RPGM - The Court Magician [v0.12.3] [Sin and Salvation Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

jazz154

I only played beta, but I am not convinced it will be a good game.

It has a lot of pointless things, like interacting with npcs (it does nothing), skill leveling (worst script ever, makes skills more expensive without making them any better), limited items, skills itself that do nothing and there is something off about few scenes that it had (I am talking ones with mask and slave mainly), it just felt... wrong, like mechanically wrong.

I think beta had like 6 scenes. 2 for slave/totem, 4 for duchess with 2 for each route. (no real sex with duchess, just some... massage I think?I don't really remember now, that's how forgettable it was).
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Onedge

I wanted to post a 5-star review because this dev has done enormous work for this game. I might disagree with its scope, and it's indeed too early to say where this will end, but the work being done is, indeed, there.

Also, ugly guy for MC is a refreshing take on adult games, as it's extremely rare to find that.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Juicy Blueberry

A very unique adult in both gameplay design as well as art style. The story set up in some fantasy medieval period, you play as an evil ugly fat court magician who try to enslave people. Even though there are a lot of decent BDSM game already on this site, none of them has successfully combined training as well corruption interface in a decent way. This game stands out because it has very pleasant 2D art style instead of cliche Das 3D model.

What's more I can tell is that the author really put effort in creating game UI. Instead of traditional RPGM game that barely shows any effort, I was surprised by this game's system design that perfectly match its setting.

Lastly, it's one of the few RPGM that support Mac OS. I have no problem running in on my M2 MacBook Air.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

fjwelfje

This is the best thing I've seen on here for a while. So much fun to be had playing a Gargamel - lookin' wizard. Can't wait to recharge my goblin energy in the maids. And court intrigue too. You can really get into being a little troll in this one.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Lanthanum

TL;DR: It's good for an early release and has a lot of room to grow.

It's pretty good for an early release, the plot is good enough, there really seems to be a lot of features in development, the fetishes are developed enough for a first release, I personally didn't find any major bugs or crashes, some minor annoyances but nothing beyond the expected at this stage in development, there is enough content to the game to be quite enjoyable already, however many things remain without an end.

The only significant criticism that isn't just "add more stuff" is the UI while talking to NPCs, the idea is good, and I have seen it work really well in other games however as it is now it is mostly a press here to bug the game.

I am pretty excited for future updates, and when (hopefully not if) this game is fleshed out more it may become one of the more feature deep games here.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Grime

Good potential, but there are lots of crashes and bugs.

The art is nice, and the concept is too. I think its kind of cute how the creator has this themed around "consential roleplay", where the characters kind of banter back and forth and sort of break the 4th wall.

Good idea, decent art, but needs to be refined more. I'm interested in this game's future at least.