VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - The Falling Reloaded [Ch. 6] [WhiteBear]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Baelic

An interesting and most excellent experience! But it needs more in the way of aggressive/psychotic options. After everything the mc has been through, he has the right to flip the fuck out and fruitlessly stab Azle a few times regardless of whether she was powerless in what she did in the past.

And fuck, the mc should be having months worth of therapy before being exposed to the rigors of college, they should count themselves lucky if this place is still standing when I'm through if it's at all an option. I am getting beyond peeved at how the family is just sorta glossing over the EONS OF TORTURE!!

Apart from those feelings of incredible annoyance, I am thoroughly enjoying this game and certainly recommend it.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Anders255

Usually i have a "soft spot" for stories in which the protagonist is wronged/betrayed by his family and friends, it is very easy for you to feel sorry for MC in this case because there is nothing worse than being abandoned by the people closest to you and i usually always look forward to these stories and feel an avalanche of emotions depending on how they develop because it is very easy to get involved with them.

But this one here is bad. This is horrible.

The Protagonist was abandoned in hell and tortured for centurys until he finally escapes and finds his family again who did nothing to try to save him, after so many years of torture it is impossible to not be hurt here, but he forgave in the blink of an eye. He just forgave, he doesn't feel anger anymore, he doesn't have any negative feelings anymore... I would understand him reacting like this without problems if it was a linear book, but this is not, this is supposed to be a Visual Novel where the players should make choices that best fit our personality and the author just FORCING an attitude that the absolute majority of the players would not take is just a horrible move for the game itself.

But this is not the worst. The worst is the behavior of the mother and the sisters, they are acting as if the MC had spent a day away on vacation, they are talking, laughing, flirting and hitting on him all day long as if absolutely nothing happened! And MC is behaving in the same way!

The conversation with Azael is shameful.

"When was the last time you looked in the mirror?"
    "Welcome to the 21st century."
    "Are you really going to sit on the couch with a grumpy face all day?"
    "Im bored, i wanted to go shopping to!"
    "Are you a virgin????"

And this was said in an extremely, casual tone as if it were a normal conversation between them in everyday life. The dialogue and interaction between the MC and his family is bad, forced and unreal to such a level that it disconnects you from getting involved in the story.

This update has completely disconnected me from the game. I can't feel anything else for this story or the characters, only laugh at how bad the interaction and writing is.

Examples:

- I could talk about how Raphael is a shitty sister forcing her brother who spent centuries being tortured to do something he doesn't want to do which is go to a college full of enemies because he needs to ""learn"" how to be human, (But I won't blame the character, because the author unnecessarily wanted to put school in the middle of this, and by the nature of her character, Only she could actually make him go to school..)

- How Azael is another shitty sister constantly making fun of the MC's ignorance of the world being that she was the one who led him to hell (But I won't blame her either, because she's not saying this to be an ass, I'm SURE the Author must find these interactions between them VERY funny, let me tell you author, they are not.)

- How Enma is a shitty mother, because she apparently has the power to CONTROL all living things, but, even with such power she never thought about going to rescue her son and prefers to blame all on the father. (Again, I won't blame her, the author wanted to make her extremely powerful and gave her a power without thinking about the consequences it would bring to her character in game.)

The excuse of "They didn't do anything because they couldn't hear my prayers" is bulshit. Because you, MC, were on vacation in hell having tea with demons and having a blast, no? Listening to his prayers or not, they all knew very well what was happening to the MC in hell.

And this is why i can't get attached to the story anymore, the writing is so top tier garbage that I can't blame the characters anymore, I blame the writer.

Dropped.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

DABOMB00

The Setting of the game seems really interesting so far and the looks are really good. The women look gorgeous and the MC is overall very enjoyable to play. The Plot is pretty good so far with an interesting start to the game. One of the biggest things i dislike about the game ist the pace tho. Things happen too fast and there is no real time to enjoy the plot. The MC gets very powerful very fast and while there are still things stronger than him there isnt much that can oppose him so we will have to see how that plays out. Also one big story event is following the next and its like everything happens at once.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    The Sound and Music is nice, but very little with some long periods of silence which i personally dislike. I cant really say how much choices matter because its just the reloaded v1.0 but it seems like there is a dark and a light path but not sure so far.
    Overall the Story paired with the looks is enough to keep you wanting more and its definetly worth checking out if you are into fantasy Vns
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Symphony of the Night

I played tons of games on this forum, but this one stands out from the rest. The plot with angels and demons and supernatural powers on the whole is just up my alley. It doesnt make you an all powerful god but and angel growing and learning. The renders are on point and the uniqueness of the story stands out from the other games which just solely focuses on sex. The game makes you only want to know what will happen next after each scene.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

JB08

Quite good. The plot is unique. Idk how common the angels and demons trope is but I havent seen it yet. The plot and pacing is a bit sudden and fast, and things jump around a lot. Dev should flesh out the scenes more, add more dialogue and character building. However, despite how things are its still a good game and the plot is easy-ish to follow. Renders are nice, MC isnt a beta pussy boi, Lots of unique assets I havent seen in other games, the girls are pretty, and so forth. Looking forward to more.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Dead123

An amazing game thus far (0.1). I'm definitely hooked on it already, you can feel the emotional dread the MC carries as he goes from scene to scene.

The visuals are a sold 8/10 (not the best I've seen, but still amazing) the MC (for once) doesn't look like he was drawn up last second as the game was still uploading to the site.

Overall can't comment on how good the story is since it's too early but the way the characters are carrying themselves makes them pretty believable.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Joeylasted

The Game is great, Plot is typical Demons vs Angels with a decent amount of character building. Doesn't necessarily require any previous knowledge of Well-known Angels but that wouldn't hurt lol. Story starts off fast and the pacing is decent even though it does get jumpy in some transition bits (v1.0). Grammar and Spelling are hardly an issue when you're fully engrossed in a game of this quality.

