend to the first part in a future update. The way the gallery system is implemented in-game is also innovative as it makes part of the storyline itself.

Sexy times: 4/5 - Despite the artwork and static CGs being fantastic, the artist/developer needs to improve the animations so they are more smooth and feel more natural. I'm sure there's much effort already put on improving this, and we see that with every release this aspect gets better and better, so with time this will become a 5/5.

Future potential: 5/5 - With a great story, innovative gameplay and gorgeous graphics, the potential of this game is top class.

Final rating: 23/25 - 5 stars
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Spuds18

Great game so far , loving the 2dcg (weird but it feels more honest that the over used Daz models) . And obviously this is a personal preference but fantasy element with elves etc hits the right chord.

Fantastic art and premise so far (v.06) and the only thing i'd perhaps like to see is a small hint/warning not to wander into tougher opponent areas initially like i did (xD) or perhaps i missed those?

Edit : Honest feedback ; we could use a slightly better objective system, don't need handholding but some of the quests need a clue of sorts (locations, characters etc)

This doesn't change my rating of course given we are still in development, QoL features get added mid-stream even in AAAs ;)
  16. 5.00 star(s)

aborym

Wonderful game, I enjoyed every moment of it.
    The Story is good, the art is even better, a good amount of characters that are interesting, thou not everyone have jiucy scenes yet.
    I hope it recives a lot of support from the fans, I will eagerly wait every new release of it.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Ulrich von Liechtenstein

The Big Beyond [v0.06]
    A great game with a funny protagonist. It's not often we get a chance to play as an elf wandering through a fantasy world.
    Primes:
    - The author's excellent English - the dialogues match the game's setting perfectly. It is extremely rare to find this level of quality for a game of the erotic genre. Just a 10/10.
    - The coolly realized map-opening journey even brought to mind classic turn-based RPG games. For some reason it reminded me of my favorite Vagrant story.
    - Beautiful girls surrounding the main character. The funny thing is that the hottest scenes turned out with the side girls from Beyond (the female orc, the dryad and the dove).

What I'd like to improve:
    - The sex scenes and animation could have been much more desirable. We have a bunch of gorgeous females and the interactions with them sometimes don't look much prettier than just a static pics. I'm hoping for progress, as in the case of the long-running "Innocent Witches" game;
    - I'd like to be able to have choices/developments as the story progresses. For example, if we release orc girl, I'd like to be able to meet her again and build a friendship/love. Or give the option to play the role of a bloody asshole with opportunity to kill/ betray, in short to solve the problem in a simple way. And say if the good guy has positive skills the bad guy might have increased strength and rage. All in all, in my humble opinion something like this could improve and interest the playthrough.
    Thank you for reading to the end. Looking forward to continuing this wonderful game!
  18. 2.00 star(s)

stinkholeslammer

I feel like this game would probably be ok if I didn't have to click 10000 times to do anything. The game really really needs a map so you can travel between places instead of clicking 50 times to get from point A to point B.

The art is cool and unique but my wrist gave out before even saw a nipple. Speaking of nipples, who the fuck bathes in their underwear?

The beyond part was pretty good.

Remove the fucking tedium, it's not immersive, it's not fun or interactive, it's just annoying.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

mrttao

+the art is sublime, I love it.
    +story is decent, albeit short
    -engrish
    -grindy
    -very bad navigation. transition areas are too close to the edges, and direction gets flipped at random. (eg press up to go forward, now pressing up goes backwards and down is forwards). every scene has its own random set of directions that do not mesh at all.
    -lots of empty locations with nothing to do.
    -way way too many clicks to navigate
    -hunting for the clickable in an unintuitive manner.
    -raising your stats is just converting gold into stats
  20. 5.00 star(s)

twicejjang

An absolutely wonderful game with incredible art and a huge amount of content including extensive side quests and many, many hidden scenes. There are interesting interactions with basically every NPC already and I'm sure more are on the way.