Others - The Camgirl [v0.5] [Diddler Games]

1. 3.00 star(s)

StupidDumbJerk

[Review of version 0.4]

I'm just dropping a review in here since the entire game has apparently been reworked. The only other posted review was for an earlier version and does not reflect anything I saw in 0.4.

The current release is a pure kinetic novel -- no decisions at all. With that in mind it's pretty good. The animations and renders are relatively standard quality, and there's the very beginnings of a story. The biggest issue at the moment is the brief length. Not to give away much, but at the end of the current content the protagonist is just starting to consider becoming a Camgirl.

Another downside: I ran this on a pretty beefy machine and, even so, there was a very protracted startup/loading screen. It's so slow that I thought that things were just broken. But eventually the game loaded and I could click my way through it just fine.

If a Kinetic Novel is the new direction of this game, I'd highly recommend scrapping this thread and creating a new one that accurately reflects the type of game this is.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

flarigand

You have to first finish the visual novel, when I say this, I mean it in every way, many renderings full of noise, others renders with only one character and no background (And a lot of noise), the incongruous story, If you are going to publish your work, let it have at least some "soul", honestly it's a waste of time in this state, you have to work on many things, practicing lighting in the renders, character design, etc.