VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - The Change [v0.1.2] [AlyaStudio]

1. 2.00 star(s)

SlideweenTV

Version played: v0.1.2

This is perhaps the first vn that I am writing this review which contains a low star score. There are only 2 reasons for me. Firstly, the story pacing is a bit too fast. you go from one moment focusing on 1 character then without any proper digestion it changes to another environment. Secondly, I really dislike the old man being shaft into being a part of the main MC, if the MC has to suffer from amnesia as part of the story, its totally cool with me except the old man.

Otherwise renders look great and the characters look good as well. May check this again in the future but for now its a low priority unfortunately.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Before I Forget

At some I feel that Devs need to take a good hard look at the kind of story that they want to tell, if it's going to be liked and more importantly what audience you're trying to attract.

Why would I or anyone want to play the one main character who's a rapey simp that goes along with anything anyone tells him to do and some random ass homeless guy that's even worse that the original? It's absurd.

When will the trend of idiotic asshole main characters die out? Pretty pictures can't save this one.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Ragnar

Version 0.1.2
    At first it looked like another run of the mill incest game but the twist make it a bit original. Renders are nice even if so far there is not much content. I would prefer a full possession like in My Best Deal but the two personalities/one body can work really good storywise.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

memes memer

Eh, I liked it. There's nothing (in terms of content) in the prologue so far but I like the design of the mom a lot. There's a lot of missteps though like the pacing already feels bloated in terms of the dialogue quantity ratio to the actual value of the dialogue. I have concerns that the pacing in the future will also be bad. It's also weird that the MC and "Mike" looks older than the sisters and sometimes even the mom too. I kinda think the whole introduction to who is who right before the bathroom part could be cut completely (like "show don't tell" who the characters are as you go along would be better if the creator has a good sense of who these characters are and their sexual personalities). Premise seems good. I was kinda hoping when I saw the screenshots before playing it was going to be like a mom changes to a younger self and she's horny for the MC type of thing because she does look younger in some screenshots.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Andeddo

Even if gave it 3/5 rn, it's not in any way a bad nor average game

Prologue is short, fast paced, too fast paced in my opinion. It covers 1 day from the life of MC, where we meet main love interests, a friend and main motivation for rest of the game. It's all kinda jammed together, and while succeding in telling the story, i felt like someone retold me this and i did not played and witnessed it. And with a title being "The Change", together with what was shown in the prologue, MC suppose to reflect on how he behaved, what he did, all relations with people dear to him, etc., and change, for better or worse. Redemption arc, sort of, that not really working, if we don't know what character did before. We know nothing about MC, apart from him being a creep to his family and idiot with his friend.
    Character designs are good, especially Alexia
    What i actually liked, is a successful dodge of usual safe cliches, that everyones likes to insert in Incest games - dead father figure and frustraded mother figure, who wants to jump on MC as soon as she sees his dick in the shower

Overal, it's a decent start of a promising project, i will keep my eye on