Render quality is top tier, I'm not sure what is next but as of now everything in the game, top to bottom is exceptional.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

GrumpyBanana

Very well executed story, the vibe has its own charm and it blends everything together surprisingly well, the main character seems to be a bit more edgy than necessary, but hey being tied up for centuries in hell isn't something I've experienced before so.. what do I know. Oh the renders are nice too. I just wish for it to be slower. The warehouse exploded scene and everything following it, for example, is way undercooked. I wanna see a bitter soul of someone locked up for so long, finally freed but only to see all the little things he has left taken away.

Oh, I really like the dissociative identity disorder part too. Classic coping mechanism through severe trauma, but I like the way the writer made him create the different personalitiesby his own will. I wish there were some screentime and role explanations for them as well.

Overall a surprisingly satisfying experience. The renders are good, the story is good. Not too many NSFW scene and no sex, but I was hooked. Big props to White Bear. Patron worthy!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Crowangel

Time will be the true test of this title.. As things stand right now I'm very impressed with the content on offer..
    I'll admit i'm really REALLY not a fan of the white/silver hair.. Its used to frequently and myself personally i just dont like the mc with it..
    The characters other than mc are well designed, lots of good use of daz and other assets for the characters and creatures.. It would be interesting to see this grow..
    As a fan of shadowhunters and Mortal Instruments Books there is a theme to this that i like and i'm intrigued to see where it goes from here..
    The inclusion of the character model used for being a Dik's Jill Royce was a welcome addition.. I always like seeing familiar character looks from other visual novels as it feels like a fan fav actor or actress has been cast in the role much alike to how films hire a specific actor or actress in a movies role..
    Lots of interesting prospects for the future.. just please consider being able to alter the mc a bit lol
  10. 5.00 star(s)

SixtyNineGaming

This is a very well executed "angels and demons" story with a damaged protagonist. The story is intriguing and interesting. The pacing is a a little too fast, but overall, I liked it very much.
    The visuals are great too. The character models are the ones that see often in VNs, but that doesn't affect the quality.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

hyperjack38

The story is intriguing and the characters seem well thought out and interesting... The renders are also very good... The dialogues seem a little immature and the English is a little wonky... But that can be easily fixed... Would ask the dev to work on that... Otherwise tis a good game... Recommended...
  12. 4.00 star(s)

SlideweenTV

Version played: v0.3

Finally I am motivated to play as a emo, deep and mentally damaged MC - is what I thought when I played through the game. There are rarely times when in games like this I would want to choose a negative reaction for the choices given but in this game however I actually want to because it fits the dark and depressing tone.

As for the game itself, the renders are good and the characters look different enough though theres no sex scenes yet, not even for minor characters even tho the story takes place in the heaven & hell settings. There is nudity tho.

I hope this gets updated as I am finding the story to be interesting and look forward to what type of adult content the dev have in mind for the MC.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Jaango

Well I liked this game. There is a good story plot. Which I've seen in movies and shows before. But story is not exactly like that. just some scenes. But the story is fresh in this kinda games. If you are worriying about first two reviews which mentioned typo errors. Well dev corrected many of it but still there is few. But you will understand the story. Renders are good. He reworked the early renders too like he said even though he didn't get that much support. Dev keeped his promise. Kinda demons and angels story first thing that come to everyone's mind I'd kinda lust craving demons and angels. But this one is not like that( of course they have libido but not that much like you see in some other games) thank you dev for that. Game is short for now. Well waiting for next updates keep up the good work dev
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Critics are pretty strict around here i see, even for some grammer mistakes, they'll give Roger Ebert run for his money.
    Well, the only thing that disappointed me about this gem is that it got over quickly (v0. 3). Still in nascent stage but good immersive story. You can feel mc even with his cold demeanor. I felt sad when she died (hoping her reincarnation somehow). Gorgeous characters and renders not much of a lewd content but my expectations of such were minimal from the start and i don't know why but i was happy about that as story was surreal and kept me in the loop. All in all has lots of potential and really looking forward.
  15. 3.00 star(s)

hornydit

It's a strange one. The characters look good and the setting is nice but the story reads as if it were written by an edgy 14 year old going through an emo phase. The story is also very rushed and sometimes 4 or 5 important story moments can happen in just as many screens.

That being said, there are good ideas and it looks like a decent effort. There is a certain quality to all the images and the story could eventually be interesting. It needs some cleaning up on the English translation and maybe a pruning of some story elements.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Jack-Atlas

This game so far is not bad at all, never felt bored unlike almost every game on this site lately, intriguing story characters are fine the girls feel a bit the same but that can be easily fixed with more updates.
    the only problem this game has is the English and oh my god I saw bad English in games before but this is just awful to the point of mixing up (him) with (her) and (he) with (she) kind of bad, that's a must fix because this game has the potential to be a great one.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

Osider

So after the reork i redo my review.
    in short was better before the rework.

So let me explain why.

In the new version you have many case of choice who have disapeared from this new version where MC is later confronted to.

The rework removed some consistency in rare case, and also have removed the choice to be recentfull a little longer, because here he forgive very fast, maybe too fast.

But the thing, i say THE thing i really don't like at all is the fact that we don't controll the MC all time (i will not say more to not spoil, but you will understand when you will come to this point).

Good side the bug that where in V1 have vanished too.

So at the end
    -1 star for the choice lost,
    -1 star for the fact he forgive damn too fast (for the offence), i do understand he forgive but not this fast,
    -1 star for the fact we don't have the full controll of the MC.