Mod Ren'Py The Fiery Scion Multi-Mod [Part 1V2, Part 2 Update 18c][RiamMar]

Would you like to have the option to show the textbox ornaments?

• Yes

Votes: 183 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 6.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 122 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Okay, I don't think I'll be able to recreate the on/off thing, and I'm not sure sending you a save would help (especially since I don't remember WHICH save was the one I used). I had been playing a new run in 11 when 12 dropped I saw you'd already loaded a v12, so I downloaded that and started playing from the same point in the new run. That's where I noticed the missing button, and I just hit "off" and sent the message and continued. I tried loading older saves and saves from my previous run, but they all came up with "off" selected, so not sure what I could do to try and recreate it.

Also, in case it wasn't clear (and even if this is redundant), the whole updating the OP link to your mod wasn't about updating for the thread update, it was about moving the link from your post in the game's thread directly to this thread (which V did, just before making his post).

Anyway, downloaded new, properly-asterisked version and it seems to be working. Thanks as always.

(also, in the middle of writing this, my brain mixed up this mod with another mod transitioning between v11 and v12 that recently went through massive changes ... not that its relevant, but just saying there was a lot of editing of this post before I actually posted it ...)
Okili dokili, always keep the brain working! :D
Welp, we will just assume that the same had the bug and I fixed it in the meantime. Win-Win :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Elhemeer

RobLocksley

Oct 7, 2023
Thanks for the modification; makes The Fiery Scion (TFS) easier to play, when in some similar games, choices could have bad effects... no choice I made in TFS had a bad effect (I guess I took 'the good guy' route) though it's nice to see other options revealed.

Reactions: RiamMar

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Thanks for the modification; makes The Fiery Scion (TFS) easier to play, when in some similar games, choices could have bad effects... no choice I made in TFS had a bad effect (I guess I took 'the good guy' route) though it's nice to see other options revealed.
(y) for the avatar ... *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
You're welcome!
The good guy route is probably easy to pick. :D
I think I wrote it before, the game is pretty straight forward as can be seen with the bandit. So it's more about which flavour you like your coffee/tea/cocktail with and there's a lot of grey in those choices.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Will this wt-mod release have the changes that was done with v0.13b release changes?

13a: typos
13b: typos + bugs in the codex

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I can't really read the tracebacks, but my first thought is did you guys make sure the folder "mod" from the part 2 download is in the game folder for v13b only? (13 shouldn't be installed inside an older version of the game, and the mod folder shouldn't be nested anywhere except in the game folder).

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Can't access the mod menu. I get an error when I try
same thing happening to me
I'll have a look. Dunno what happened there. :eek:

Does the mod need an update for the 13b version?
Will this wt-mod release have the changes that was done with v0.13b release changes?

13a: typos
13b: typos + bugs in the codex
No, my mod will work with 13a and 13b. My mod doesn't overwrite files of the game itself, so the only thing that might happen would be, that the WT info for a choice won't show. I checked, and everything should be fine in that regard.

Reactions: MrBenny

BlacksmithAndre1

Nov 22, 2020
I can't really read the tracebacks, but my first thought is did you guys make sure the folder "mod" from the part 2 download is in the game folder for v13b only? (13 shouldn't be installed inside an older version of the game, and the mod folder shouldn't be nested anywhere except in the game folder).
Fresh install of the game and yes I made sure.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
The error opening the mod menu should be fixed. Should be ready to download in a minute.

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
From the preview pics alone, this has to be one of the best and most detailed Ren'Py Mod I've ever seen on F95.
Well done!

• Love

brorpag

Nov 22, 2020
tried to install it for version 12a, used the correct mod version but instantly crashes. any ideas?

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
tried to install it for version 12a, used the correct mod version but instantly crashes. any ideas?
There can be up to three text files in the base directory of the game that could help me figure it out.
log.txt, error.txt and traceback.txt

The log.txt should have the most info but the traceback is more detailed in where the problem happened, while the error has info on fatal error stuff (iirc, rarely use that file).

So if you could post those files here, I could have a look. Let's start with the traceback.txt, since it has less info about your system in it, that privacy concerned citizen might not want to share.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
I can't seem to access the second Cinthia scene in the massage place (the "pleasure her" option) I only see the "get in the hot spring option"
Not sure if this is a mod issue or choice issue, though I don't remember selecting anything that would turn that off

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I can't seem to access the second Cinthia scene in the massage place (the "pleasure her" option) I only see the "get in the hot spring option"
Not sure if this is a mod issue or choice issue, though I don't remember selecting anything that would turn that off
can you go into the mod menu and check the settings? In the route selection, make sure you turned of the harem filter. The filters turn the choices off. So if you are missing a choice, that would be the only reason I could imagine.
If you want to be sure, you can turn off all filters with "reset" and that should give you all available choices.

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
can you go into the mod menu and check the settings? In the route selection, make sure you turned of the harem filter. The filters turn the choices off. So if you are missing a choice, that would be the only reason I could imagine.
If you want to be sure, you can turn off all filters with "reset" and that should give you all available choices.
I has a similar issue, where both choices disappeared.

Hitting the reset button seemed to fix it and brings up both choices, but it also turns off the 'Good Guy' and 'Harem' route filters. Simply turning it off leaves you with "Just get in the bath" but leaves the 'Good Guy' and 'Harem' route filters on. Turning it back on leaves you with the "Pleasure her too" option, but again turns off the 'Good Guy' and 'Harem' route filters.

It seems odd that pleasuring her too, isn't the harem option.

Last edited: