5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Xorrak

May 25, 2020
Hi are you on 0.6.6 or 0.6.9?
I tried to improve the companion ai in 0.6.9
The latest version. I tried to help Pila find her flower, but she just sprints off and attacks. I tried to be extra careful too.
Same with the warrior woman.

whatwouldgokudo

May 25, 2024
The latest version. I tried to help Pila find her flower, but she just sprints off and attacks. I tried to be extra careful too.
Same with the warrior woman.
Change their combat settings to stay or don't attack.
On stay they will stay in one place on the map and only move to attack enemies that come near them.
On don't attack they'll just follow you instead of making a suicide rush.

Kod2222

Oct 26, 2023
and
Thanks for the feedback!
I plan to add more characters and sex scenes but the art and writing takes time
Can you send a screenshot of the "dialogue action box"?
this thing
I don't know what's called that's why I called it the dialogue action box (i know i wrong pls correct me)

GobboGal

Feb 17, 2018
So far the upgrade that I would recomend the most is "I often got beat up after school", the one that gives you 10% resistance to damage

Sounds like the most versatile, you can change you playstyle at any moment and still get the benefit of the perk.

ItsDaBoy22

Aug 24, 2022
Ok i cant wait for more its a great start. Love the characters and the art The only thing is i wish there was something more to make sure followers can survive longer.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ayumu98

Xorrak

May 25, 2020
Change their combat settings to stay or don't attack.
On stay they will stay in one place on the map and only move to attack enemies that come near them.
On don't attack they'll just follow you instead of making a suicide rush.
that would certainly help

GobboGal

Feb 17, 2018
Is there a way to set hotkeys? I'd like to be able to define something on the keyboard or the screen to instantly change stuff like npcs behaviors or read books.

Bobveela

Jul 11, 2017
Is there a way to set hotkeys? I'd like to be able to define something on the keyboard or the screen to instantly change stuff like npcs behaviors or read books.
Not yet dev did say he wanted to do something for spells/books specifically

Also found a minor bug. If a companion is on an item in a treasure room when you take a different item they will be stuck there for the floor.

Also just a personal request I'd like the old AI setting to still be available, with spin attack being an option for the AI if you gear it properly I think it would handle itself well. Current one is great at survival for companion so I'd say a huge plus for the new options. Overall I noticed the AI likes to spam spin attack a lot which it will try to do even with low follow range which causes a lot of wasted movement for the AI.

Last edited:

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
Also found a minor bug. If a companion is on an item in a treasure room when you take a different item they will be stuck there for the floor.
I plan to address this; in the meantime you can put the item back down to remove the glass walls
Also just a personal request I'd like the old AI setting to still be available, with spin attack being an option for the AI if you gear it properly I think it would handle itself well.
I will re-add
Overall I noticed the AI likes to spam spin attack a lot which it will try to do even with low follow range which causes a lot of wasted movement for the AI.
Ah thanks for noticing this
Right now the AI positions itself to do spin attacks that do as much total damage as possible but I think this is wrong because it's bad to be surrounded. I'll change it so the AI more or less behaves as if it didn't have a spin attack but uses it if it makes sense to do so (which is how a human player might use it against strong enemies)

Reactions: Bobveela

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
Just finished my playthrough on this, and honestly, this has quickly become one of my favorite games in a long time. In a sea of AI releases and HS2/DAZ model VNs this kind of game really stood out to be. The art is also really good.

The only thing that took me a while to work around was that I didn't feel like I could see a very straighforward method to be stronger and progress. Past B7, all I could do was burn through items to survive. I guess that is the design and part of the grind/crawl style, but I found it hard to make my character stronger.

Aside from that? It was all great for the scope of the game. I enjoyed the combat, the art, the characters and the progression.

• Wow
Reactions: ayumu98

jardin295312

Aug 16, 2019
This game has amazing potential. The writing's way above average here, the art is pretty, and I love roguelikes.

I wish key repeat was slower or configurable. Too often I press a key for slightly too long and make multiple inputs, which could get you killed in a roguelike (although you seem to not die in this game thankfully).

I wish there was a modifier key to wind up the hammer attack instead of moving. You can do it by going into the options menu, but...

I wish rest wasn't bound to numberpad 5 in vikeys mode. I use vikeys because I don't HAVE a numberpad. I do have autohotkey but I shouldn't have to use it to rebind keys.

I would like to issue a general caution that followers are often irritating to play with in authentic roguelikes. You need followers to make smart decisions because the combat is challenging, but the AI usually can't do it. And micromanaging followers is annoying or totally untenable because the finely detailed positioning and very short turns mean you have to intervene far too often. I'm not saying it can't be done better, but it requires a lot of thought and care and maybe some unconventional innovations to be good; so far the game hasn't really proven me wrong and followers are mostly tolerable because the game is easier than other roguelikes. In a non-gameplay sense I love the idea of dungeon diving with companions and bonding with tem, but the mechanics must not make it a chore to do so.

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
I wish key repeat was slower or configurable. Too often I press a key for slightly too long and make multiple inputs, which could get you killed in a roguelike (although you seem to not die in this game thankfully).

I wish there was a modifier key to wind up the hammer attack instead of moving. You can do it by going into the options menu, but...

I wish rest wasn't bound to numberpad 5 in vikeys mode. I use vikeys because I don't HAVE a numberpad. I do have autohotkey but I shouldn't have to use it to rebind keys.

