VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - The Fate of All Fools [v0.1.1] [Saltato]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Ai Shoujo Fan

The Fate of All Fools 0.1

I don't like Ren'py games that prevent you from going into Options, Settings, or Preferences to do things like change audio volume, allow skipping, and so on.

No one likes it when you strip out or break Ren'Py default features and make the game worse than it has to be. It's like removing a car's headlights and windshield wipers because you want drivers to be more focused and have a higher difficulty challenge.

Someone once told me "get over yourself". I want to say those same words to the person who prevented me from using the skip feature and volume adjust.

I used the Unren tool to allow skipping. I fast forwarded through the dialogue to look at the renders. The game looks boring. The renders are often very dark and/or bleak looking. I agree with one poster in that it looks like the original 1998 Thief game, but less interesting. Nothing erotic in the arousing sense. Just a try hard game that focuses more on the story than anything remotely sexual. Might as well make it a PG game with glimpses of nudity. It's also just a first release so there isn't much content. You just see people talking. Then an unattractive girl is hiding her chest as you find her bathing in a nearby pond. The end. Some people might like this type of game, so maybe the developer should stick with it. Me, I'll pass. If you make a fantasy medieval game it has to be at least as sexual as Game of Thrones to make me interested. The very first episode of GOT already had taboo sex content.

This game might have interested me if I could have accessed the Options menu from the very beginning and if the renders were better. Almost all the renders were so dark that I couldn't see anything. And that's on a big screen TV with bright picture settings.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Iamthegoldengod

Let me pop that review cherry :)

Pros: Writing seems unique as it blends language structure and style of English from archaic periods with some hints of biblical themes. Sounds effects and transitions are pretty slick.

Cons: renders need better lightning, more music as project grows, UI improvements are needed so can easily read and spot them.

Verdict: wait till next few updates till the plot picks up.

Cheers!