HTML The Black Baron [v0.2 Alpha] [ColossalProjectProductions]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

The Text Formatting is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
new save isnt ideal but at least you think youve future proofed against needing this often. Also just glad to see it alive

ColossusProjectProduction

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2022
new save isnt ideal but at least you think youve future proofed against needing this often. Also just glad to see it alive
Yeah, the new save wasn't exactly 100% necessary, by the time I'd implemented the method which required a new save, I'd already thought of 100 different ways to do it in a way that wouldn't have required it, but I still decided to keep to it, so as not to leave some things behind as an "artifact" of the previous version. It is basically tied to the way "Inventory" is handled, as I hadn't developed it in a way that would allow changes in the future, which obviously came in this update.

Cago

May 27, 2018
is it just me or is there only the first interaction with Kat now with the couch scene and buying her a tent but nothing else even though there is more for her in the files.

Reactions: dreas

ZibiMuj

Jun 16, 2018
This is honestly one of the better games I've played. I hope its development continues, I've played a ton of games on this site and this one sticks out as unique. Don't worry about using AI images in the future if it speeds development. I hope you accomplish great things with this game. Let your story flow and ring true!

Strykker

Dec 30, 2021
The choices to do something else after Lady Katherine gives you bj other than go for a walk disappear if you reload/scroll back or even starting a new game.

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2022
When i first read the title i thought it would finally be a game with a black protagonist, dissapointing but will still play.
Sorry about the disappointment, I understand the feeling, but the game is likely not going to feature any black characters. At most, brown as the Faiz Emirate is something of an equivalent to the Ottoman Empire in real world history. Hope you enjoy.

The choices to do something else after Lady Katherine gives you bj other than go for a walk disappear if you reload/scroll back or even starting a new game.
The choices to do something else are timed. Just be patient. And congrats on finding the choices in the first place.

Nameless420

Aug 30, 2018
is it just me or is there only the first interaction with Kat now with the couch scene and buying her a tent but nothing else even though there is more for her in the files.
If you get a bj from Kat, wait afterwards, before leaving the tent. It's one of those "secret choices" you have to wait for. You can eat her out, or get a bad end for raping her.

SKarecro

Jun 12, 2018
As mentioned earlier in the thread, capitalization mis-match makes this game un-playable on anything but Windows.

Basically,
wojewode.webp is NOT the same as Wojewode.webp
and
Wojewodes.webp is NOT the same as WojewodeS.webp

It works on Windows because Windows doesn't care (and that's sloppy of Windows).

Also, file names with spaces in them are typically not going to work on anything but Windows either.

Basically, you want your game to work for anyone who runs it, not just the people who run it on Windows. Windows currently only has 28% market share for home OS users, and on everything else your game would be broken. And since this is a web-based game, and Microsoft has less than 20% of the global web-server market, it would be in your best interest to correct any discrepancies.

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2022
As mentioned earlier in the thread, capitalization mis-match makes this game un-playable on anything but Windows.

Basically,
wojewode.webp is NOT the same as Wojewode.webp
and
Wojewodes.webp is NOT the same as WojewodeS.webp

It works on Windows because Windows doesn't care (and that's sloppy of Windows).

Also, file names with spaces in them are typically not going to work on anything but Windows either.

Basically, you want your game to work for anyone who runs it, not just the people who run it on Windows. Windows currently only has 28% market share for home OS users, and on everything else your game would be broken. And since this is a web-based game, and Microsoft has less than 20% of the global web-server market, it would be in your best interest to correct any discrepancies.
So, if I make sure the media files are all unique names, this would be fixed?

fomeki6933

Jun 29, 2020
So, if I make sure the media files are all unique names, this would be fixed?
Just be consistent with capitalization between actual file names and what you use to refer to them in the code. For example, the file is called "continent.png", but the code looks for "Continent.png". Windows thinks c and C are the same letter and shows the image, but Mac/Linux/etc thinks c and C are different letters and doesn't find the image.

Previous poster says the game is "unplayable", but plenty of images names do match the names in the code. In the same Encyclopedia menu as the "continent.png/Continent.png" name mismatch, there's for example the file "Provinces.png" referred to in the code as "Provinces.png" which does work, since the file names and capitalization match.

None of these show because of the different capitalization:
File: Nasal.webp vs Code: nasal.webp
File: tentcity.webp vs Code: TentCity.webp
File: Stream.webp vs Code: stream.webp
File: Giggle.webm vs Code: giggle.webm
etc...

Last edited:

Cago

May 27, 2018
If you get a bj from Kat, wait afterwards, before leaving the tent. It's one of those "secret choices" you have to wait for. You can eat her out, or get a bad end for raping her.
I didn't even get the bj I just got them cuddling on the couch then it went into the siege and I never saw her afterwards only annette

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2022
I didn't even get the bj I just got them cuddling on the couch then it went into the siege and I never saw her afterwards only annette
That's also a valid route. Just means your relation with her is below 15, if I remember correctly.

Just be consistent with capitalization between actual file names and what you use to refer to them in the code. For example, the file is called "continent.png", but the code looks for "Continent.png". Windows thinks c and C are the same letter and shows the image, but Mac/Linux/etc thinks c and C are different letters and doesn't find the image.

Previous poster says the game is "unplayable", but plenty of images names do match the names in the code. In the same Encyclopedia menu as the "continent.png/Continent.png" name mismatch, there's for example the file "Provinces.png" referred to in the code as "Provinces.png" which does work, since the file names and capitalization match.

None of these show because of the different capitalization:
File: Nasal.webp vs Code: nasal.webp
File: tentcity.webp vs Code: TentCity.webp
File: Stream.webp vs Code: stream.webp
File: Giggle.webm vs Code: giggle.webm
etc...
I'll see if I can't rework the stuff so it works. Can't promise it'll be done by 0.2B (ETA 2-3 weeks), but I'll try to make sure it works by 0.2F and obviously be consistent with it further on in development.

Reactions: fomeki6933
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes