VN Ren'Py The College Con [Dev Thread]

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Warning! This game is a long way from release if it ever gets that far. I'm really challenging myself as a programmer here. Don't expect regular updates since most stuff is probably too boring to share.
Feel free to offer ideas or constructive feedback. Some might make it into the game while other ideas might not for various reasons. (Even what I have written below is subject to change and might be overhauled a dozen times still).

This is not the story about how you met your girlfriend or how you became each others first.
This is also not the story about how that beautiful, sweet, innocent looking, angelic creature turned out to be a sex-demon in disguise. How the two of you extensively explored each others kinks, how you made her your loyal and willing slave or how you shared the bed with several of her friends.
No this is the story about how you built a prestigious college so you could have your own harem.

Due to reasons you inherited a large plot of land with a sizeable trust that would pay any tax on it pretty much in perpetuity. The only stipulation was that the lands main use has to be educational and everything that entails.
You had wanted to turn down the offer but as your girlfriend so eloquently put it: "What is a college other than an endless conveyer of young nubile pussy." So yeah... you didn't need much convincing after that.

Unfortunately once you're there things turn out a little differently. The plot is enormous but also overgrown with only one house in utter disrepair on it. ( You are not supposed to see the stars, in broad daylight in the attic...)The town, once a bustling sea-side tourist town is in decline and disrepair. Finally it's inhabitants are very conservative Christians.

You may have made a mistake...

Gameplay
You start of small with few funds. You build out your college. You'll buy businesses that bring in extra cash, prestige and help corrupt the town. You'll interact with the government and have to play lip service to the churches in town... at least until you drive them out of business.
This game will be very much management first VN second.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Inspiration
HHS+
90's management games
Tech trees
The palace building of the original Civilization game
The town building of the Colonization game.

Artwork
It will be the last thing added. Since lieutenants can be placed anywhere within their class it will be sprite based mostly.
I hope I can commission an artist to do 2D art due to the many variations needed. I do not know yet what style it will be though. Doing it in Daz is nearly impossible as I want upgrades and corruption to be reflected in the environment. I imagine it is quite technical and somewhat similar to working in the old animation studios where you had layers adding to each other for a final frame.

Roadmap
Tech demo: Basically click this button to see that number go up. No gameplay just a way for me to test different game mechanics on their own.
MVP: This will be more of a rough game where the base mechanics work.
Rough sketch: Little story but all the businesses, LT's, upgrades etc added but it isn't very balanced.
Balanced: Still little to no story but at least it seems to play in a balanced way.
Textual: Adding in more and more story.
Visual: Adding in the art.
Final product.
[/SPOILER]

When
No promises. Will take quite a while even for the Tech Demo.