RPGM - Completed - The Disgusting Man and the Grimoire, All in One Town [Final] [SHIBAHU Cement]

1. 2.00 star(s)

spacezombie

The game is pretty short but it felt like it was way too long, even though I finished in about 2 hours.

The art style is pretty much the best thing it is unique but not perfect because the girls look very similar in my opinion.

The music was okay but I got tired of it.

The gameplay with collecting items, finding girls, speaking with the book feels very dull.

The sex scenes are too long and the dialogue feels very repetitive in each scene.

I was just bored most of the time but if you like the art style or just want a game where a ugly fat man makes women his slaves try it it isn´t long.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

crug

In this game you play as a filthy and perverted old man known as The Great One, living in a town full of beautiful women. At first you can only drool over these girls from afar, given all of them are too disgusted or afraid of the gross old man to even approach you. The Great One thinks of all kinds of dirty fantasies involving these bitches in his head but knows at the end of the day someone like him has no chance of playing them out in real life. That is until one day he begins working with an evil magic book known as the Grimoire, who gives him the power to rape and slowly corrupt the towns women into his sex slaves without getting in trouble.

The gameplay in this game is simple and extremely repetitive. The Grimoire requires The Great One to collect different ingredients from around town in order to create "Cursed Tools', powerful magic devices that can do things like corrupt women's common sense and control their bodies against their will. In order to find these tools, The Great One must either stumble upon them around town or ask the fortune teller for hints in the evening. Aside from that you'll also have to explore town to do things like find your next victims and discover their full names (the Grimoire needs this information in order to create a cursed tool for them). The gameplay is pretty boring and can get tedious but thankfully there isn't much of it so it doesn't really get in the way of the sex scenes.

Speaking of the sex scenes, this game has about 2 of them for each woman you'll be turning into a fucktoy. The scenes are decently long but the game is still overall quite short and a bit lacking in my opinion. If you're looking for an eroge that will last you several nights this probably isn't the game for you. As for the scenes themselves, I have mixed feelings.

The art is pretty good but nothing outstanding. All the women's faces basically look the exact same which is kind of uncanny. And with the exception of the MILF neighbors daughter every girls body type was mostly the same as well. Almost all the text in the sex scenes is dialogue, with no inner thoughts from either the old man or the women hes having sex with, which definitely left something to be desired. Another issue, most of the scenes, despite the wildly different scenarios caused by the cursed tools, play out similarly, especially with the tit pulling and the repeated creampie sex. It was exciting the first few times but the more it happened the less interested I became, near the end of the game I was skipping a lot of dialogue with the W key. As you can see the biggest problem with this game is just how receptive it gets, which is extra disappointing and confusing given how short the game is.

That being said there were some scenes that stood out above the rest. I loved every scene with Eve, some kind of warrior sent out to protect the women of the world from The Great One and his newfound evil power, who of course just becomes another cumdump for the old man to make babies with in the end. I also liked the scenes with the mother giving up her own daughters pussy to The Great One. But still it doesn't make up for how repetitive some of the other scenes can get.

The only thing left to discuss now is the sound of the game, which I think feels incomplete. Sounds are only present in the sex scenes when something important happens, like a cumshot or tit pulling. Besides that the only reoccurring sound is that of the old mans hips slapping against his sluts asses. No moaning from the girls or anything like that, which leaves the scenes feeling kind of empty. There also isn't any music or ambiance anywhere in the game outside of short jingles. I feel like just a few more sound effects could have made this game more lively, but oh well.

I know I've spent most of this review complaining but if your a fan of ugly bastard, corruption, and mind control I would still recommend this game to you. It certainly could be better but regardless I think it's hot as fuck and I don't consider my time spent with it wasted.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Etranor

over all the art is fine and there's enough scenes for each character. progression is simple and easy to follow so you shouldn't get lost unless you're skipping every message and even then you shouldn't get lost. if youre into dirty bastard than this is game you should check out.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

fadeadhorse

Really not that great of a game. There are five girls and you follow the same path with all of them. You collect two pieces of junk for a girl, then get an hscene. Speaking of the hscenes, they're all pretty similar. And they all have this weird breast pulling thing wear the boob stretches like a rubber band.

Really would just not recommend this. You can find better games to play.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

MezzaPez

Honestly its actually a pretty good game. The art in h-scenes are really good. I think the story while its not long or "interesting" I think that its not a bad story and it does it well.

I did feel like the game was pretty short though. You can finish it really fast I think there is a total of maybe 15 h-scenes of good quality.

No useless combat (thank god).
    No useless space (thank god).

Finding the characters you need to talk to is pretty straight forward and there is even an NPC to help you if you can't find something. I didn't ever need him but he is there if you do need him.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

ciaoGintoki

The artstyle is super awesome! The game is pretty straight forward and wished we had an option to turn on or off the virgin blood, but its ok tho. The one thing i don't like is the bgm they used. I like the friendship between grimoire and the fat mc that they need each other to achieve their goals. Overall its an awesome game and i wish we can get a Sequel to it with more content and story. Thank you again for sharing!
  7. 2.00 star(s)

toak

Short game with almost no variance. Each girl's path is nearly identical. Even the art is nearly identical.

Story 2/10

Straightforward story. An unsealed book from the past gives you magical powers to let you rape women. But of course you need to collect random tidbits of garbage to make these magical rape tools.

Halfway through the game a descent of the ones who sealed the magical book comes and tries to kill you. Of course you rape her too.

Why is the rating so bad? It's just bad. The game is short. There's almost no story.

Gameplay 1/10

It's not exactly a hallway simulator, but this game is very much akin to a kinetic novel. Your free moment is almost exclusively to walk all the small map and pick up garbage. Literally garbage.

The writer's self-aware of this, the MC often notes that he's picking up garbage.

Art 5/10

Art's alright. Nothing to write home about. It's very generic though. The artist/writer does the same thing. Sex + breast pulling. Same thing for every girl.

Overall 3/10

Very short game. Maybe 3 hours of gameplay. Not a lot of fun. It's not really a game.

How could the game have been better? Better question is how could it not have been better? This was a very base game with some art attached. This game could have been on nhentai as a comic and there would have been almost no difference.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

libertypics

It could be up to a 4 but it's got a few dings against it...
    It's short, other reviewers have mentioned that too. It's not crazy short but, it's hard to give it full points when some other games exist that are similar with more put into them.
    Censored is an automatic star or two off, I'll only dock it one here but, doesn't matter the reason, games without it are better than games with it.
    So, it had a lot of potential, it ended up okay, censorship sucks, and it if really ticks your fets it might be worth a quick play but it's not breaking any new ground or taking any top spots.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

ChaosDMNS

It's short. but not too short.. I really enjoyed this game.
    It's not to be taken too seriously, it's quite wacky.. but fun.

And the sex scenes are pretty good.

It's typical Japanese "Rape em til they beg for more" Fantasy.
    The MC is perhaps a little too "Evil" Wish he cared about the girls a little more. But you didn't end up hating the guy. It was a fun game to play =)
  10. 4.00 star(s)

RagueltheUFO

Normally, I would give 4 star ratings to games that are long and in depth. This game is too short, but then I thought about it more and was like "But it actually has good quality."

PROS:
    • The translation is great. For a game like this that could have been MTLed, the fact it isn't and there were no mistakes made it easy to follow the plot.
    • What the game lacks in quantity makes up in quality. The scenes are long enough to show the corruption but doesn't drag on.
    • Game makes sure that the h scenes are different on top of that. While there is a consistent kink going on (breast pulling), the game has different scenarios to justify the corruption.
    • The game has a scavenger hunt to find two items to be able to curse the woman and fuck them. It's relatively easy to figure out where certain items are if you're someone like me who clicks on everything.
    • Eve does give a challenge of whether or not you're paying attention to NPC dialogue or not since she's the only one who can actually kill you.
    • The sound affects aren't generic.
    • The artwork has animation affects that you would normally see in a comic to add more dynamic to the h scene.
    • The comedic interaction between the disgusting man and the Grimoire is pretty entertaining because there feels to be a mutual trust as the game goes on at the very least.
    • Story is simple and easy to follow.

CONS:
    • It's a very short game. Its hard for me to get into the story. Then again, there isn't much of a story to begin with.
    • While it's hard to get a gameover due to how common sense is needed, you can end up in a gameover scenario by not being able to handle Eve correctly. I kind of figured that the Pepper Spray was going to be used against her with how it was listed under an attack item. IDK why it would even give you the option to not use it. I feel like the game should have just checked to see if you had it and used it immediately.
    • Related to the above, I don't even understand how Eve escaped the first time. If there was no magic in where she was confined and if losing her virginity would reduce the amount of magic she had, it's like "???? What was the loophole?".
    • Game should have had voice acting
    • Game should have been in visual novel format. I get the reason why they chose RPG (to emmerse the player), but that just padded the game from 1 hour to 2 hours.
    • One thing that kind of annoyed me is how the the daughter of the mother can clearly see you in her house and instead of finding a way to subdue her until the h scene, she just lets you take something from her room. She clearly hates you and it doesn't make sense for her to just stand there.
    So while I would have personally given this game a 3, I can reconize the quality when I see it.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

4GunZ

It's short, but excellent raping, mind controlling and preggo-making game with fat ugly middle-aged hero, which fucks young and early-milf beauties. And yeah, painting is fantastic and ultimate! This game has simple but fine plot.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

JustXuX

As someone that knows this game through and through I'm gonna add.
    In this game, you're an ugly bastard, jerk, asshole, low-life who is no one and has nothing aside your big genitals, your trash bin is cleaner than your house. You meet an evil magic book, then you become someone and have everything, mostly women.
    Good points:
    1. Straightforward and linear gameplay. Means no bullshit grinding.
    2. Non-generic sound-effects. They're pretty good and plenty.
    3. Nice CG. Especially those Ahegao :) . Nice visual effects.
    4. An OK story. Not great, but without too much drama and useless text.
    5. Pretty engaging H-scenes. You don't look at the same CG for half an hour reading a wall of text. They change pretty fast.
    6. At last, nice translation. As the translator of this game I want to say that the English version will give you a better experience than the japanese one, because I fixed some of the dev's mistakes. It was 50% translation and 50% writing.

Bad points:
    1. Should've been a VN. All RPG elements are not necessary here.
    2. The original japanese game had bad writing, took most of my time to rewrite some parts, fix some names and some events. But I tried to be as close as possible to the original.

Overall, a pretty decent corruption game.