RPGM - Completed - The Fall of Juliet [v0.99] [Redikal]

1. 2.00 star(s)

JacarandaSun

Even with consideration of the age of this game (I hold older games to lower standards), this game isn't good.

Every good thing in this game comes with a negative that nullifies the good. The art is unique, but not really that nice. All scenes are animated, but the way they're animated isn't attractive and somehow detracts from the scene. There are mini-games, but they're unbearable to play through. There is a large map with lots of unique areas, but there is nothing to do in these areas.

And then, there is just a list of outright cons:
    • A bad Visual Novel doesn't make for a good RPGM game: There's dozens upon dozen of games like this. You are railroaded into one route, locked in early, you can't explore other routes once you're locked in, then things happen if you want them to or not. You don't have real choice in anything, you just move from point A to point B. It's just a visual novel that can't cut it as a visual novel.
    • I call these "pseudo-free-roam" games. You have a large map to roam around but there is nothing to do on the map. There are no side events and there are no side quests, there is only the main quest. Speaking to NPCs doesn't even give you insightful lore and you can't enter the numerous buildings.
    • Incoherent plot: It doesn't walk, it doesn't run, it leaps. This can best be described with an example from the game: In the span of a few days, FemC goes from giving her student a handjob on the school roof (for no reasonable reason) to her being a demon Queen who rules the recently-conquered Earth.
    • Terrible writing/events: There's no build up to anything (the most important part of a corruption story) and events feel forced and entirely unnatural. They try to justify them with the otherworldly lust "plot device," but with how poorly that aspect is written it just falls flat.
    • Way too much "sex text." Bloating your scenes with fifty lines of "uh uh uh uh ohhh yeah sugoi! <SFX written out>" doesn't improve your scene.
    • There's so much pointless crap between scenes that it's hard to keep hard.
    This game honestly deserves a 1/5 due to the Minoa Park stage being the worst thing ever put into a RPGM game. However, since it's not bugged to hell and back plus the dialogue is legible, it qualifies for a 2/5. There is no reason for the large map, there is no reason for this to be a RPGM game, and there is no reason behind everything that occurs.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 5730079

it was good but the driving bit ruined the whole thing for me. so frustrating and annoying. everything else was great. art style really nice and unique and scenes really good. good game ruined by a small part imo. i gave up playing because of it
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Spicyporkcutlet

I want to like this game but...

Pro:
    - Nice art

Cons:
    - Incoherent plot
    - Poor writing
    - Pointless mini-games(driving, dodging enemies etc.)
    - Large empty spaces in the game that don't need to exist
  4. 5.00 star(s)

psychic_parasite

so many different endings . it has got a unique story little to the dark side but was still enjoyable at the very least. the gameplay is fun. it does not have turn based battles. there are puzzle to solve. every decision matters what you pick. and the sex scenes are supper well made. they look beautiful
  5. 2.00 star(s)

SparkCarrot

This game has potencial, but as is now, is not a good game. I would say is more like a Visual Novel that a RPG game. Every chose you do, have the chance to lock you in a really weird ending, without a hint of why you get that ending, 1) you choose to stay late in school, you are locked in the principal ending, 2) so, you want to fuck your student, well, ok, his relative exorcise you and later you have the close the demonical dimensional rift with your muscular friend and the student, losing your boyfriend/husband in the process. 3) the dream minotaur caught you, now you are his sex slave but also, you have the power to defeat the previus overlord, what you do in a buggy fight.

Not only the story is confusing, the map is big and confusing too. Why having such a map, but no real options to use it. The art is kind old school, i really like that though. This game needs a real progression system or abandon all that and go to remply as a visual novel.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

rbx4

As others have said, this is not the type of game that gives you any choice. It has a railroaded plot, and you will probably only like it if you want the exact events to occur that were planned. Don't want to do something? Want to do it differently? That's too bad.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

TheHighSpire

So, I didn't spend a whole lot of time in Fall of Juliet, maybe an hour. So take my review with a grain of salt.

That said, my review is pretty much in line with what the other commentators have said; the art is really nice, and the rest is sort of lacking. When I started playing this game I thought that it was pretty cool - you know, you had a nice husband/boyfriend and you'd be put in different situations where you could choose to cheat and generally just tailor your own story.

Unfortunately, it turned out that the developer implemented a sort of "horny" spirit which then made Juliet extremely horny to the point where it isn't even a decision of her own. To me, that just makes it pretty flat, for I like the decisions and agency. The spirit thing removes said agency, which makes it kinda boring to me.

So.. yah, if you want the CG and don't care much about the thin story; there you go. If you want something more (which is the reason I play these games) then you'd do better elsewhere.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Aparty

Something that I care about a lot in games is writing. That's my umbrella term for things like story, dialogue, monologue . . .
    Naturally, I'm into corruption games, and I was hoping this would fit the bill, but it just moves too fast for me, without any real sense of actual corruption. In fact, based on the monologue, it could be argued there isn't exactly any happening at all. The game seems to skip over the little bits in between and it feels lazily written to me. There is little to no build up, and when that's paired with having to make trips across the map somewhat frequently just to feel like I'm viewing a gallery instead of part of a story, it's hard to justify higher than 2 stars. That said, this is coming from someone who primarily focuses on writing and was mostly interested in the corruption tag. The art is lovely and others might value different aspects differently than I do.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

kcoope89

Fantastic story about corruption, and great fappable material

PROs:
    - Gameplay
    - Story
    - Scenes

Cons:
    - You have to start a new save to get a different ending can't see all the endings in one gallery

Looking forward to the next update!!!
  10. 3.00 star(s)

sickpatato

It uses a system where you choose a part and get an ending which I don't like. I rather play and finish the game than play over and over again to see all the scenes.
    Map is unnecessarily big. Markers and indicators are scarce. I hate to get stuck and had to look up walkthrough etc.
    Art style is good but not much to my liking.
    Story is lazy. Everything's just happening, the whole game is like a gallery.
    Scenes are great but short.
    Also not playable with a mouse, never a good thing.
    I mostly focus on the bad sides but its not a bad game. Gonna keep this on my radar, there is a lot of room for improvement. I recommend it.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Sin-X

Art Work: 5/5
    Story: 4/5

Prior to being put on hold this game was being constantly updated with new content. Each storyline path had it's own unique elements that kept you intrigued and wanting to find all the scenes.

It's perhaps one my favourite game on the site depite having some elements that I don't like. The devs manage to put in nice vareity of content to fit most peoples tastes.

The story pathing was not overly complicated unlike some other games which have far to many choices for any one human to remember and also had a couple of paths that led to early gameover which you don't tend to see in games all that much anymore.

Overall an enjoyable experience and worth a play.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

hexenhaus

Rating this game is not that easy.
    On the one hand it has a lovely artstyle, sound effects, animations and overall a unique style. On the other it has the worst traits of the RPGM engines.
    Don't get me wrong, I have no issues with the engine, but that way it is done here is plainly annoying.
    Further there are trial and error minigames. Again I do not mind these as long as they are well executed, but they are pretty in-consistent.
    Also the character development: There is no inner struggle so far, the MC just fucks around, let people do stuff. I mean it could be that way, but without any inner monologue/struggle it is just like some of these boring and flat hentai games...

What keeps this game above a 2* rating for me are the lovely artstyle. The game can become better but for the moment the game is just an average 3*
  13. 5.00 star(s)

GuySavage

Brilliant artwork and music, very hot scenes. The game goes above and beyond what you'd expect from RPGMaker in terms of ambient effects that add to the foreboding atmosphere-- although there is one add choice in regard to one specific sound effect that gets used often (play the game and you'll hear exactly what I mean). The writing is good and keeps you immersed in the erotic, haunting atmosphere-- there are a few minor spelling and grammar errors, but nothing beyond what you'd expect from a game in development.

Fall of Juliet is relatively short right now and the "gameplay" very simplistic-- going from point A to point B, running mazes, and occasionally making a dialogue choice-- but as a vehicle for a variety of truly excellent scenes, it is very worth playing (even in its unfinished state). All the extra touches to the graphics and sound give the impression of an artsy early 90s anime OVA-- quite unique.

I decided to sub to this game developer's Patreon immediately after playing the newest update (0.18)-- that's how great the new scenes were. With enough time and attention this game could easily compete with high quality 2D artwork games like Good Girl Gone Bad.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Unknown_Error

Its art and story is good but just able to choose and follow 1 timeline is kind annoying, otherwise it is a good game. Btw jut give it a try It might surprise you. That's it

This is just to get 200 letters sfdfqsfsfd
  15. 2.00 star(s)

maxx mad

Very good art and interesting settings.

On the dark side, terrible optimization of RPGMaker, use of weather clouds that makes the game sluggish, the other dimension doesn't cut for me either, waste of time and that's far from fun.

Could have been great without the other dimension if the dev focused on optimization rather on weather effects that doesn't bring anything.

Painful to play, unfortunately.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

MBIK

The game is abso-fucking-lutely awesome.
    I just played the 0.16 version and I have to say most of the content in the game is great.
    Great art style. A story with different routes. Nice mini games.
    The only con is that the story is a little bit vague about what is going on but I think that's how it works. The developer is showing the clues little by little.
    I wish the bus drive will have some scenes in the future too.