VN - Ren'Py - The Fiery Scion [Update 17c] [Vander]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Blindshinigami86

Even though I just checked it out because I'm fond of Magic Fantasy it's really good. Some parts are fast but as you hear about the world you understand why. The story is slowly starting to ramp up and after reading about what the dev has been up to about the game I'm looking forward to more.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Arhiippa Pylkkönen

It's a harem game with an emphasis on breeding. However, the dev has spent some effort on world building that allows for decent characters and story, even when the MC impregnates (almost) every worthy female he comes across. While relationships are forced, it didn't bother me, since they all felt appropriate to the story, but pickier players might be bothered by the lack of choice in this regard. There are other choices in the game, although it's hard to say how much of an effect these will have, but thus far they have given the feeling of having some agency in who the MC is even if the breeding isn't avoidable.

The writing is decent and while there are lots of characters, they all have some personality. The world and story are also interesting. The only thing that drags this down from 5 stars is the graphical solution. But even there, the dev uses the limited engine quite well to tell the story and present the characters.

If the writing stays consistent or even improves, I'll keep playing regardless of the graphics, and it might be a very smart choice to first concentrate on the story and then do a graphics remake if there seems to be a bigger audience to be gained. Right now the consistent and decently sized updates might be more important than trying to enhance the graphics which might mess the workflow. If the end result cashes in all the potential, this might be 5 star regardless of the graphics.

v. 0.11c
  3. 5.00 star(s)

baconslut12345

Started this game for the h scenes but actually found myself getting more and more into the story. I look forward to see what happens next I hope I don't have to wait to long. The only thing I wish they would add to this is sounds during the H scenes.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

braendt

love the game.

I kept wanting to rate it slightly lower due to some of the tech concerns, such as:
    • the clonky, chunky renders
    • the occasionally not so great English
    • some of the OK but not fantastic animation work
    ...but I can't in good conscience rate it below a 5, because:
    • the character development, even for newly introduced characters is fun and interesting
    • the repopulation fetish is strong and pervasive in this one
    • the story is good enough, with just enough there may be something else going on here vibes to keep me, well... wanting more when I hit end-of-content, and being pleasantly surprised every time I see that there's new content that I want to download and devour immediately...
    • which is quite often, actually. the release cadence is fairly swift.
    so, yeah - actually one of my favorite games on F95 right now.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Zareem

One of my favorite games. Great lore, a great variety of LIs & people of various races & builds. Great story. I always want to know what happens next. The MC forms an adventurer's party that he goes on missions with, familiarizing himself with the world around him after he left a wizard's tower he was locked inside of until the beginning of the game.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Burgh917

Ok so while the renders are typical Ren'Py, the girls are cute and the animations are really good...the main reason i love this game so much is the writing. Loving the story so far. Oh and love the short stacks and the petites cannot wait for more. Awesome game!! :love:
  7. 5.00 star(s)

ixcez

Pleasently suprised with playing this game.

First off this game is or at least in my opinion is very heavy on the dialogue and it's world building which can be a let down to some but if you enjoy reading and it's about an interesting setting then this is a game for you.

The game so far at Update 8b is fairly straightforward with the player not having a lot of choices to make and the one's we are given I am unsure of how big of an impact they actually have in the game since I didn't replay the game to test the differences. A large part of that is because of the game being very linear the game size so far is very big which is honestly a good thing in my opinion since a lot of games on here instead opts to add a ton of choices to the players but in turn the gameplay is often times cut very short or the development time is very long because each time they add a new part that part has to be made 3-5 on average to incorporate all the different choices the player has made.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lastly while I do want the MC to bang most of the characters in the game, and I am hoping that a certain milf (and maybe another widow) will get the love and attention she deserves which her hubby can't give her. I really appreciate that the MC is actually someone fairly mature that doesn't just think with his D, though to be fair he does that a lot too but my point is there are actually women he's not putting his D in directly and actually seem to respect other male characters.

