VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - The Falling Reloaded [Ch. 6] [WhiteBear]

1. 2.00 star(s)

nitkonikic

Let's start by giving this bad rating and keeping it on bookmarks list, because it CAN be fucking amazing.

Let's start with story.

Hot hell, what a start. MC that suffered centuries of torture because his dad threw him into hell, becoming king of a region going on rampage across hell, killing everyone (though only mentioned, not seen), WOWZA.

Meet family members, tell them to stick it where the sun never shines (without player choice here, fucking hell, usually MCs forgive instantly), get almost ready to start a war between heaven and hell...

SCHOOL TIME BIITCHES!!!

You must be wondering, wait what? Yes, you see, now our MC decided he can't fight his daddy (though he was all set and good to go just minutes ago), and will listen to his mommy, be good boy, go to school etc.

The change of style, theme and atmosphere is insane. It's a 5/5 game dropping to 1/5 in a matter of literally 1 minute of gameplay. What in the everloving hell happened.

Sure, last chapter goes back to bit of fighting, preparations etc, but jeez.

This is probably, and I'm dead serious, my first game on F95 where I was all in on the story (keyword: WAS!) and didn't care about girls.

Hell, I didn't want ANY of the girls. One is too forced (act 1), one is too mysterious and annoying (act 1), others are either part of family or angels telling you to stop being moody and depressed and not to drink and to enjoy school life...AFTER CENTURIES OF DAILY TORTURE!!!

Love interests are so tone deaf to what happened story wise, it's incredible MC is not confused during 99% of the conversation from sheer stupidity of what they're saying.

But it's only version 0.3, I'm definitely keeping this one under monitoring and hoping it ends a 4/5 in the end. Let's just forget school arc ever happened, eh? Let's move on to conquering hell and planning slaughter of heaven? Please?

P.S. To have any chance of getting 5/5 this game must allow me to kill Nyks. Actually, I don't care what final rating will be, but it will be +1 if there's that choice
  2. 5.00 star(s)

JamesPT85

(This review was made after Chapter 3's release)

Prior to this current update, this story was left in a mess. The transition from being a tortured revenge-seeking fallen angel story into a moody college kid was extremely jarring. It felt as though the former story was abandoned by the developer(s) and now they're writing a new story that features the same characters in a completely different genre.

In this update, the dev(s) retooled the latter arc and... it works! Incredibly, they have taken what was a shit-show and made it all... incredible! I didn't think it could even have been done but the dev(s) pulled it off!

IF YOU ARE READING THIS TO DECIDE IF YOU SHOULD GIVE IT ANOTHER SHOT:
    Yes, you definitely should. If the story of a tortured angel turned king of hell is what you wanted, this is that. You will like it. Everything that happened to the MC on Earth still happens, but now it is no longer as significant to the plot. The MC is very much not over his torture now, and all of that is back as the main focus. We also get some actual answers. Definitely give this story another chance. If for nothing else than for the developer(s) that actually listened to criticism and edited their story without compromising their vision. A lot of developers would have abandoned the story or ignored everyone's complaints.

As for my thoughts on the narrative now.. what can I say? It's good. Really, really good. I like all of the changes and new additions and the only criticisms I have are nitpicky. I suppose the biggest issue I have is that I think the MC is too trusting. He literally dropped his guard in front of every hot girl he saw lol. Most troubling is with Irenna (I think that was her name? Idenna?). She is (I think) the first person he saw after dealing with Kreon. She's in hell first of all. I feel as though anybody would be suspicious on this fact alone. Secondly, she looks human rather than a nightmare that is everybody else in hell. I would definitely be curious about that. Last of all, she is being nice to you. You're in hell, you have to ask these questions! What's her agenda? Does she want something from me? Is she trying to manipulate me, and is it working? How is it that I've never seen her even though she claims to have been the one that treated my wounds? On a much lesser note is in trusting Emma, Raphael, and Azel so easily. Azel was the one that delivered him to hell and until they actually explain it, they chose to ignore his prayers... so why are they caring all of a sudden? My feelings were "Why would I give a shit about these women who ignored me the entire time I was being tortured?" Personally, I think the MC should have demanded answers immediately. That change would have made the girls more likeable early on. These are small things that did not impact my overall enjoyment of this game.

5/5 stars. How fucking cool is it that a story featuring fallen angels was itself redeemed?
  3. 5.00 star(s)

JSantos_Player76

I really liked how deep and dark this story is. All characters are mysterious and interesting, and the lore is really compelling. I also loved the emotional and psychological struggles the mc is dealing with. Honestly, having no actual sexual content was not a bad thing at all to me, a story that has a slow build up is much better than a VN that just throw sex scenes at your faces out of nowhere. The only problem I had with the plot was how fast the protagonist is willing to get along with his family, the ones who "abandoned him". My main problem is especially with Azel, since she was the one who left the protagonist in Hell, and she doesn't show sadness and regret, like the other two, so it doesn't make any sense to me Azel and the protagonist to get along so fast. I think their relationship should've been built better. If the protagonist still hated her, the ending of part 3 would've been much more powerful, with Azel trying her best to stop the protagonist without hurting him, because deep down she suffers and also has a trauma for what she did, and she doesn't want to lose her brother again.

But besides that, I think this game is amazing and I really recommend it if you are looking for something deep that will keep you thinking about it for days after you play it. It has this flaw I mentioned, about the mc being "too nice and forgiving", specially towards Azel, but I think that when you look at this game as a whole, it's easy to overlook this flaw, because the overall experience is still amazing. That's why I give it 5 stars, not because it is perfect, but because it is deep and emotional and makes you feel real life-like emotions.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3483965

The game is too slow, the story started well but now it's just a momma boy crying in bed, adult scenes and animations never happen, the characters look good though and it has potential to be a good game if the dev forgets about the mom.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Relv

**This review contains spoilers**

It starts out with a very interesting baseline plot, and leads you into believing you'll be following a darker storyline with a badass and emotionally broken MC that focuses on revenge which can be merciless (devil) or redemptive (angel).

The MC is an Angel who is banished into Hell as a child without being told why and has his wings ripped of so that he can't escape.
    Barely a minute into his banishment, literally as his sister who threw him in there and took his wings is flying away, he's captured by one of the kings of hell who subsequently imprisons him and brutally tortures him for hours on end, every single day for centuries (Note; plural).
    He seemingly develops 3 seperate personalities in his mind, as a coping mechanism to deal with the torture and immense trauma he's under.

After whatever (unspecified) number of centuries of non-stop torture he endured and having prayed to his family for help, on a daily basis with no response - He finally gives up, and loses the will to live along with his faith. It's at this point he gets a sudden power-up that enables him to escape imprisonment and kill his tormentor, the MC now being able to wield non-angelic powers ends up taking over this part of hell as it's new albeit somewhat involuntary king.

After this everything just falls apart, I can't even begin to understand the thought process behind it.

Every interaction is infuriating, with every family member being completely oblivious and dismissing everything that the MC has gone through, they act like they all sendt him to summercamp for a week and that he's being unreasonable for having an opinion on the matter.

It creates such a disconnect from what I expected the story to be, with everyone around him treating him like he's just a petulant child.

It's all just the most anticlimatic turn the game could've possibly taken.

And so many plot holes, his family is more than powerful enough that they at the very least could've checked in and made sure the MC was safe, but not one of them even tried... ?
    They just threw him/let him get thrown into hell and figured everything would be alright - That he'd chill on some beach, get a tan and meet some nice demon girl or something?
    Not even trying to get the demons to atleast keep him safe.. ?
    - His mother can literally mindcontrol any living creature...

They don't even apologize or show any actual regret or concern - It's all just "Well yeah, sorry about that lol, but look at how hot my ass is" Really.... ??

The entire backstory, all the build-up just falls apart and becomes almost meaningless.

Betrayal, abandonment, CENTURIES of torture, trauma, anger, hatred - All barely a footnote as the VN turns into a "landlady and roommates" with characters already trying to seduce him in wierd and basic ways.
    And they all have the audacity to blame and admonish him for the tiny acts of rebellion he actually has the balls to show.

It went from
    "I'm going to break into heaven and have them pay for what they did to me" to
    "If I'm a good boy and listen to mommy and go to school, maybe daddy wont get mad at me again".

The only way I see out of the current shitpit is if it turns out that the mother/emma is using her mindcontrol to force or manipulate the MC and the entire situation into the artificial mess that it is, in some desperate attempt to avoid the fallout of what the MC has gone through.

To round it off, I want to apologize for my apparent harshness, it's clear that theres a lot of effort going into the VN itself, with models and rendering, but they're heavily overshadowed by the poor writing so far, which is unfortunately a common issue on here.

- This is the only review I've written on here, and I genuinely dislike that it's a negative one. I really had such high hopes for this VN.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Broxen

Great game and great premise there's barely any games on this forum involving a fallen angel like this game although there's currently no sex scenes yet that is the only downside currently the renders look fantastic and the story is great although the updates are a little slow keep up the good work dev
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Olo77

I have to admit that I approached the game with mixed feelings after reading some of the reviews. And I don't quite understand the 1 star reviews. Because the game is at least 3 stars and I will give 5.

I like the world created and the story itself develops in a nice direction .

Some write here how the MC can let go of the angels so easily... So maybe because Emma has the power to direct living beings, so also our MC?

Well, I don't know, but the end of chapter 2 could mean that:
    - Emma controls the MC with her powers.
    - It will turn out that the MC throws himself off the roof because he realized that this reality is not real... everything is happening in his head :cool: ... ja nonsens.

Im curious how it will develop further because we have a cool VN. I hope the author will not abandon the project - like many here.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Smrdgy

Options are few and have little to no impact (can't even hate his family properly).

The story is dreadful and has no consistency. I mean you start off as a king of hell, then, something something and suddenly you are about to go to a college in the human world????

And as a bonus the MC is a stereotypical wimp straight out of the shounen romance anime :rolleyes: despite having so much power and occasional burst of confidence that disappears in the next scene...
  9. 2.00 star(s)

michael1984

Well have to give this 2 stars sadly

The first episode was great and enjoyed it for what it was dark but bad ass

Then suddenly episode 2 drops and its nothing like it was before and changed the whole thing into a teen drama college show

The choices u make dont make any difference at all for the most part and if they do matter it is brushed off in the next render

You have Azel the angel of dead who threw u into hell and didnt care at all and flew away witout any remorse when the mc was a child... But in episode 2 we suddenly becoming best friends with her and have casual conversations with her like how on earth does that happen so out the blue

Then you have your sister Raphael who supposedly u been joined at the hip since the good old days .. She basicly pushes u into college caus he needs to learn to be a good boy like seriously in his mindset yeah that works so well

Then you have dear old mom Emma who supposedly is just as powerfull as dear old god himself ... But somehow in all those centuries she never decided to look around or ask around about her son ... Yeah no mother would not look for her son if he was missing for that long .,.. And then in episode 2 we just become a happy family with her caus why she got big breasts that she showing and some nudity flashes and that makes the MC somehow ok with everything

The only good female died in hell in episode 1 but we have to forget about her caus we have to forgive and be a good boy with the family that abandoned the young mc till now

This whole episode 2 didnt make any kind of sense and changed the mc from a actual bad ass MC ... To a woke beta MC who bends the knee and follows the family that desserted him like a love sick puppy

Now dont get me wrong the models are amazing and normally i be all over them

But the story setup has ruined them

This is definatly not what i expected to happen when i played the first episode

Shame that this game took a turn for the worst since it had massive pottential
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Hellkinglucifer

Do not fall for this misleading overview as it is simply a trap. Sells you a dark, revenge seeking MC story in the beginning only to flip it to a pussy gandhi/jesus lovechild who just forgives everyone that betrayed him.

Worse the game turns to another stupid incest college story and killed the most interesting Li for dumb reasons.

Sure the renders are great and girls look good but even if it had the best renders on this site wouldn't even began to compensate for that terrible writing.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

m4pII

The advantages of the game are excellent renders, beautiful girls, and the atmosphere of the world.

Also, I really like the plot. I remember I played the game at the release (before the remaster) and was able to enjoy the story even despite the terrible translation.

But as it was said below - the 2nd chapter has several problems.

The first chapter is darkness, despair, anger, desire for revenge and loneliness.
    The second chapter suddenly turned out to be almost a teenage story about college, parties, shoping and a big friendly family.

When the MC first met Azel in the story, I expected an epic fight, after which they would restore their relationship.
    But the MC suddenly forgets 100 years of torture in Hell and immediately forgives her and they turn back into teenage friends.

MC has serious mental problems, he is unstable and dangerous.
    He slaughtered almost all the demons in Hell. He raised an army and nearly made war on the heavens.
    But his family came up with the great idea to send him to a college full of demons, angels and mortals.
    One spark and he is able to destroy everyone who is "lucky" enough to be in a radius of a mile.

Yes, the author is trying to explain all of the above in the plot.
    (- MC understands that the main villain is God, and that there is no point in getting angry at his pawns, who, in fact, have no will of their own.
    In the events of 100 years ago, Azel didn't have much choice.
    - MCs are sent to college to understand how the mortal world works, to socialize, learn to live among people, and so on)

But this is done too quickly and abruptly. The change in tone of the plot is very noticeable.

Despite the above shortcomings, I really like the game, and I think that it does not deserve such disastrous recent ratings.
  12. 2.00 star(s)

jpatog

The start was very promising, but wtf happened? Is like two different people writting in two different genres. The guy who learned how to fight in minutes need to go to college to learn how to human? And why would he agree to that, or be fine with living with the family that abandoned him IN HELL?? They couldn't hear his prayers so everybody assumed he was just having a good time? Even his very remorseful mother with the power to influence every living being couldn't break him out?
    The more you look the worse it gets...
    But yeah, good renders, i guess
  13. 2.00 star(s)

XV71

Started well as a potential revenge story, but quickly became just another college story.

Only two chapters in and in need of a serious rewrite.

this game nearly has it all
    the renders are beautiful as are the girls, and the genre/setting is good, but the writing ruins any enjoyment the game could offer.

With each passing chapter, the MC becomes more of a backseat driver in his own body, this game has amazing renders but other than that I honestly have nothing positive to say about this game, one of the few games where I have 0 interest in any sex scenes as all characters are trash and the writing keeps getting worse.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

acondo

Sorry to be this harsh, but this is completely idiotic writing.

Characters simply brush off the game's most transcendent facts as if nothing happened; this problem is present even in the central plot of the game, so it's unsalvageable; the protagonist suffers for centuries while being (probably assrape :KEK: ) and tortured by demons in hell, and his family lets him rot there without ever bothering to rescue him, help him, or even check on him, knowing full well where he is. After all of that, when he saves himself and runs into his family, everything that i just said is dismissed as insignificant; I'm not exaggerating—there are even attempts at comedy, with characters teasing each other. It's really nonsensical and bizarre.

Bait and switch. In the first release, the developer promised a dark and complex story, teasing the revenge of the MC against those who wronged him and made him suffer in hell for centuries, including his family. Fast forward to the latest update, and we find... that there is no conflict at all; the protagonist is just forgiving everybody because they have nice tits and because he's just that much of a good little boy, and he is now preparing to attend... college. again, I'm not kidding; this is the game now, apparently a slice-of-life romcom.

Also, don't believe the latest 5-star reviews. Those guys didn't even read the story; they just hit CTRL and saw that the chicks in the game were hot, so their brain just went, "derp nice bobs and vagane derp, boom five stars, bruh".
  15. 1.00 star(s)

Simulacrum29

What a Disappointment, I followed the game since the first version. The Renders are nice but nothing special. The Story was interesting in the First Chapter. The best LI gets Killed for shit and giggles, but Ok. With the powers our MC amasses that should/Could be temporary, so I gave it a pass.

But the second Chapter is a complete disaster without rhyme or reason.

Complete Bullshit explanations why nobody helped him.
    His sister banished him to Hell because Father told her to do so, but she is not afraid of him.
    She was the one who brought him down there but they had no way of finding him.
    His whole family is acting like he is back from a Spa visit and not from Centuries of Torture in Hell.
    And the worst MC rolls over like a little bitch and is excepting of everything.
    Some Bullshit excuse about: "the balance of all things" The MC slaughtered three-quarters of hell and now we need to respect some balance? If Heaven has so a high regard for that balance millions of angels need to kill themself to protect their precious balance.

If you told me that the Writer changed between those Chapters, I wouldn't doubt you for a second. The whole mess is completely disjointed. The plot got lost in the woods and the story was nowhere to be found.

If all you care about is slightly above renders and nothing else this is an easy 5* game for you.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

BigLurker

Wow what a great game.

The models are great. Yeah some shots can be improved, but overall very high tier. The pacing is great. Most games drag out pointless dialogue. This game is the opposite. You wont get bored with 1 picture and 10 pages of dialogue. If anything, this game can be slowed down a bit.

Furthermore the dialogue and choices make sense. Compared to other games on this site. Lastly, the setting, fantasy/god/devil, is really great. You feel like you are actually exploring and finding out stuff, instead of the auther dropping weird hot models at you, without a reason why.

9/10 models
    10/10 setting/genre
    9/10 sound
    9/10 English and sentences used.

I am really looking for future updates! Compliments. This game didnt let me down, while so many other games on this site did. Usually the pictures are fine, but the story, English and other factors are shit. This game mixes those elements together, greatly.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

ktunga

well for me its very easy ,i love the renders i love the models dev is using and love the "assets"too all in all are 5,ok now the pace is a "little bit rush for my taste but nothing major here,stroy was abulutely good tilll end of chapter 1,when all the good work come to a stupid twist,yeah 'SEEMS " you cant have your revenge,,,,,,ok now chapter 2 is as rush you can have but again this is a porn game forum and this is a porn game who happends have a story behind y.yeah ofc is a little harsh but many other too,so for those who say wtf mc is a simp or dev doesn t have a clue about revenge and how to right i will say .....why you dont wait maybe just maybe he have a plan and maybe the mc have a twisted plan? maybe those angels who dont heard those prayers are not relly evil and there is a fucking twisted why its all this happend> many forgot about nyxs about what the shadow f=guid and the seer tell to that girl? aboiut how different is and that she doesnt see his future so before trashing the dev game try to connects the dots about all the information the game told you and use it to develop your own plot and maybe you can have some questions ....for me its easy i will follow this game even if he push us to go to and play basketball or if have to fuck all the girls in the college and have a girlfriend who fuck others when she goes to the beach .........so yes its pretty much better bcs its a fantasy game not a copy of real life and dreams about knock up all in my way
  18. 2.00 star(s)

kokos94

Well for me as former as former supporter (at first chapter) it is realy difficult to write this.

This game is about fallen angel who was sended by father to hell as punishment, where he is waiting to be rescued by his family (mother/sisters) when he is every day for centuries tortured almost to death, until he found out that they will not came for him and found his new powers.
    With these powers he kill his torturer burn half of hell to go back to his family (these who abandoned him and let him to go to hell, when even one of them was even actively sending him to hell after ordered...) and go to college.... yep that ridiculouse that story is.

To be objective this game have realy good renders.

ratings:
    Story 1/5
    renders 4/5
    english 3/5 (i am not native english speaker so for me it is not that bad)

in summary 1,8
  19. 1.00 star(s)

eonfow

TLDR: renders are good, story starts as a good revenge story but becomes a slice of life in college where all the past is forgotten and everyone is happy making the whole start of the VN pointless.

I have to start this review by asking wtf is the writter thinking?

First of all this game starts as a 5/5, you are an angel kid that somehow didn't show any powers and couldn't even fly and suddenly you are thrown into hell to spend your life being tortured and gets abandoned by anyone you ever met in heaven/considered to be family. So far so good, its a good premise for a revenge story arc and it does deliver the first act of said revenge.

I won't spoil the good part of the VN but i will spoil that the MC does get part of his revenge on hell and becomes some sort of king over there and this gets his father's (supposedly god) attention, MC prepares to a fight to the death with some minions of his father but thats when the story begins to go to shit.

When MC is about to start the fight between him and "The Elders" his "sister" comes and tell them to stop because their "mother", supposedly a power with enough weight in heaven to be able to tell anyone to fuckoff, says MC is under her protection from now on. Ok crisis averted but after this the MC apparently forgets he was tortured for centuries, forgets he put hell under his thumb and forgets that no one from his family tried to help him and the story becomes a fucking slice of life where everyone lives happy in the same house (even with the girl that took him from heaven and placed MC in hell).

The game turning into a slice of life after setting up all the revenge stuff would be bad enough but to put salt to the wound the other angels living in the same house sometimes even mock MC because he doesn't know anything about the normal world like he was supposed to learn anything in between torture sessions. But don't worry because they won't just mock MC for not knowing anything, the family decides to put him in college where he is supposed to just go there and learn to be happy like a human and pretend everything is fine.

Now after all this it wouldn't be that bad if the MC was somewhat putting up a fight against all this bullshit thrown to him but the MC turns from a badass fallen angel into some edgy college boy that just accepts everything but is just in a bad bad mood because he didn't sleep. In the end MC goes from decaptating demons and burning castles to "ooh i guess they had no choice", "father bad everyone else good, boohoo".

I really don't know how a writter can fuck up the story so bad, maybe he sold it to someone else which is why nothing makes sense, even if the MC was somehow with his mind broken after enacting revenge on hell there is no way someone would just start accepting a super duper happy life after all that trauma from centuries of torture.

But to end this review with at least something positive besides the first chapter i would say the renders are good, all of them looked nice even if the story went to shit.
  20. 1.00 star(s)

operamini

Resuming the experience of this VN: "How to destroy a story and enrage the audience any % speedrun"

There will be spoilers but really who cares.

The story starts out pretty strong as it was quite a unique start.
    Renders are good and so is the sound but you will be so infuriated with the story that you wont even notice it.

It start out very strong, a tortured MC, finally "freed" trying to figure out how to survive in his new surroundings, having to deal with other demons, meting with other kings, dealing with nightmares and spies, awesome stuff.

Then we fell to a trap, and our spy girl forces us to go to the human world,
    the MC has to deal with the loss of a "friend" which works well enough, and still tries to go back to avenge her death while preparing for the inevitable attack from those who would prefer him to have stayed in hell.

Except: a bit after we get to the human world, then it does a 180 so fast you break your neck from the g forces.
    The main character which was tortured for centuries by demons, who gained their power, traumatized by the lost of someone who he promised to protect, who killed dozens searching for revenge, all of a sudden ignores all the emotions that would come with it and starts living the ones who condemned him to torture, even hanging out with the one who took him to hell. with her sitting on the same couch cracking jokes like we are bffs. with no resistance, no avoidance, nothing, even a completely destroyed mind that had gave up on living wouldn't react like that. and at one point the mc rests his face on her shoulder WHAT?.

here is how one would fix this mess:
    1 - It makes little sense how much the death of night time healer girl affects the mc if he didn't even seen her help him all those centuries, so change nrº1: make him know who she is, make her be his only light in that hell whole he is in, improve why she wasn't killed before as that is also quite weak.
    2 - after he gets to earth and the elders are called, delete everything past this as there isn't anything that is worth saving. He was tortured for centuries he wont even begin to entertain the option of forgiveness for a long time, and he is really strong so he wont go unwillingly anywhere without strong reason.
    here is how i would deal with the family stuff: make them be stuck in the human world, like for example they rebelled to get the mc back and were banned from heaven as punishment.
    3 - you can't just say "Dad" = badie and be done with it that's terrible writing, the girls specially the one who took him there must be responsible for their actions, remember many naz**s response was also i was only following orders, and that excuse didn't fly.
    What the hell could have a child have done to deserve such a punishment, he wasn't banned from heaven he was sentenced to eternal torture, it better have been very well thought out.