I would like to issue a general caution that followers are often irritating to play with in authentic roguelikes. You need followers to make smart decisions because the combat is challenging, but the AI usually can't do it. And micromanaging followers is annoying or totally untenable because the finely detailed positioning and very short turns mean you have to intervene far too often. I'm not saying it can't be done better, but it requires a lot of thought and care and maybe some unconventional innovations to be good; so far the game hasn't really proven me wrong and followers are mostly tolerable because the game is easier than other roguelikes. In a non-gameplay sense I love the idea of dungeon diving with companions and bonding with tem, but the mechanics must not make it a chore to do so.
Thanks for the feedback; I have noted all of it.

Rest SHOULD be [space] in vikeys, thanks for catching that bug.
And perhaps it's not communicated well but you can select "Vi-like Controls" to set most of the controls and then use "Custom Controls" to change the keybinding for Rest.

I agree that it's hard to make followers that aren't short-term summons work
Honestly I had some moments of existential angst where I felt like the game was fundamentally doomed bc of this issue
However at this point I'm in too deep lol so I will just do the best that I can.
So far what I've done is:
* implemented a pathfinder class which reuses data from previous calculations so it a monster can calculate 10+ paths per turn (e.g. a spear user needs to calculate paths to all locations from which it can hit a monster w/ a spear)
* implemented the "danger squares", which companions and human enemies consider when pathfinding (allows companions to avoid fireballs, etc.)
* thanks to f95 feedback implemented a "move as a group" ai which is less suicidal
I hope I can find more improvements / adjustments over time which make the companion ai more tolerable, perhaps even fun
Let me know if you have any ideas.

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
Released 0.6.11

Started to address low hanging fruit in recent feedback. Still have a lot more to go.

• Added a gallery where you can see sex scenes you've seen before. It's in the game menu.
  • Change how monster ai (which includes companion ai) values spin attack. Before, it considered total expected damage. Now, it considers max damage to one target plus a minor bonus for additional targets. This prevents companions from becoming surrounded to setup high damage spin attacks, which is reckless.
  • Re-added the default orders, which is now named "Attack"
  • Re-added "Do Not Attack" orders
  • Changed "Stay" orders so the companion keeps within a 2 tile radius from their position.
  • Added tomes, potions, and enchantment scrolls to the town shop.
  • Changed tome descriptions to be easier to understand, e.g.
    • "It has 2/4 charges (125/200 CP)" -> "It has 2.5/4 charges and gains 0.02 charges / turn"
    • "Charges the user's items by CP equal to 25% of damage dealt" -> "Charges the user's items as if x turns have passed, where x is 25% of damage dealt"
  • Changed the price of tome of burgeoning from 72 -> 20
  • Changed level generation logic so levels have a "border", e.g. levels 1-3 have a dirt wall border.
  • Made minor aesthetic changes to wood floor and countertop sprites
  • Made the page number in menus white to make it more noticeable
  • Fixed a typo in one of Torne's conversations.
  • Fixed "Vi-like controls": Before, Rest was registered to numpad 5. Now, it's registered to spacebar.
  • Added $10+ patrons to the credits.

Last edited:

Bobveela

Jul 11, 2017
AI feels pretty good now.

Floors 8-10 AI does not have spike detection so they will just walk through those tiles.

Very minor notes:
AI sometimes loses track of you when so far away. I'm unaware if this is due to walls or actual vision.
AI does not attack when it can one shot an enemy sometimes and backs off.
Companion does not save behaviors and resets on next party invite.

I also noticed the gameplay in general feels better and scrolls of enchantment added to main shop I think is nice since they were pretty inaccessable unless you ran into dungeon merchant or got lucky. One thing that isn't really a problem depending on how you want to balance but one key is worth 2 scrolls and potion rooms which cost a key to open have very low value in comparison to others.

Merchant in town sells +0 tomes which have 0 charges (may be intentional?) +0 having 1 charge then each + giving another seems more intuitive or the merchant selling +1s.

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
Thanks for the detailed feedback, it's extremely valuable.
Floors 8-10 AI does not have spike detection so they will just walk through those tiles.
Thanks, will fix.

AI sometimes loses track of you when so far away. I'm unaware if this is due to walls or actual vision.
Thanks, will look into this. I think this is because the the pathfinder has a hardcoded max path length
AI does not attack when it can one shot an enemy sometimes and backs off.
Ah interesting yeah the AI doesn't consider that it can remove "danger tiles" by removing enemies, will think about this one
Companion does not save behaviors and resets on next party invite.
Thanks for finding this papercut
One thing that isn't really a problem depending on how you want to balance but one key is worth 2 scrolls and potion rooms which cost a key to open have very low value in comparison to others.
Thanks for noticing this, balance stuff is hard to detect. Scrolls of enchantment should cost more. And perhaps potion rooms should be unlocked
Merchant in town sells +0 tomes which have 0 charges (may be intentional?) +0 having 1 charge then each + giving another seems more intuitive or the merchant selling +1s.
This is a mistake, the merchant should sell +1 tomes, thanks.

Reactions: misterup

Bobveela

Jul 11, 2017
Hi can you share screenshots of the key bindings? So I can reproduce the issue
I've been able to reproduce this changing any key input. From what I see something similar to companion behavior is happening and controls reset to the last selected control mode aside from custom changing the custom controls to the same keybinds every launch.

Edit: If last selected was Mystery before Custom, Mystery will be selected on relaunch and change custom keybinds
If VI was last selected before Custom, VI will be selected on relaunch and change custom keybinds, etc

It's also worth noting that keys can share a keybind currently
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nalsuloth
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes