README The Bloo Guide [2020-10-13]

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018

For those who'd like to develop their own architecture for their games. It's a pretty great little special purpose CAD program for house design work that comes with a lot of stock textures and furniture models and it's capable of some decent looking renders on it's own and the models can be exported as .OBJ files as well if you'd like to import them into a scene in something else so you can add your characters and such in and do better quality renders.

Ohrly

Apr 16, 2018
Maybe you should add this to tools:

(FolderChangesView is a simple tool that monitors the folder or disk drive that you choose and lists every filename that is being modified, created, or deleted while the folder is being monitored.)

For example, you do not know the location of a game's save file. Open this tool > create a save from the game > look modified files from tool. That's it. Very useful tool.

siamese

May 2, 2017
i'm looking for a help to play/read visual novel on android phone, anyone know how? appreciate it guys!

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Updated thread with new information.

Some of the links above wont make it into the OP but thank you for sharing nonetheless, you're comments are visible to all.

i'm looking for a help to play/read visual novel on android phone, anyone know how? appreciate it guys!
You can try VNDS, it allows you to convert a small variety of visual novels to VNDS format to play on your Nintendo DS or your Android phone. i can't help you with much more, you can try reading information here

Reactions: siamese

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Added

MVMVM

Sep 7, 2017

Another pretty good comics site thats been around for quite a while

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Added: how to software versioning

Jul 4, 2018
there is a site that displays specific tag collections like luscious.net? btw, the source filmmaker creator list link seems broken?

Siluman

[Monster Girl Lover]
Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017
thanks for the information.
btw can you add some information on the site as who can we contact to spread our works or maybe we can directly upload it ourself?
as I know some of that sites has some strict things like we must active for long time to share.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
there is a site that displays specific tag collections like luscious.net? btw, the source filmmaker creator list link seems broken?
I'm currently working on re-doing that thread it links to in more detail.

thanks for the information.
btw can you add some information on the site as who can we contact to spread our works or maybe we can directly upload it ourself?
as I know some of that sites has some strict things like we must active for long time to share.
All that information can be found at the top of the home page on the Site news and announcements section:

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
@Bloo You should remove Alluc from the websites collection. They discontinued it sadly but however they kept PronTV going.

Reactions: Bloo

Cremona Devs

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2018
I totally suggest adding Sourcecode to the list, that thing finally made me understand git and now my code's not all over the place for once in my life

Nicodemus_MM

Oct 8, 2018
@Bloo OMG... Thank you! I just found this thread and wanted to express my gratitude. Unfortunately, while being incredibly helpful, I'm sure the tools and guides are going to kill any free time I had available. :)

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
I totally suggest adding Sourcecode to the list, that thing finally made me understand git and now my code's not all over the place for once in my life
Or Gitkraken since it's cross platform and adds in a few more source code management sites.
Also I just went to PronTV and the link is actually now.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Or Gitkraken since it's cross platform and adds in a few more source code management sites.
I'll look into them and any new stuff when i have some time. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Cremona Devs

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Added to the OP, a robust, user friendly alternative to Photoshop/GIMP that will feel familiar to any PS users.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Added to the OP, thank you for the recommendations.

Reactions: Cremona Devs

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
wish i could find a place to download all the programs i need to make games but i cant find any of it yet ill have to keep looking
Might want to consider going the free route. for 3D, for 2D and for an engine are all you really need to make just about any game imaginable. They are all open-source and cross-platform. If all you want to make is a visual novel, like many here, then you can also go with instead. All of these are absolutely free and extremely powerful and have absolutely no troubles at all competing with their commercial rivals when it comes to the solo, or small team, environments you are likely to find yourself working in.

A few other free, open-source and cross-platform tools to consider would include , a personal desktop wiki program, which is great for compiling your game design documents/notes. If you plan on doing a branching narrative based game, 's node based story editor is about the best tool for roughing out your storylines in advance.

These days the only thing stopping you from making a game is yourself. Don't use the price/availability of lackluster commercial tools as your excuse for not taking the initiative when there are so many amazing free tools at your disposal that will surely be far more than you could possibly need for years to come if you're willing to put in the effort.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes