RPGM - Completed - The Cursed Tower of Lust [Final] [totomel]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Dixiepig

Here in the adult game space, occasionally a game will have the ambition to include sexual content not just between the gameplay, but as part of the gameplay itself. The Cursed Tower of Lust lays out a clear and simple design for integrating sex with RPG combat. Other games have tried it, to varying degrees of success. This one is hardly the best of the bunch, but it has a number of interesting ideas.

One is that it solves the problem of the good ol' "Lose to See the Sex Scenes" gameplay. This game has it. BUT the game loop is about accumulating items and gold through repeated failed runs. Fleeing a fight will lose you half your gold. Losing the fight costs you nothing, and you get to see the enemy's sex scene. It works.

The game prominently displays character sprite to show off their state visually. It shows their sweat as HP decreases, blushing as lust increases, showing their torn armor, womb crests, bukakke, etc. Status effects are all fetish content, some visually represented on the sprite, some showing during gameplay, and some just affecting the stats. The result is a dynamic and responsive main character.

It's short, it's sweet, it's hot.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Arkady

This could actually be a good game... if the balance wasn't utter dogshit on a "if the developers had ever even devoted half a brain cell to noticing, they would have noticed" level.

Basically, you need to be insanely lucky to win on your first run mostly because the game does fuck all to explain how its dogshit balance systems work; once you've figured that out, by the third run or so, you pretty much need to be insanely stupid to not win.

At the dogshit balance in this case means the grind is pretty low, so if you like the art style, go have a look what you can find.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

AsuraWolf

I agree with the second review. I lost twice to the first boss before understanding how to play. After that, I didn't lose a single time on the other floors.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    I really can't call it a grind. It's also not too long but it has a load of scenes. That being said, most of it is variants of tentacle scenes. If that's not for you, don't download it. I also don't recommend trying a virgin path. I'm not even sure it's possible but it will make your life much harder. Finally, the statuses, while fun are better avoided than enjoyed, which is a bit sad, but if you don't mind redoing the floors a couple more times, they can be fun to play with.

Overall, I don't think this is everyone's cup of tea and I don't really see it being anyone's favorite game on the site, but it's good enough to make it to my playlist for my favorite games and games that I want to play again, at some point.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

godhan69

Let's make this short and sweet: Very run of the mill dungeon crawler jprg game with mediocre card play that is entirely rng based, The art is nice but you will be quite disappointed to find out that there are hardly any variations too the character bust to represent most of the status/effects you encounter via those skull cards, The only ones i noticed that actually change visually is the gag, erect nipples, the womb tattoo and futanari but not when clothed. The only real gameplay outside of the awful card and dice segments is the usual rpg turn based affair. Each room has a certain amount of turns and once you reach the end you fight a boss and progress to the next level.. I couldn't bring myself too actually complete the game because i got after awhile so bored of the repetitiveness and having to rely on a dice roll for everything does not work with a game like this, And if you were looking for scenes you will also be disappointed in the lack of variety especially when in concern for the traps.

As for the person below me there are cases where the game will force you to pick between something bad either it be a trap or a curse.

Gameplay: 2/5
    Art: 4/5
    Music:3/5
    Fun: 1/5

Final verdict: Do not bother this is not worth your time it's very short and there is not much to this game, There are far better dungeon crawler like rpg's out there on this site if you are looking for something similar to scratch that itch.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

AverageEnthusiast

Something of a rogue-like, it's extremely short and doesn't overstay its welcome.

Scenes are acquired generally through negative effects, so I would highly recommend just beating the game and then using that to see all the scenes. Most of the scenes are in there, but the endings do not have dialogue.

As expected from the Ero-Trap genre, there is very little actual sex, mostly consisting of sexual torture.

All in all, a fairly average game, I don't know what the first guy was on about, this shit was barely grindy, just don't pick the fucking bad options?
  6. 1.00 star(s)

4ung-4ang

I've made 4 attempts to beat the first boss and gave up because I got bored.

Basically, you go into a dungeon, roll the dice for every step you take until you reach the boss.

But it's all about extreme grind, RNG, and unbalanced progression. You get scenes basically every step, but they're either some tentacle traps, some parasites you are infected with, or some other weird fetish.

The problem is that you are constantly under some status or binding ability of an enemy, and as long as you don't hit the dice above a certain number, the same scene will be triggered over and over and over and over again. In boss fights, you need to roll at least a 7 out of 9, but because of status effects, your dice gets a malus. So what happens is that you just get stuck in a shuffle of the same animation until you are lucky or defeated.