Others Completed The Demon's Stele & The Dog Princess [v1.07] [HappyLambBarn]

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
Testing it on a Core i3 with no dedicated GPU, it chugs along at 12 fps but it's working fine otherwise.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Stable 60 with highest graphic settings... lovely after having the old flash version fluctuate between 20-50 fps due to limitations.
goddamn though, it's a shame it's basically just flashes free mode with extra bits and bobs, although changing the colours of clothes is pretty nice.
Anal (urgh... I know people wanted it but still...) seems to be a bit off, but it seems they more or less went the LL route in that regard, just needs to be fine-tuned.
Day/night settings do add a nice touch, and considering the co-hab plans, it does imply some form of time passing will occur during the co-hab part of the remake (apparently actually planned, and it's apparently a continuation of best ending too!)
the English is pretty stilted, not surprising considering this is just a demo/alpha.

Anyone else notice that HLB is concerned about Piracy? >.>
(because of the whole Credit card issues have had a negative impact...)

Untitled.jpg

(My PC stats, because I see people saying low FPS)
I7-5820K (3.30 Ghz, 6 cores)
RAM : 32GB 2133Mhz
SSD (install location, not C: drive) : Samsung 870 EVO 4TB
GPU : EVGA 3070 Ti FTW3

Last edited:
Reactions: torresm

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
What's this credit card trouble all about anyway? I guess dlsite isn't the only place affected.
DLsite/DMM/Ci-en/Fantia/Pixiv have been hit with the big ol' B& hammer by credit card companies (because of supposed puritan reasons I'm sure)

think along the lines of patreon's "lol no, because we said so" content restrictions and you get an idea of what's happening.

JakeTapper

May 17, 2020
Seems like it relies heavily on a dedicated GPU. My desktop with an RTX4090 handles it fine pegged at 60fps but only 4fps on laptop. This seems unusual for 2d Unity games.

Uzur123

Jan 23, 2020
Guess we need to wait for a fix of some sort
If somebody knows why the game gets stuck at loading screen i would be very grateful for solution
I encountered this problem myself.

Solution:

For correct operation, you need to set the "date format" in the Operating System to Japanese (YYYY/MM/DD)

Settings for Windows 10 are located "along the path": Settings > Time and language > Region > Region format > Current format (select the desired one)

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
DLsite/DMM/Ci-en/Fantia/Pixiv have been hit with the big ol' B& hammer by credit card companies (because of supposed puritan reasons I'm sure)

think along the lines of patreon's "lol no, because we said so" content restrictions and you get an idea of what's happening.
The funny thing to me is Dlsite changed a bunch of their content tags just a few months ago to comply with said content restrictions in the first place. There's no "loli" tag anymore, you'll find euphemisms like petite/age difference/tiny breasts etc instead. Rape became dub-con (dubious consent), mesugaki is MSGK, incest is relative matter (fuckin' lol), and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

All of that for the CC companies to go "how about I block you anyway?"

JakeTapper

May 17, 2020
So I did a little digging into the code to see if I could fully disable the mosaic censoring and I've found that for the version we have it seems impossible. If you know what you're doing with dnspy you can add this line here in Assembly-CSharp.dll and not need to use the DumbRenderMosaic.dll for removing at least part of the censorship:

1717705481554.png

That said, it seems they are using 2 mosaics. This disables the first but there's a 2nd that is baked into the textures. I believe HLB released 2 versions of the game so we may need the other version??

I also tried digging around to see if I could trick it to give access to other scenes or options and uh:
1717706690139.png

There was a few other small things I discovered but I kinda feel bad leaking it so will just leave it at the above image. And if I try to load the doggy or bj scenes the screen goes black so those assets may have been stripped from this build.

RaioGelato

Dec 26, 2022
Oh i didnt set my date type to japanese because the game was launching, it was just super bugged and had screen tearing, but then after trying to change format it fixed everything, it fixed the sprites and also the sensitivity of the princess, she was orgasming suuuper fast, like in 2 seconds max

Reactions: zdzxcx

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
So I did a little digging into the code to see if I could fully disable the mosaic censoring and I've found that for the version we have it seems impossible. If you know what you're doing with dnspy you can add this line here in Assembly-CSharp.dll and not need to use the DumbRenderMosaic.dll for removing at least part of the censorship:

View attachment 3711564

That said, it seems they are using 2 mosaics. This disables the first but there's a 2nd that is baked into the textures. I believe HLB released 2 versions of the game so we may need the other version??

I also tried digging around to see if I could trick it to give access to other scenes or options and uh:
View attachment 3711618

There was a few other small things I discovered but I kinda feel bad leaking it so will just leave it at the above image. And if I try to load the doggy or bj scenes the screen goes black so those assets may have been stripped from this build.
you are aware that HLB released 2 versions of this alpha/demo?
Normal and Original
I am assuming the Original version is just the dev ver, like LL and the flash version of dog princess, has no mosaics.

seifukulover

Jan 18, 2024
The funny thing to me is Dlsite changed a bunch of their content tags just a few months ago to comply with said content restrictions in the first place. There's no "loli" tag anymore, you'll find euphemisms like petite/age difference/tiny breasts etc instead. Rape became dub-con (dubious consent), mesugaki is MSGK, incest is relative matter (fuckin' lol), and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

All of that for the CC companies to go "how about I block you anyway?"
I just wonder what prompted these changes to begin with. Why can't we search for these tags now when they were fine before?

And don't the credit card companies make more money when they deal with more businesses? You'd think that the bottom line would always be more important than their supposed moral purity.

Reactions: torresm

zdzxcx

Jul 10, 2021
With all of these changes to scenario and story, I still hope the collar plays a role, that was a subtle but definitely my favorite element of the original game.

Reactions: Le Happr

ExtremeBandita

Jun 20, 2021
Running good on Ryzen 5 4500 with RX 6700 (10 GB)
55-60 FPS in 4K res.

Also stuck on loading screen and fixed it by changing time zone format to Japan. No the actual time but just the format.

Netox

Jul 27, 2020
any other solution to the 7 fps issue? changing the region format does not work for me.

zdzxcx

Jul 10, 2021

View attachment 3711564

View attachment 3711618

Was there any info in the leak regarding the second character they teased?

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes