5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

2Q2see

Apr 1, 2020
I was just wondering if there will be a good/evil ending (or just multiple endings) or if there is only one kind of ending outside of what girl you date or how you have their relationship status with them. the game looks good either way I was just curious.

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
For a moment I thought the art might be AI generated(or atleast traced over AI-generated art) but then I saw the concept art banner on your patreon and the example animation you posted.
Is there a link to the artist's page anywhere?
I tried searching their name but uh... I get some pretty unhelpful results.
The artist is using a pen name.

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
I was just wondering if there will be a good/evil ending (or just multiple endings) or if there is only one kind of ending outside of what girl you date or how you have their relationship status with them. the game looks good either way I was just curious.
In the future I'd like to make it so you can choose whether to be friends, friends with benefits, bf/gf, etc. with a given character.
I don't think this game is going to have "evil" endings (e.g. prostitution). Actually I considered adding non-con (Rance level) a long time ago but I don't think I'm the right person for the job

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
You had linux, mac, & win and no Android... :KEK:
good game btw... pretty similar to that html sim where you controll the girls life.. i think it was degree of lewdity??
You're the 2nd person to ask for Android, perhaps I should increase the priority of adding mouse/tablet controls. (Actually I don't own an Android tablet lol.)

Xeikatsu

Dec 6, 2022
You're the 2nd person to ask for Android, perhaps I should increase the priority of adding mouse/tablet controls. (Actually I don't own an Android tablet lol.)
Yea.. i prefer Android... i have stock pile VN i nvr finish or forget on my laptop (i just DL vn and that someday I'm gonna finish it :KEK: )
i use my phone more frequently...watch anime while rolling in my bed.. and can play/read vn for 10 mins b4 goin back to aniyomi app:KEK:

Noah Neim

Nov 25, 2020
Alright this will be it for today, defintely cant make it to b10, b6 is a steep difficulty spike

Ran into another issue, i cant seem to complete Viola's quest line, since i wanted to finish the 4th floor i didnt leave the dungeon, this was after i triggered the camp scene, as a result of me staying she died (again, seriously, this girl isnt sturdy at all) and now she just isnt spawning in the morning at all

some advice i'd raise, the monsters really spawn randomly, especially the slimes, where tf do they come from? not sure what the mechanics are around there but monsters spawning basically around you isnt ideal especially when you dont expect it

The fire spitting plant seems to also turn invisible, is this that presence mechanic? I cant tell, im fairly close to it aswell so im not sure it should trigger, depending on how it works

Speaking of presence, on the player it doesnt really make a whole lot of changes, i didnt notice any difference at all in how many monsters noticed me

Now as for suggestions, the weapons clearly need some work, all of them dealing the same damage and only having "different" "skills" doesnt give you much reasson to change between shortsword and axe for exampe, i guess to actually imrpove this you'd need to somehow reconsider your skill system too, spinning attack being obviously the better attack but having utterly no cost or cooldown to it just leads it to being spammed, completely removing the need for the other 2 types which are basically the same thing in terms of results (though im guessing they take different code to work, it's not like they arent needed, so the fault isnt with them). Anyways, the axe should have a different skill, or the shortsword.

have no suggestions on tomes since i havent used them yet :KEK:
Th do i use the grass spawner for

Small graphical gripe, cobweb on sand is barely visible

No gripes with writing since not much has been seen yet, on the fence for now

That's pretty much it, anyways, pretty good show for your first release, hope you keep up the good work

ciphertul

Jun 20, 2018
Ran into another issue, i cant seem to complete Viola's quest line, since i wanted to finish the 4th floor i didnt leave the dungeon, this was after i triggered the camp scene, as a result of me staying she died (again, seriously, this girl isnt sturdy at all) and now she just isnt spawning in the morning at all
Kinda the same, I got to the camp had the event and she wouldn't let me leave so I kicked her out of the party and now she won't show up at the pub.

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
I apologize, this is a bug. I checked the code; it looks like if she dies after the camp scene, she won't show up again (you have to exit the dungeon w/ her) (by the way you can exit the dungeon by selecting "Exit the dungeon" from the abilities menu). I'll fix this in a patch version.

some advice i'd raise, the monsters really spawn randomly, especially the slimes, where tf do they come from? not sure what the mechanics are around there but monsters spawning basically around you isnt ideal especially when you dont expect it
The slime splits when damaged. Perhaps I can communicate this better with an animation.

The fire spitting plant seems to also turn invisible, is this that presence mechanic? I cant tell, im fairly close to it aswell so im not sure it should trigger, depending on how it works

Speaking of presence, on the player it doesnt really make a whole lot of changes, i didnt notice any difference at all in how many monsters noticed me
Yes, this is the presence mechanic. Monsters on tree/reed tiles can't be seen from >1 tile away.
I agree that the presence mechanic is not communicated well; perhaps I will remove it (and the grass-summoning tome) until I can come up with a better design

Now as for suggestions, the weapons clearly need some work, all of them dealing the same damage and only having "different" "skills" doesnt give you much reasson to change between shortsword and axe for exampe, i guess to actually imrpove this you'd need to somehow reconsider your skill system too, spinning attack being obviously the better attack but having utterly no cost or cooldown to it just leads it to being spammed, completely removing the need for the other 2 types which are basically the same thing in terms of results (though im guessing they take different code to work, it's not like they arent needed, so the fault isnt with them). Anyways, the axe should have a different skill, or the shortsword.
Thanks for the valuable feedback; I wlll see what I can do

Reactions: flannan

ciphertul

Jun 20, 2018
I apologize, this is a bug. I checked the code; it looks like if she dies after the camp scene, she won't show up again (you have to exit the dungeon w/ her) (by the way you can exit the dungeon by selecting "Exit the dungeon" from the abilities menu). I'll fix this in a patch version.
I tried this and she wouldn't let me leave so that didn't work.

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
I tried this and she wouldn't let me leave so that didn't work.
After the camp scene, you have to exit the dungeon and select "Yes, thanks for the help. (Remove Viola from the party; exit.)" to trigger the next scene.
I agree this is super non-intuitive (and more-or-less a bug); will fix in the next patch version.

ciphertul

Jun 20, 2018
After the camp scene, you have to exit the dungeon and select "Yes, thanks for the help. (Remove Viola from the party; exit.)" to trigger the next scene.
I agree this is super non-intuitive (and more-or-less a bug); will fix in the next patch version.
So then if you remove her from the party manually her line is permanently broken? Really sounds like you're making this game require a guide or you'll be locked out of everything.

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
So then if you remove her from the party manually her line is permanently broken? Really sounds like you're making this game require a guide or you'll be locked out of everything.
Ugh, that's right (same bug)
I'll fix this in the next patch version
But in the long term, I will change it so it's easier to progress the character stories, e.g.
* Make Viola available in the bar from the beginning
* Make it so the sex scene becomes available after seeing x events instead of specific events in a specific order

Thanks for the feedback

Reactions: flannan

ciphertul

Jun 20, 2018
Ugh, that's right (same bug)
I'll fix this in the next patch version
But in the long term, I will change it so it's easier to progress the character stories, e.g.
* Make Viola available in the bar from the beginning
* Make it so the sex scene becomes available after seeing x events instead of specific events in a specific order

Thanks for the feedback
Now this is just me typing out loud but I feel sex comes to easily for a game tagged "Dating Sim".

Aug 5, 2017
This game is sick so ill throw in my two cents:
The single most frustrating thing im having is the suicidal party members. (ex. they run into a huge group of enemies that you cant even see and just die. or you see them and follow them in to keep them alive but then they run EVEN DEEPER like this is a FPS game and well... die) I can kinda keep up with them for the most part, but it would be appriciated if there were more options to their combat styles than on or off maybe give us the option to set surfaces they can walk on, so they dont go underwater and die. Personally tho i feel like they should only be able to go within x tiles of the player it would fit narritively as you are a team.

Combat is pretty cool but the shortsword is a bit too good when you are solo, fast swings, a lunge that i never use and the spin attack. I really appriciate that there is team damage tho as otherwise why wouldnt i just spam spin. The hammer having a long swing time seems interesting but i just find that to not be fun and it makes me take more damage than i otherwise would (also tends to get teammates killed) havent tried other weapons yet tho so maybe there is one better than the shortsword poison is too much better than the other enhancements that ive found, considering how much trolls heal its kinda manditory. Plate armor is pretty manditory from what i can tell, as i cant quite figure out what recharge does. On the topic of gear tho, it would be nice if there were more options to level it rather than the rare enhance scrolls, or even a shop to buy it from as money is pretty useless atm.

Edit: just remembered a bug i found, if you give viola a new armor lets say a plate +1 she will repeatedly swap between that and her old armor i got it to stop somehow but i dont know how i did it.

Those are the main issues i see with the game in its current state that arent just me saying it doesnt have enough content, always had a soft spot for this style of game so im looking forward to seeing what is added in the future!

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes