RPGM - The Chant of Dead [v1.9.3B Patreon] [FariseoStudio]

1. 1.00 star(s)

fusspot

Somehow it's only gotten buggier and more broken in the nearly 5 years since the first release. Animations don't play, walking into buildings can hard lock you in those buildings, starting some quests can break other quests and leave you in a spot where you can't progress, even the cheat menu doesn't work properly.

And you can't even say "at least the MC is cute" anymore, when there's at least two different models, and one is such a distractingly bad, low quality model

This really seems like it could have been good, but somehow the creator has only gotten worse while working on it
  2. 2.00 star(s)

dragoonbill

I cannot recommend this game, some of the animations are stretched really oddly. It has too many pointless fail conditions. It didn't seem to have a path after certain animations played. It outright crashed a few times. Just not that fun. The model is cute though.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Really_GG

I downloaded this game for a long time, then it seemed to me that this rpgm game is not bad. Again zombies, again the main character is female, there seems to be a plot. Then I played for 3 hours and deleted it. After all, it is too boring and interest is gone. Now downloaded and here is the result:
    Pictures in the game for 2 stars, there are better games on the site, in 3D and animated. The plot is trite, there are zombies, we must survive. But over the years, I see the game being updated, new things are being done, and I'm not surprised that this game has a terrible rating. After all, it's true. The idea of the game is clear to everyone, but the developer is apparently tired of this game and whoever supports it on the patron makes small updates. So far I'm giving this game 1 star.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

ironsmash

This is the most stupid game I ever played on this site, and I can say I played a few. I didn't get past the first scenes because it's incredibly stupid. I am here to fap, not to stress myself clicking everywhere to avoid hordes of zombies, dying, and repeat the game from scratch. Wtf? How can dev though it was a good idea to lure virgin and purity seekers only to debauchee the girl on the first seconds of the game in a click stressful frenzy? Baffles me completely. Scaring the players away on the first scene.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

ArcTec

Okay guys, 1.7.2 patreon for me. Almost finished game.

So, you decided to play it, eh? Sure, go ahead, but beware of immense ammount of grind in game and unskippable scenes that you must watch tens of times to get to nextstage of events. I spent 20 hours in game, and I dare to say, If there was possibility of skipping watched scenes if would have taken just 4. If you playing this, USE rpgmaker save editor and cheats A LOT.

Scenes themselves are pretty good, but ammount of grind in game you must walkthrough to get to em... and also there is no pointers what you must do next, tho it is good, something, like journal with track of your missions and little tips on next step would be good, as of now, read into text intentively, to get idea of what to do next.

First two chapters are meh, third one is a real shit, but it's still work in progress, tho it looks much more promising.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Fozn

While the game probably started from a decent enough original spark, whats actually here is not worth playing. After three whole years. The content that has been added is grindy, broken and buggy.

The game's original CG was generic but decently executed Honey Select fodder. The new CGs are all much lower quality.

The quest structure is impenetrable and extremely buggy, with no objective tracking of any sort. Certain quests never seem to progress/complete, but there is never a way of telling.

The narrative starts out decent but quickly devolves into nonsense, in large part due to the MC having no real progression. She saves an orc tribe against an invading zombie horde, but cant prevent getting raped by a random man in the street 10 seconds later.

The game crashes frequently and has a ton of bugs.

For the creator: had you kept the scope small and created a polished, working game with the original CGs this would have been a very passable first project. Right now its just a mess.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Salminar

The PC is cute and the intro looks fun but the game is an horror in the literal term of it.

First 1.4gb of files for not much content. v1.3 is at most an early alpha, you will clean all the content in an hour, including the grinding. The fault to many animations that aren't that good and take up a shit load of space. The author is so lazy he do not optimize his pictures, blending the background in all of them instead of actually making it a background ...

The story is also ... How to put that? You are a young noble prudish girl that fall in love with an orc simply because he fucked you and made you pregnant. Ok ... And you know you are pregnant the second he cum inside your womb. Yeah that's really inconsistent and all is like this.

The mind control scene is in the same line, you have one line hinting you there is mind control, and then nothing. It's only to be able to tick the tag i guess. Corruption the same, there is no corruption, your character is simply a whore, that's all.

*sighs*
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Cofman

v1.0 B Patreon
    At first, this game looks kinda cool, intro with some kind of magic, zombie hordes, escaping and willing to revenge, BUT, trying to die in the beginning makes your game freeze, game is very laggy and buggy, no option to be pure, because you'll be raped anyway in the inn (you'll actually beg for that, even if you are innocent ! WTF ?!).
    At least, fighting is ok, because there is almost no turn based combat, like in almost every rpgm games, but It doesn't help well, with all game experience.
    H-scenes is bullshit, you can forget about them.
    Verdict: Can't recommend it to play
  9. 1.00 star(s)

DXM3191

Originally I was stoked about this game, cute girl / corruption / monsters / pregnancy - the whole gambit. I even went so far as to donate a significant amount of money to the Devs patreon for this game. This game is by and large a buggy mess:

Corruption system: The corruption system is broke, you have the option at the beginning of the game to start off as super corrupted - the "points" system for corruption are meaningless, you get to choose anyway so there is no system of corruption at all.

Pregnancy / Impregnation system: The DEV all but cut out any reference to pregnancy from the original patreon page (one of the big reasons i actually donated).... pregnancy was completely cut out

Story: The story is all over the place - it is extremely linear and doesn't know what kind of story it wants to be... to put it bluntly it's as if the dev was making up the story as he went ..one week wanting to go the horror / suspense route the next week transitioning towards a more lighthearted and comedy route..... back and forth, over and over... it's a game that doesn't know what it wants to be

The character art is good, the sex scenes are...okay - nothing ground breaking or a "must see" by any means...

I applaud the dev for the attempt, but it needs a LOT of work to even be worth looking at - he needs to bring in other people to help with the storyline issues, the gameplay mechanics...the whole thing... to even pass the 3 star route...

overall...... 1 star... avoid and watch from a distance
  10. 3.00 star(s)

goatwhisperer3

Pretty decent game. The story is easy to follow and nothing special but fine.
    "Corruption" is way too fast tho. At the beginning you can pick how much experience the girl has with the other sex. i picked "none" and after like 3days in some refugee camp she fucks a random dude, begging for more. (Yea, I made her do that, but ther point is that there was nothing really stopping me from doing so)
    Also: Narrator using "you" instead of "her" is irritating af. In sex-scenes, I tend to not identify with the girl, so its pretty awkward being addressed continuously.

The girl is pretty cute tho. thats good.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

swiezak1988

+ Beautiful PC.
    + Good setup and story.
    - Unfortunately some grind without possibility to know if there is any new content ahead. It would be better if progression would be visible (or there would be hint that there will be none in this version). Also instead of exposing few moves/scenes at the pub at once, it may be better to split that into more levels of PC corruption.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

vrtrtr

It's a buggy mess (there is no way to sleep in the "common inn" you get tickets for so you need to spend the cash on the other inn; the rations cannot be used even if you don't have any MP left) without a real story, horrible grammar, bad renderings and wrong image resolutions both for enemies sprites and for some of the animations. A saving grace may be the character design - which is fairly cute. It's sad to see that it isn't utilized properly. There is no actual "progression" in the events -
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.