Didn't wanna talk to much about the game and it's story since it's pretty much the meat and bones here but I am looking forward to what will come out of this game.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Daskar69

The story is engaging and well crafted. My only complaint is that there are a few grammatical and spelling errors, but not enough to take away from the quality storytelling. The characters are well written and believable.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Jnx

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

English: 6
    User Interface: 8
    User Experience: 4
    Art: 6
    Dialogue: 4
    Story: 7
    Opinion: 3
    ------------------------------
    Avg: 5.43/10

Before I start my playthrough, all I remember about this story is my comments getting attacked in the forums. This story puts the ugliest MC in an isolated bubble, being the only man with a working penis in a 40 mile radius. His ego inflates immediately, and acts like a spoiled child when told no or asked to marry a princess he's already attracted to. He was rescued as a child, you'd think he'd be humbled and patient, but no. As soon as he's told, and I'm not making this up, that he can't cum inside all the maids because a waning lord's home can't afford to hire new help due to mass maternity leave, he actively whines about it. And not only does no one say anything to him, they backpeddle and coddle him. This is absurd, and screams incel. This weird "I'm an alpha male, but only by default, now give me chicken tendies" type person and I just do not like any of the dialogue. At least anything pertaining to sex or intimacy. In an AVN... That's unfotunate. It has this feeling of screaming "I have to be dominant at all times and if I'm not you're undermining my masculinity and I'm going to cry about it." I really could go on for a long time about the inferiority complex the MC has, but I do have to point out good things too. Like the world building. I think the world and lore is written very well. It does have an air of believability about it. I honestly think that if the MC was written better, and the English was written by someone that speaks English, this would be one of my favorites on this site.

On to the plot establishment. MC was locked in a tower to control his powers for 13 years. He, being an orphan, wants to start a family with his fiance and daughter. (But also has a serious impregnation fetish that actually negatively impacts the dialogue and story)There was a curse that made it so men are scarce and and it will be easy for him to have any woman he wants. Even though his face looks like overcooked bacon dragged across sandpaper. Bro says he's 25 but doesn't look a day younger than 60. Yikes. And his character flaws manifest immediately. In the intro, he asks about Karla, the fiance, and Athagan says "Once we get back, we'll contact her." And MC, in his usual fashion, says "NO LETS DO IT NOW." And, get used to this as well, Athagan rolls over and gives him what he wants. So much of the intro is just MC getting reward after reward for just existing, and it goes on forever. Everyone tells MC his brick wall of a face is attractive, it's a little laughable. It gets to the point I want to believe MC is having a fever dream the whole game about a better life outside of the tower. But let's be real, having a joke ending like that is wishful thinking. I'm not exactly sure about what the size of each update is, but the early game cements my distaste of MC's personality when he learns about the orphanage's money trouble. His face contorts in pure rage as something that isn't to his liking happens. He storms off to yell at daddy dearest. When he gets there, Athagan asks if his issue is urgent, MC admits it's not but he'll throw a fit if he's not heard immediately. I want to say, the idealism isn't lost on me, but the way MC handles everything is in poor taste and he always comes across as a man-baby. And the problem is solved by coincidence so it feels a little cheap.

The next bit of story is a little boring, MC forming his party. Avila's shopping spree, meeting Kes, Erika, and Monica is a lot of idle pleasantries. While I hope it's just to rush it out of the way for better story later, as per usual, it all just falls into MC's lap so easily. Hell, even a god intervenes to give MC a party member. That is instantly in love with him, mind you. I shouldn't have to tell anyone how tired of "instantly in love with MC" I am. I will say, the only almost funny part in the story is in the tavern when MC scares everyone with fire. Then the first of many bath scenes... Liliana reprimands her daughter for being self conscious and not show her body? It becomes an active argument, it's ridiculous. I understand the situation, there aren't many men so have lots of sex. But actively punishing someone for being reserved is stupid. Leading up to "awarding" Avila to MC because he exists? Never mind the fact this EXACT SITUATION happens again with the princess later only for MC to throw a hissy fit. Anyway, this section leads up to the party's first mission. They perfectly know where the bad guy is and catch him trying to assault another slave to add to MC's numbers after they beat the guy in three hits. Could have been interesting, could have been a tough battle, could have not also had them rewarded with the stuff the bad guy was gonna steal. But no. As per usual, MC can't work for anything. And then rewarded with more sex. I don't understand the MC either, he hates when women are sexually forward but that's all Karla is, and anyone but him making a sexual comment turns him off, but somehow he also loves it when they do? There's no consistency and it's frankly annoying. Do you see how I mean the MC is written poorly?

Eventually, you move onto Karla showing up. You get a semi-emotional reunion with Karla and Maria, I'll give it that. But Karla is the horny brain insert, never mind almost every other character doing it as well. Anyway, this point in the story is boring "Everything we said we were gonna do, we're doing now. So walk set piece to set piece, establishing what? That Karla is here? That was already said. All this leads to the second mission and the queen's visit. Second mission? MC knocked out and problem solved with him blacked out. And he brought a slave to get pandered with sex. Because god forbid there's more than 10 minutes without nudity. Then Aoife, the poorly named servant, threatens her best friend with actual death because she said "Stop hamming it up" as they had sex in front of everyone. It's honestly ridiculous. And even this far into the game it still zooms into MC's dick, I just don't get it. And Monica's entire "arc" is MC is the only decent man for miles and MC thinks she's hot. Cool. Leading to the queen scene... "I don't like being told what to do" and "JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO HAVE SEX AND ALWAYS WANT TO HAVE SEX DOESN'T MEAN I'LL HAVE SEX AT THE DROP OF A HAT." He's a spoiled brat with the face of 60 year old, give me a break. He has certain responsibilities now being the son of a lord, and its absolutely stupid after him talking about the declining birthrates not two nights prior. Marry the damn princess you stupid man-child. Men would be a commodity so fuck his temper tantrum. Both of them. As he yells at Sarah too just out of association. And the brain dead take that "She was mind controlled and his reaction was justified" is just that. Brain dead.

Its also around that point the English completely falls apart. The early bits of the story, I almost thought that there wasn't English issues. But my god, it becomes almost taxing to read. And eventually a woman tells MC no, something he said he'd never disrespect, and does the typical rapey "Oh.. A challenge." Just absolute slop. And its from here on out I just mentally check out. Nothing feels important, repeating information over an over everyone's naked most of the time, and anything serious is overshadowed by MC's horny brain or just plain putting it off until they can actually come up with details. And through the games MC, a person in power, shows favoritism to contestants. He literally does everything you shouldn't. And they watch the fights... But only see Cinthia at the end? That's not how tournaments work. Then another mission and MC is naked the whole fucking time. My god. I can't take it, there is no logical reason for them to have gotten naked, had sex, or stayed naked. Is it supposed to be funny? Because the one joke of this VN already happened, it fell flat. Virus outbreak, more nudity, MC uses his position to coerce Estrid just like he said he wouldn't. I'm not surprised or interested at this point, so all I'm gonna do is summarize and be done with this for my own sanity.

The English struggles. I think it sort of gets better closer to end of content, but I was honestly checked out and just noticed less. The UI is almost great. Names desperately need a black outline. The entire world and all the clothes are light brown. And the name of MC and all either no name characters are light beige and you can't see who's talking half the time. Otherwise, thank you for making a custom UI. The UX is fine, standard renpy bunch of non choices though. The art is fine, not the best honey select and looking at MC's neanderthal face is a lot to take in. The dialogue is almost great. WHEN IT'S NOT ABOUT SEX. But there's a lot of that in this. Listening to MC ogle the women and the skin crawling sex talk is not fun. The story is good, I like it, I wish the story took more precedence in this. But I think I made it clear why I don't like this. sue me.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Jack Nippleson

This is one of my favorite VN's thus far. Good story and great visuals. If you're a lover of escaping into a fantasy world. Give this one a shot. While you're at it do yourself a favor and check out:

Homelander
    Serenity
    Last Human

Thanks for sharing your vision and world with us.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Prontier

i love it. its a wonderful story. renders are quite good and you can dive into story like a good movie . characters are good. You definitly should try it. I cant describe it because of my English. But trust me and give it a try.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

tittenundso

It's a good harem power fantasy story. The characters are likable and most have personality/some depth and with adventuring there is something to mix it up and see. Overall I enjoy the read.

The models are not good however. It seems like 3 or 4 fem chars were handmade and the rest just random rolled in char creation. That would be fine for minor roles and maybe random concubines but even a princess and some party members are like that.
    E.g. Monica (girl left in banner) somehow looks as plain as 1996 Tomb Raider, just with rounder boobs.

Renders are passable. The lighting is often either very dark or high contrast. It's very hard to do right though and the brain fills in sufficiently
  13. 3.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Updated Review for 15d

I had a hard time getting into this when I first played it, but mentioned I'd maybe give it another go down the line. I have now pushed about an hour past where I first left off, and unfortunately I still feel largely the same. This game is not for me.

The Fiery Scion is maybe one of the most textbook power fantasy AVNs I have played on the site, almost sickeningly so honestly. Fresh out of a 13 year isolation where we trained our inherent mage powers, we emerge into a world where every single thing is handed to you on a silver platter.

Our teacher was a legendary hero, now lord of a small town. Naturally this means he conveniently has pretty much every resource we might need. Immediately he offers us an entire wing of his castle for us to live and build a harem in, and then later even offers us both his daughter in marriage and to formally adopt us so we can become the towns new ruler. Men are also a rarity in this world, which means every single woman immediately wants to fuck us and bare our children. Now keep in mind our master also got his dick cut off by a demon, so this extends to his many female servants as well.

It's a rare thing for male MCs to look decent, but man the protagonist in this one is actually so butt-ugly that it's making it even harder to take this game seriously. The game states our character is 25, but in a large amount of renders he has the face of 40 year old background thug #3. Combined with the fact that he just has no real charm to back it up, it feels comical more than anything to me. I don't find him a very interesting character to play as.

The games renders are very average, which means I'd be looking at the writing a lot more to make up for that. Unfortunately it does not carry enough for me. There is clearly some thought being put into the world and characters, but a lot of the dialogue felt weak. I'm not sure how much of it is due to translation, but often times I found the dialogue awkward, weirdly crude, or even juvenile at points. The few moments of action were over as quick as they started, and to be frank just aren't that impressive as action scenes. The rest of what I played was sitting in town as the MC gets handed more and more things while all the women fawn over him.

I just don't find this very compelling at the end of the day. I suppose it does its job of being a power fantasy, but I find every aspect of it so painfully average that I've now dropped the game for good.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

RikiTikiTavi77

This is the D&D Campaign I wanted to live since puberty. The story, characters, and world building have all been top notch. There are games with far better renders but few have such a compelling story to keep your interest. The writing is quite well done, though a native proofreader wouldn't be amiss as there are a couple typos and places where the sentence structure is out of order, but nowhere did I struggle to understand what was going on.

Probably the best fantasy romp I've played here, and I think it's unlikely I'll find one I enjoy more. This sets a high bar.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2755092

This one is another potential gem.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, mostly due to the renders/graphics, but it's still very good all in all.

This one, has a lot of sexy time, and despite that, it remains nice. It's not repetitive like other creampie simulator.

The story, while pretty simply so far, still keeps one's attention to it. Despite being fantasy, in the context, it remains fairly believable as well.

One could complain the MC is a bit too nice to the girls, it is somehow done well, and it does not feel like he's simping or being a beta either.

The only problem I have, is the amount of large breasts and butts, which is not my thing, but the girl's personalities are pretty good, so it compensates somehow.

There's a little over 5hours of content give or take as of V5b, which is a fair amount. A lot of sex scenes, quite a lot of girls as well.

There's potentially even more content, but I turned off the lesbian only scenes since it's not my thing.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

hermesh

A father figure that has a good, respectful relationship with the MC AND doesn't get killed off during the intro? Nice, love it!

Ok, mostly i love the diverse cast and thoughtful worldbuiling. The girls are hot and have personality. The world is interesting and feels internally consistent - i know almost nobody cares about this very much but i love they have actual battle tactics, strengths&weaknesses, the magic system, camping, setting up night watches - all the little details that often get glossed over are here. MC ist the leader but NOT all powerful etc. Even the "men are quite rare"-curse is well explained and fit into the world building, in many instances going beyond the usual reason 'cause we want more chicks throw themselves at the MC' (tho that also happens^^)

The MC is no egoistic manchild that gets off mistreating everyone, but ALSO not a weak, powerless and conflicted guy like some that take it to the other extreme. Powerfull, but not on a power trip. Lots of backbone. Horny, but also a good & respectful man and father.

Graphics are decent to good, not great, but the world and characters feel unique which is more important to me. Sex scenes are mostly warmup to vaginal sex, so the variety lies in the context, dialogue and involved LIs - but that also makes sense since pregnancy is a very strong goal in that world.

So a definite recommendation, looking forward to the next release.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

BadToBone

Really good premise. Doesn't look the best and there are quite a few typos but the story and the characters are fairly good. Also the mc isn't a weak pushover. He's actually a variable masculine man which is quite refreshing in these games
  18. 4.00 star(s)

peter1212

Quite a good game, plenty of content and an interesting story.

There were a couple of spelling mistakes, but nothing bad.
    The only thing I didnt really like was not choosing which women you want (or not want in this case), if that was possible I would have given it 5 stars.
  19. 3.00 star(s)

x7xas4UprEta

This VN starts out quite well for the first hour or so, with good world building, storytelling and decent enough sex scenes. Unfortunately, it slowly an inexorably goes downhill from there. The dev builds a world where women greatly outnumber men and end up basically throwing themselves at the MC, and the MC only very rarely refuses a woman, whom he makes either an additional wife , concubine or slave, depending on the circumstance. You end up needing a scorecard to tell who is who and lose any connection you might feel to any of the characters.

And some of the wardrobes of some of the characters are just plain bizarre. This is set in a medieval Europe type of setting, but in this world, slaves wear modern french maid outfits, even when traveling for days on dirt roads driving horse drawn carts.

Males in this world seem to have superhuman sexual endurance, able to ejaculate 5-10 times in a single day, every day.

When I finished the novel I was very disappointed What started out to be an interesting and very promising story became a simple endless loop of meet women, bed woman, add woman to household.

4-5 stars for the beginning, 1 star for the how it ends up, final rating of 3.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

Every1sGrudge

[Rev @ The Fiery Scion Update 4a]

Mmmm. yep, that'll do.

Art's nice. Some minor weirdness with fabrics and flat backgrounds but if yer starin at drapes in a porn game yer doin it wrong.

Writing is enjoyable. Scenario and narrative aren't the most novel, but handled well. Characterization is endearing. I will come back and find a way to nuke this rating to zero stars if Lord Dad is killed prematurely or poorly; he's one of my favorite characters. The one major gripe I have is that I don't care to see blood and gore in my porn game (particularly against women) and the couple instances of nuking the bandits from afar without even hailing them doesn't quite seem in-character.

Porn was very nice. Hope for more girl/girl and group sessions, but otherwise I very much enjoyed the proceedings. Reader beware: I have an impregnation fetish and so does about half the cast, so if that's not your bag you may not get the enjoyment I did.

Gameplay wasn't relevant: it's a VN and my usual gripes about those was washed away with the enjoyment on hand.

TLDR: Fuck yes.