5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
I've been able to reproduce this changing any key input. From what I see something similar to companion behavior is happening and controls reset to the last selected control mode aside from custom changing the custom controls to the same keybinds every launch.

Edit: If last selected was Mystery before Custom, Mystery will be selected on relaunch and change custom keybinds
If VI was last selected before Custom, VI will be selected on relaunch and change custom keybinds, etc

It's also worth noting that keys can share a keybind currently
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks, I'll look into this.

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
Released 0.6.13

Continued addressing low hanging fruit in recent feedback. Still have a lot more to go.

v0.6.13
* Key repeat delay and key repeat are configurable.
* Orders don't get reset when re-adding companions to your party
* Enchantment level of tomes in the town shop have been changed from 0->1
* Custom keybindings don't get reset when restarting the game
* Binding an action to the same key is disallowed
* You can't talk to Nanako after she becomes hostile
* Monsters path around spikes more
* Prices of enchantment scrolls/enchant weapon scrolls/enchant armor scrolls/keys have been adjusted
* "Presence" has been renamed to "presence radius"
* The base presence radius that trees/reeds grant has been changed from 1->3
* The dagger grants -2 to presence radius.
* The troll's hp has been changed from 150->100
* The fire drake's hp has been changed from 150->100

Last edited:

Bobveela

Jul 11, 2017
Spikes seem to still seems to be an issue floors 8-10. This seems to be related to player movement as when I rest Viola won't run into spikes when fighting.

Edit: I think I more or less narrowed down what's causing it. the AI tries to stay close to you but can't so it chooses the one tile where it can even if it's a spike. The reason I think this happens frequently is the player takes up 2 spots per round of movement (where they were and where they move). This makes the most sense to me as the AI would deem the only movement to stay close would be down.

Edit 2: So after even more testing this only happens when Viola is on your right and moving up or down she will walk into spikes. So it is actually a weird AI thing it seems.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: ayumu98

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
Spikes seem to still seems to be an issue floors 8-10. This seems to be related to player movement as when I rest Viola won't run into spikes when fighting.

Edit: I think I more or less narrowed down what's causing it. the AI tries to stay close to you but can't so it chooses the one tile where it can even if it's a spike. The reason I think this happens frequently is the player takes up 2 spots per round of movement (where they were and where they move). This makes the most sense to me as the AI would deem the only movement to stay close would be down.

Edit 2: So after even more testing this only happens when Viola is on your right and moving up or down she will walk into spikes. So it is actually a weird AI thing it seems.
Thanks for the thorough testing. I'll take a look
edit: found the bug

Last edited:

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
v0.6.14
* Added "Exit To Title" to Game menu
* Paila returns given items at the end of her route.
* In item vaults, if a glass wall would be put where a monster is, the monster gets moved off the tile beforehand.
* Added reminder text about keybindings to Move and Rest's descriptions
* Added hotkey system: Read (tome), slow melee attack (hammer), spin attack, and slow spin attack abilities get auto-registered to available hotkeys (and are unregistered upon losing the abilities); hotkeys can be manually registered in a hotkey menu.
* Fixed bug where companion ai doesn't avoid spikes/webs in some situations
* Make the initial cursor position for direction abilities (e.g, most attack abilities) better (e.g pointed at monsters)
* Paila starts with "Move as a group (radius 1)" orders.

edit:
v0.6.15
* v0.6.14 broke orders; fixed them.

Last edited:

Bobveela

Jul 11, 2017
Companion sometimes gets stuck going left and right over and over again. Unsure of what causes this, I've had Viola do this on enemies and on the entrance of b4. however if I walk back to her she fixes. I think it may have to do with how the AI decides to engage the enemy. It only does this on Attack so you could probably do a simple solution like add a 7 follow radius for attack.

Current companion is very good at avoiding spikes which is nice. Will still run into them when moving diagonal with a wall in the way but this is extremely rare. If you can prevent spikes from spawning in a 1 radius of the entrance/exit you could make this bug practically nonexistent.

Last edited:

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024
Companion sometimes gets stuck going left and right over and over again. Unsure of what causes this, I've had Viola do this on enemies and on the entrance of b4. however if I walk back to her she fixes. I think it may have to do with how the AI decides to engage the enemy. It only does this on Attack so you could probably do a simple solution like add a 7 follow radius for attack.

Current companion is very good at avoiding spikes which is nice. Will still run into them when moving diagonal with a wall in the way but this is extremely rare. If you can prevent spikes from spawning in a 1 radius of the entrance/exit you could make this bug practically nonexistent.
Thanks so much for the feedback; getting the companion behavior decent is def one of the main challenges of this game.
Will look into it

Nakna

Sep 6, 2017
Great game, just interesting/progression-based enough to not be tedious but still unlock that bit of dopamine that tells my brain I earned the right to slam these sows. Scratching that primal itch, 10/10, thank you.
Great art too.

Last edited:

Destroy08xx

Aug 18, 2024
So far the upgrade that I would recomend the most is "I often got beat up after school", the one that gives you 10% resistance to damage

Sounds like the most versatile, you can change you playstyle at any moment and still get the benefit of the perk.
Your profile picture, where is it from?

Sep 25, 2022
Thoroughly enjoyed what you realised so far. The gameplay is fun and the art is great. I love all the shortstack girls with big boobs, would love to see more characters just like that in general. I hope to see more content with Paila she is a cute character.

lofty peaks

Dec 23, 2019
There is a level of presence reduction that lets you hide in a bush and attack without retaliation infinitely. It's not even that high; a cloak+1 and two rings of shadow+1 did it for me. Combined with a tome of cultivation you're genuinely invulnerable.

That said, how was everyone else getting through the dungeon? The difficulty jump after D5 was a little absurd; no enemies prior to D5 were able to hold up to two hits from a halberd+0 so their damage was irrelevant since they died before they could apply it. Meanwhile, not only do trolls and bears just outfight you, enemies generally gain ways to hurt you outside of range 1 on top of floor layout becoming more advantageous for them. I couldn't imagine playing through it without bush cheese; I only took 3 trips to reach D10 though. Does grinding for enchant scrolls equalize things?

Finally, tomes of conjuration are bad. They have a charge rate of 0.01/level like you're scared of them being too good, but phantom swords just funnel in and get popped before doing anything. At least make tomes summon a phantom sword per level; that way I could clog up a corridor or distract an enemy while I run away.

Bobveela

Jul 11, 2017
There is a level of presence reduction that lets you hide in a bush and attack without retaliation infinitely. It's not even that high; a cloak+1 and two rings of shadow+1 did it for me. Combined with a tome of cultivation you're genuinely invulnerable.

That said, how was everyone else getting through the dungeon? The difficulty jump after D5 was a little absurd; no enemies prior to D5 were able to hold up to two hits from a halberd+0 so their damage was irrelevant since they died before they could apply it. Meanwhile, not only do trolls and bears just outfight you, enemies generally gain ways to hurt you outside of range 1 on top of floor layout becoming more advantageous for them. I couldn't imagine playing through it without bush cheese; I only took 3 trips to reach D10 though. Does grinding for enchant scrolls equalize things?

Finally, tomes of conjuration are bad. They have a charge rate of 0.01/level like you're scared of them being too good, but phantom swords just funnel in and get popped before doing anything. At least make tomes summon a phantom sword per level; that way I could clog up a corridor or distract an enemy while I run away.
I didn't really run into issues till floor 7 cuz the trolls are trucks. By floor 5 though I already had devouring on my halberd and it was +2. I eventually just maxed a halberd of devouring to +5 and plate of rage to +5 with rings of force and it made the journey much easier.

Reactions: lofty peaks

ayumu98

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2024

Hi thanks for the valuable feedback; I plan to re-think the stealth system, try to make the difficulty between the island and forest regions more gradual, and re-think the tome of conjuration (I think your suggestion to make it summon a sword per level makes the most sense). The 1st and 2nd will take some time; the 3rd I should be able to adjust in the next update

(Lately I've been trying to write more scenes)

Last edited:
Reactions: lofty peaks

AVPJummer

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
Tried it and was really fun. Artworks and characters look great too. The only feedback i'd have is that currently the enemies seem more like a necessary annoyance, as they dont seem to drop loot or give exp, so there's no real incentive to killing them. Also that becoming stronger seems to be only possible through either sheer luck of finding better items(which i didnt have) or jsut grab all the stuff you can and sell them to buy scrolls to strengthen your weapon/armor. A leveling system would work well for that, imo.
Anyways, keep up the great work!

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes