VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment]

1. 1.00 star(s)

HansDampf788

OK, I’m done with this game because instead of improving the game the Dev made it even worse with the chapter 1 remake.

With adding the new corruption/dom route the writing became inconsistent as fuck, in one moment it feels as you play the romance route, and then the MC behaves like a super dickhead. Another case of inconsistent writing is, in the corruption route the MC forbids Sam to pleasure herself and in the next scene she appears in the MC goes to her room and sees her riding a dildo.

What is the point of giving the player the ability to set the relations to Susan (mom), Samantha (sister), Allison (cousin), and Nancy (aunt)? if the story later tells us that the MC’s dad died when he was young and his mom was already dead before that. That’s the incest out of the game.

The “LIs” are still portrayed as sluts that fuck everything that walks and they still talk about their previous partners, in the case of Sam, it was even expanded with her still being in love with the previous dude and even having nightmares because he left her/got kidnapped.

The MC is supposed to get a harem of 12 girls and it seems not a single one of them will be a virgin because the coming of age ceremony seems to be nothing else than having sex with the arbiter.

Choosing exile just results in a dead-end so what’s the point of the choice?

Personal preference, from the four “currently” available LI 2 are not attractive to me (Susan and Nancy, their tits are too big and I also don’t like Nancys face).
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Kelsmen

Ok so here is my review now before I start I have to say that I am supporter on patreon and a fan of this game but just because I am those I will not let that affect my review.

I am going with 4 stars for this and I will give my reasons why. Having played this since the very first release of this where there were a number of things wrong with the game. The fact that the main character basically didn’t care that he had been drugged. As well as the mini games thathad In my opinion no reason to be there. The characters were not as fleshed out as they should have been. That was the first version of this game since then there has been a rewrite and the first part of chapter 2 was released. Now onto this version the remake or perhaps the creators redemption release. This version is much better then the original version. The characters have more character to them. The mini games are gone. Different routes have been added. More scenes that pertain to the story have been added. But there are also some misses as well.

spoilers ahead if you have not played it yet please stop reading and try it out first.

after the Mc corrupts Susan and Samantha and changes their appearance. They should remain in that state permanently.

a good thing at least in my opinion is how the creator decided to utilize the sleeping drug in the game in a different light that was a smart decision in my book.

I am not the best at writing a review but I hope this helped my one or two people. But in closing the changes the creator has vastly improved the game from the first version. Look forward to what’s coming next.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Larry2000

I'm not gonna lie, I went off on this review. It hurts me to say such negative things, but here goes nothing...

You live in a world where the male population is less than ¼ the female one, you basically can’t even go outside and only have predetermined locations… and yet… your sister still gets boned by some other dude/s before you?!?!? (EDIT: Both your sister and your MOM get boned before you and you get to hear/see about their relationship in the past.. Kinda NTRy not gonna lie) This wasn’t even the thing that I had most problem with in this game (Edit: it is now), it’s just the straw the broke the camel's concave back.

I don’t know how else to think about the whole, “my family fucks everyone they want at anytime and they have on at least 2 occasions drugged me JUST to have sex” the word “JUST” needs to be boldened, underlined and tattooed on your screen. I don’t think I’ve ever been this angry at characters in a game that are SUPPOSED to be loving. I’m not even a “vanilla player” that hates any unpleasantness or a snowflake. No, I usually give Dev’s SO much leeway with sleep sex, relationships, character mistakes/betrayal, and character quirks, but this was a deep blow. Everytime the characters spoke, I just got more and more heated. Their terrible excuses were sickening, and this is the goddamn REWRITE VERSION! What the heck?

I came into this game going “I want to give the Dev the benefit of the doubt. These people are too sensitive. I can play this and get an objective point of view that shines light on the positive aspects of this VN…”

I can’t begin to describe how shitty their excuse to drug their own flesh and blood… I can’t. It’s sickening and when paired with the reason, it makes it exponentially worse. “Hey son, sorry we drugged you, we wanted to have full blown sex so I could cheer up your sister cause some guy left her so she couldn’t get off to his NON-MC Dick. She misses it more than anything on god’s green Earth but she’ll probably settle for yours cause, you know, you exist and have a dick…” Like, every person in this place just gets random action. The Mom/sister, in the past, fucked the principle, the MC’s teacher, the Gym Coach and those are only the ones I’ve read and I’m half way through the prologue… Imagine the LONG list that goes down to the depths of the postapocalyptic eradiated lake run off. The shit sandwich that the Dev served up to add insult/spit in the face to injury, the MC starts to hear the Mom out and he starts to accept it… The MC is trepidatious at first and refuses to go near her, she says some sob story about his sister and how she’ll never drug him again and he lets her put her head on his shoulders. After that, you forgive them... that simple. They are forgiven and the game moves on like you love them and they love you. Mind you, all they've done is indicate that they need to train him for the "Ceremony" some dumb excuse for the two female leads to fuck the MC... let’s not forget to mention that his sister is some kind of postapocalyptic stripper of some kind cause you know End of the world? Only sex is important and it happens anytime, anyplace… the level of cringe was… I feel like I’m just bashing on the Dev, but I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to like this game. I love the models and the set up is pretty good too. I wish other games presented the games in such a way. It doesn’t feel to exposition-y and moves at a decent clip. If only the Dev could write likable characters that don’t fuck everything that walks.

BUT, the saving grace is apparently the Mom hasn’t had a co- you know what it is, in many many years. Not the sister, she might have had one as short as a few days before she got back to your home… Again, how does his sister manage to get in another dudes pants in an end of the world game with 1/4 the total population of men in the world. In this world they pump and dump the girls cause the dudes are basically breeders cause of the low population, so I can imagine she’s pregnant too… Oh and did I mention the sisters dialogue talking about the MC’s dick?
    “I just hope he picks me. I bet he’s a got a nice big cock”
    The slutty character that’s she’s currently fucking admonishes HER for talking about her brother… like, when the girl around town tells you that you’re being slutty, you gotta look inside yourself…

Everyone has a crack at getting laid except the MC. He's got sloppy 1,000,000ths and he’s expected to forgive them cause he’s a horny kid. I’m not even crying “oh no, she’s not a virgin” it’s just that as I pointed out, it’s the end of society as we know it, and you’d think that the MC would be the first person in her thoughts growing up because they clearly have no boundaries when it comes to incest with them fucking sister, cousins and daughter/mothers. So I ask if it makes sense for the sister to be looking for dick when she’s got a genetically modified one at home tailored for mother and sister? EVERY character in this game is slutty. Nothing against slutty, but the world is ONLY slutty girls...

This is the last thing I’ll say about this, I ALWAYS play the good guy. ALWAYS. I don’t even look at the evil paths, but not in this game. I want a bad path in this game. I want to completely dominate these “women” and give them what they deserve. Holy crap, I hate them. Either make the script/character motivations better, or allow me to punish them like they deserve.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Leviweeb

As of Chap2 part 1
    Honestly I download it after the first update and new it wasn't for me a barely made it ten minutes in the first time, but I saw they were making changes and said they changed a lot so, and I do really like the modals so I thought I would try again, Even with the changes I still feel kind of sick playing this game, Honestly, I generally am pretty possessive in games so I am not a fan of knowing people are just going around with whoever they want, The sister who was not that long ago in live with a guy, and the past stuff, Plus even after all the changes the drug stuff still makes me feel absolutely sick, It all just feels like there is not agency and everyone is just manipulating the MC, I honestly felt hate and disgust towards The mom and the sister honestly I did not want to let the mom in the room after I learn about the Drugging, and when we got to the sister and boy + the guilt tripping I realized that this is the game and even if the rest of the game is great from this point on it would always be tainted so I just stopped,

I am sure plenty of people do and love this game I wanted to because it looked so nice, But I know now that this will not be for me.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Jsd16

As if Ch. 2 P1
    Literally it is worst HS , I have ever player with lot of bugs , typos mistake and the story with drugging ( got changed ) but still is the worst . Mc acts like a horny person and his family drugs him so that they can enjoy sex with each other wtf really and they drugged him only once ( devs says so we have to believe him lol )and they say it is completely safe and headache is from the fall which they allowed while drugging him and they apologise and apparently he got mad for 2 days and back to his horny self and we have no option to avoid the family completely and the crap about population is a joke .
    CONS - Lame Story
    PROS - Nothing
    it is such a badly written story with drugs element so I review it 1 star .
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Sarkasmus

**UPDATED for CH1 Rewrite**

TL;DR:
    - Ch.1 Remake Bugfix
    - Risky but interesting Story
    - Original Character design
    - Honey Select standard Animations
    - Choices actually matter
    - Dev is VERY engaged and eager to create something people will like

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

First of all: I'm cautiously optimistic. The rewrite adressed A LOT of the issues most people had with this game and I actually quite like it now. The dev seems to be quite eager to make a "good" game.

But at the same time, I still remember that those changes only happened because of the overwhelmingly negative response, and the contents of those changes were almost entirely dictated by the given feedback.
    So to be fair, I have to admit: There is a chance that the next update will turn everything bad again. The next update will show, whether the Dev simply didn't expect players to get so much invested in this kind of game, or if he's simply bad at writing...

The story still kicks off with the MC getting drugged by his family, so they can have a lesbian orgy. This will not change, since it seems to be the introduction into the kind of world this is (matriarchal dystopia) and motivate the MC for his future path. From then on it's up to you to decide: Do you want to learn what is going on, abandon them, or do you just want to get back at them by corruption.

This game gives the players a whole lot of choices that actually influence the story. That alone makes me like it more, since there are sadly way too few actual VNs on here. But no matter what path I chose, they all felt "rewarding".

So as I wrote before, the next content patch will show where this is going. Right now, I can wholeheartedly recommend it.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

iron4doves

I would call this game a 2.5 star game. It's definitely heading towards the "average" slot in my book, so I've optimistically given it a 3 star. It doesn't do anything new beyond having a strange story (which I'm not entirely fond of) and everything else is... average. Which isn't anything bad, it's just also not anything exceptional. This game employs a lot of classic H game features, from the models to the way scenes are done (loop 1, loop 2, loop 3, climax image). Again, nothing wrong with that, but that is the definition of average, so: 3 stars.

The reason I'd call it a 2.5 star today is because there isn't a whole lot of content, and I'm not fond of the mini games. I just cheese through them as fast as I can anyways. The quiz ones are the worst, they just have so many damn questions (that are all ultimately rendered useless because I will 100% just save scum to not have to put any effort into them).

Anyways, it's fine. Try it. Just don't expect anything crazy good (or crazy bad).
  8. 5.00 star(s)

dogeatsdog

This game shows a lot of "promise." The storyline is unique and entertaining, with significant potential. The women graphic, video, and audio are enticing and sexy. And it always great to have a game where the women permanently outnumber the guys! Keep up the good work.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

6shadow6dragon6

Good game so far, the MC being drugged may bother quite a few people but otherwise this game has a lot of potential. It has good story decent animations. Hopefully the author can keep up the good work looking forward to seeing the next update.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

jaxman101

Animations are decent but the story is weird. Could go without the drugs take it from someone who has a past of alot of parties and has been slipped some things from friends as jokes (Yeah I needed better friends) you feel like complete shit before and after the drugs wear off like foggy gaps in memory and I think the MC handled and came to terms with that waaaaay too easily. That stuff can mess with your head especially with all the use it sounds like they used on him. The game has potential and the characters seem interesting enough personality wise.