VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Changing Season [Ch.5] [Storyteller97]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

St97

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2019
New_Banner.png

Overview:
At 19 years old, you're left reeling from the recent and devastating death of your mother. Your father doesn't seem the least bit rattled, and is moving you two across the country to his new girlfriend's house. The timing seems suspect to you. But you're quickly enamoured with the Walker household, and the strong women that occupy it.​

Thread Updated: 2021-06-01
Release Date: 2021-06-01
Developer: Storyteller97
Censored: No
Version: Chapter 5
Language: English
Other games: Vice
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Saves before Chapter 3 Remastered will not work

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - -
Mac: - - -
Others: Android*

Extras: Walkthrough & Cheat Mod* - Walkthrough/Cheats/Gallery mod* - Fan Sig

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

275.png 203.png 167.png c2_100.png c3_s14_14.png s2_7.png s4_3.png s6_15.png s7_6.png s15_9.png s19_24.png

Last edited by a moderator:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Not a bad start. I do like the focus on choices forcing specific paths. Although I also enjoy harem games, it's always nice to see something different. This might technically require several playthroughs: one for each girl's path, and maybe one for each attribute along each path. How heavily will the MC's starting attribute choice affect later scenes? Will some content be locked if you choose the "wrong" starting attribute?

In any case, it looks good so far. I wish you success in your efforts with this game.

CaptMorgan76

May 10, 2018
What I’m hoping to deliver: If you guys haven’t checked out PhillyGames and Dr.PinkCake, please do so. They’re the cream of the crop for developers of Adult VNs.
This was the 1st red flag, but I downloaded it anyways. Then the kiss of death came in the in-game Dev notes when he talked about "not being able to please everybody" in real life and therefore not in the game either.. Immediately quit and deleted it..

aessir

Jun 18, 2017
2 things i've noticed so far. In the restaurant you order the 3p special but then he says the pasta was great. Afterwards Jenny calls u her roommate. Is there going to be a patch to change that? Is patreon even going to give you troubles for step-brother?
The girls are beautiful and the MC is cool. Not the typical Max model. I wish you the best of luck with your project.

Reactions: Paprika

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Mmm interesting you say that...

For me Philly is master at renders and DocP is great at characters/humour.
However i have to say Naughty Road and AZ for story/characters are the masters hands down. AZ's quality of renders are exceptionally good.

So to admit in game that you feel you are not able to please everyone i agree is not good way to go about things...

This was the 1st red flag, but I downloaded it anyways. Then the kiss of death came in the in-game Dev notes when he talked about "not being able to please everybody" in real life and therefore not in the game either.. Immediately quit and deleted it..

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Plot setup seems pretty standard, but the writing being competent helps it stand out. Flow of conversation and character reactions are pretty good. Will look out for the updates.

Main gripe is that text box. Looks fancy, but it pretty much obscures a third of the game screen (which is what players want to see!). More noticeable since it's in 720p and real estate is already limited, but even in full HD, it'd be an irritant. I think GUI design in a VN should try mimic the 'TV viewing with subs' experience as close as possible, with some extra HUD elements wherever necessary. Unless you're doing something completely radical, in which case, godspeed.

Reactions: tossler and botc76

kshyk

Mar 18, 2018
Not to sound prudish but this isn't gonna be another NTR game is it? The site has been swarmed with them lately.
Dad - Jane relationship doesn't seem like NTR for me. At least not the bad one. It's you (MC) who can be jealous prick in this game (if you want to). - if I'm correct, then this kind of NTR (optional) is fine by me.

Simple, but well written game demo. So far 2020 is a good year! A lot of good vn's came out recently.
I hope you enjoyed my humble review :D

Reactions: Acheron32
4.10 star(s) 27 Votes