UseAfterFree

May 26, 2021
I like this game, mostly as a promise of things to come. Right now it feels like a well crafted but minimal tech demo (two recruitable girls, a few short quests, an upgrade path, one minigame, and the basic gameplay loop), and all it needs to be a "real" game would be "more of the same" -- more girls, more quests, more upgrading, more minigames, more options/complexity in the loop (managing libido, health, messiness, &c). Oh, and it very much needs a money sink; I'm guessing that that's where the Slighty Cursed Emporium comes in.

As others have noted, an in-game exit option should be added -- expecting people to kill the game with Alt-F4 isn't part of the Windows culture. (And, yeah, it doesn't live up to its 0.9 version label -- but don't worry overmuch, there's a cultural aspect to versioning :cool: )

So, all in all, this is a promising game, and I'll add to my watchlist with wishes for it to grow into its full potential.

waugeyman

Jun 21, 2018
Initial thoughts:

Great premise, that alone has promise, but there are some foundational things that need to be put in immediately. There is no menu that is accessible while playing. You have to have a menu if for no other reason than to allow the user to quit. Second thing is there needs to be a tutorial or more dialog to explain what to do and how to do it. Nobody knows how to chop wood (which is a grind and sucks) nobody knows how to assign the girl(s) nobody knows how to talk to them or apply points. That needs to be explained. The girls only make like a handful of gold everyday which would take hundreds of days to pay for something like the dance floor at 700. That means the games becomes a click timer wood chopping simulator which is honestly stupid. I'd just as soon install an auto chop button for say 50/day or allow the player to try their luck to get more. Right now I spend most of my time clicking buttons to get to a mini game that is clicking a tree - not great especially when it switches to a new set of trees the timing is off and you end up screwing up your momentum.

all that criticism doesnt mean I hate the game. I just think it can be polished and be good.

Now my questions are how do I advance the story? Ive gotten beer and talked to alma, now everytime i talk to her or issa they say they are busy. what is the elf shopkeeper used for?

Reactions: driepinter

UseAfterFree

May 26, 2021
[...]

Now my questions are how do I advance the story? Ive gotten beer and talked to alma, now everytime i talk to her or issa they say they are busy. what is the elf shopkeeper used for?
Next update, we hope. But I do want Alma and Issa to have better random chatter than "Busy, busy, busy!"

By the way, does the beer quest have a proper starting point? I've always stumbled into it while exploring the town - but I do have this feeling that Alma is supposed to prompt me to talk to the brewer. Oh, and you can do the beer quest more than once if you like. I redid it because I misunderstood it to be a one-off shipment ("Talk to the brewer again to get beer again").

falconetti

May 27, 2024
Hey guys, so you'll probably scoop up the next update anyways so I'll post the changelog here:

Dear wankers! Dancing Inn 0.1 Lewdgendary is out!

You might ask yourself a few questions to which I'll do my best to provide well thought answers.

1. Why we're at 0.1 again? Weren't we at 0.9. - Yes! We did. Here's the thing, until now the game was in alpha stage which was absolutely not meant to leak outside (looking at you f95 members <3). Now with the basic functionalities ready we are entering beta stage hence the new nomenclature.

2. Why did this update took way longer than the others, we were accustomed to weekly updates! Well first off I was on vacation for a week to get the creative juices going. Secondly I wanted this to be a kind of a milestone so instead of adding one bigger thing to the game I've added a lot more.

3. Did you add the escape menu with close game button you dumb fuck? - Ok. That's rude, but maybe I deserve it. Yes you can exit the game normally now.

4. What are the plans for the next update and development? - I'd like to expand the operation a bit because right now I need to choose - for example a depravity event takes around 4-5 days, a gameplay feature the same. So I'm looking for an artist to stich the comics together and I think I've found one. If it pans out we'll have both a comic and a gameplay feature in weekly builds.

5. You mentioned Patreon tier changes, are they going to happen? - yes. They will. However all the benefits you acquired (access to the game/discord/custom generations) stay as they were. What's going to change is I'm going to create some higher level tiers to give something extra for support (like teaching people Stable Diffusion for example). I'll probably do it all tomorrow or day after.

Enough questions, now here's the changelog:

Content

Added depravity level to gold calculations

Added quit game button to options menu

Added options menu to main game scene

Added mess payout reduction (100% mess -> 50% of income)

Added bonus income if the inn is squeaky clean (20%)

Added options button to inn UI

Added mousewheel scroll zoom to comic strip UI

Added shop system

Added shop UI

Added item cards

Added Slightly Cursed Emporium shop

Added Shovel to Emporium

Added Eye Amulet to Emporium

Added Spyglass to Emporium

Added buy sound to the shop

Added not enough money sound to the shop

Added gold counter to shop