Mod Ren'Py The Fiery Scion Multi-Mod [Part 1V2, Part 2 Update 19d][RiamMar]

Would you like to have the option to show the textbox ornaments?

• Yes

Votes: 183 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 6.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 122 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
mod for part 1 doesnt work on linux, this happens when trying to save

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 549, in execute
screen save():
File "game/screens.rpy", line 549, in execute
screen save():
File "game/screens.rpy", line 553, in execute
use file_slots(_("Save"))
File "game/screens.rpy", line 567, in execute
screen file_slots(title):
File "game/screens.rpy", line 567, in execute
screen file_slots(title):
File "game/screens.rpy", line 626, in execute
imagebutton auto "gui/button/page_button_left_%s.png" yalign 0.5 xoffset 100 yoffset 50 action FilePagePrevious() at page_button_left
File "renpy/common/00defaults.rpy", line 172, in _imagemap_auto_function
elif renpy.loadable(rv, directory="images"):
TypeError: ModCore_loadable() got an unexpected keyword argument 'directory'

Linux-5.15.0-113-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 x86_64
Ren'Py 8.2.0.24012702
The Fiery Scion Part1_V2
Wed Jun 26 22:04:08 2024
```
Use the mod v017c in the base folder. Mods for part 1 and 2 all-in-one now.

If there's a "book" icon in the bottom middle of the textbox, don't click it in Part 1, though. That's a part 2 feature.

Screenshot 2024-06-26 232725.jpg

Reactions: justintime16

Beachurmeat

Jul 3, 2017
There is an issue with your mod. In part 1, at the scene where the "thug" is attempting to stab Naesala and you are given the choice of either using ward or fireball, there is no option at all. No text box appears and you are stuck on the same image with no way of progressing. I had to save at that point, remove the mod folder, go back in the game and select the choice, and then replace the mod folder back into the game in order to continue. Just a heads up, as I was really confused at first.

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
There is an issue with your mod. In part 1, at the scene where the "thug" is attempting to stab Naesala and you are given the choice of either using ward or fireball, there is no option at all. No text box appears and you are stuck on the same image with no way of progressing. I had to save at that point, remove the mod folder, go back in the game and select the choice, and then replace the mod folder back into the game in order to continue. Just a heads up, as I was really confused at first.
Weird... Thanks for the info. I'll have a look later.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Did you have a choice filter set? It is currently recommended, that you turn off the "suggested choices" filter in the mod menu, since it's a bit buggy after merging both mods.
I will see that I get it fixed when I have a bit more time.
Screenshot 2024-06-28 140806.jpg

Beachurmeat

Jul 3, 2017
Did you have a choice filter set? It is currently recommended, that you turn off the "suggested choices" filter in the mod menu, since it's a bit buggy after merging both mods.
I will see that I get it fixed when I have a bit more time.
View attachment 3778165
Yes, I did, so that was most likely the source of the issue. Don't know why I didn't think to just turn it off instead of removing the whole mod, but regardless, I appreciate the support. Happy modding!

Reactions: RiamMar