The Blood Oath [Development Thread]

Aug 15, 2019
Hello guys, This is my first project i have been working on for a while
I really try to improve with every render but its really hard for me since, I have no background in ether scripting/render/or any other thing so im really starting from 0.
And im learing from youtubers or asking people for advice so bare with my trough this long but enjoyable progress leave some tips while you're reading this haha
especialy lighting its so hard for some reason or maby its easy and i just dont understand

Overvieuw:
In this game you play as a son of a (Earl) An earl or jarl is a member of the nobility among some of the early Norsemen, though they were properly pronounced as jarl. The earl/jarl is usually seen as a chieftain of a particular city/village, in this world al the village's are devided and waging war, against each other is the only means to get food and gold for you're own people
you as son of a respectable and fearsom Earl, wants a change that!Why wage war against each other when the people you loot and pillage are just as poor as you are?
Why not sails West......

Patreon
Release Date: 2021-Q-2 (ep.1) DELAYED
Developer/Publisher: Modus Operandi Gaming
Censorship: None
Version: EP.1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

i hope i spraked some interest

main_menu.png

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019
hey lovely community i have a quick update,
i wanted to release the game earlyer trust me but its harcore mode for a first timer and i had to rewrite the story because i didnt like it, anyway wanted to atleast show some image's hope u like it

ep1koningenagnar2.png
ep1ebbe enprinces!.png ep1 player_slaapkamer_ fixed.png idunn and player.png

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Keep working at it, the only way to improve your skills is to keep studying and trying.

I would suggest you spend some time researching how to do lighting for Daz. "3 point lights" for character portraits can help a lot.

My feedback on the examples you have shown:

1. This is the best of them by a long way. Good pose, good face expression, excellent composition of elements, lighting is pretty good.

2. Foreground is too dark, can barely see the man's face. The earth in the middle-distance has unnatural sharp edges and corners. if you can't modify it (using a prebuilt set?) then place some prop objects to hide the lines.

3. a indoor scene with strange bright lights. think about the room - where is the light coming from? windows? doors? fires? torches? Also, that face expression looks silly and goofy, Unless you intended that based on the scene dialogue...?

4. A single bright light in a dark room - it looks like a "point light" so the edge of the shadow behind is hard and sharp. This is not natural: use a light with a disc size 10-20cm. Also add more light panels (look into "ghost lights") to give some illumination to the background areas, and they can also throw some various light effects onto the figure from different directions.

Final comment, I don't want to be rude to you because I also know how hard it can be to express yourself in a non-native language, but based on your post texts, you might want to get some help proofreading your game dialogue.

Good luck and make sure to follow your interests because these projects take a lot of effort and otherwise you will be burned out before finishing anything.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Oh, very nice. Good composition.

If I'm reaching for suggestions, here's two:

- If you are trying to be mysterious about the identity, the shadows are good. Otherwise I'd suggest something like a subtle one-side disc light near her chin to light the throat and face slightly.

- the mirror is a little too perfect, especially in a medieval setting. adding some cloudyness and/or dust would help, and if you set it up right the body and face area could be left clear for the visual impact.