Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Maybe your right. For some is bothering them, but if the whole game is free, why to subscribers and help, and for those who are, what compensation should I give them. Well, I stick with these choice until you prove me the contrari.
Tons of games around that are free after a length of time (with nothing removed), and doing just fine with subscribers, if people like the game, they will subscribe, if they don't, then they won't.
The bottom line really is, if people want to subscribe they will, but honestly (and this is just my opinion), chopping out a considerable portion of the content, forcing people to subscribe to get it, will probably annoy a lot more people and deter them wanting to subscribe.
You could add a gallery of non-canon images for subscribers only, something like that, something that doesn't remove anything from the main game, but paywalling a big chunk of the content is probably going to encourage leaking it more than anything, but in the end it's up to you.

Last edited:

Ciccio92

Jul 13, 2020
Tons of games around that are free after a length of time (with nothing removed), and doing just fine with subscribers, if people like the game, they will subscribe, if they don't, then they won't.
The bottom line really is, if people want to subscribe they will, but honestly (and this is just my opinion), chopping out a considerable portion of the content, forcing people to subscribe to get it, will probably annoy a lot more people and deter them wanting to subscribe.
You could add a gallery of non-canon images for subscribers only, something like that, something that doesn't remove anything from the main game, but paywalling a big chunk of the content is probably going to encourage leaking it more than anything, but in the end it's up to you.
Totally agree, giving extra and early access to subscribers, eliminating part in the game and giving only to subscribers could be a bad move, who grants that there will not be tier content? that can keep away people from pay the subscribtion

Reactions: SARBASST and gallll

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
Maybe your right. For some is bothering them, but if the whole game is free, why to subscribers and help, and for those who are, what compensation should I give them. Well, I stick with these choice until you prove me the contrari.
my question to you is ,is the subs only content about loli or have also the mifs there?if is loli i dont care,im only attracted to those 2 milfy's nad more if they come....

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
i dont agree in full to the subs patreon only stuff but i can see where the dev is coming ,what i will do is letting the public see after 2 last tier of subs get the new one,so be something like thispatron only 05p,2 weeks later public normal,patron only 06p public 05full,like many other devs do,one update for you one for all,and ppl will at least be happy that they dont have any problem with waiting,and maybe some of them will wnat to subs in the future,....

CommanderSirow

Oct 14, 2019
To chime in with my own two cents here. I would like to compare this situation to the struggles that video games went through decades ago, eg. big publishers, piracy and DRM. Or more specifically, subscribing to VN patreons/subscribestars vs downloading free copies is not so similar to buying a game vs pirating it...
To paraphrase the greate Gabe Newell to this matter: "Piracy is almost always a service problem"

Or to apply this to this case: You'll probably get people to subscribe to your VN development the way you are doing this, but it feels forced and more like "taking content away" then "providing a service for your fans".
So instead of withholding (main) content from the free version, instead offer something that will want people to support you, eg. like development blogs, votes about stories, scenes or renders people would like to see, an ingame gallery, additional renders, optional renders for existing scene, etc.

Steam and Early Access has proven that this model works.

#MyTwoCents

Ok-Dick

May 29, 2020
Hey, I have a bit of an issue with the gallery; I can't seem to open it. I hover the mouse over the picture, but nothing happens. i started the game from the beginning, but the issue remains. Anyone else with the same problem?

Hans_

Aug 13, 2017
Totally agree, giving extra and early access to subscribers, eliminating part in the game and giving only to subscribers could be a bad move, who grants that there will not be tier content? that can keep away people from pay the subscribtion
I think it is boring to not get it all for free as well, reading this I am not going to play it at all.
That being said, basically every game, YouTuber with Patreon and so on offer something extra for their supporters. When a dev post their "full" game here it can easily have been available for 2-4 weeks on their Patreon / Subscribestar or whatever. Also games are posted here without the devs consent, typically leaked by a supporter with early access, this is a pirate site after all.

Last edited:

The Narrator

Game Developer
Nov 14, 2023
Hey guys, I'm really sorry for putting the game behind a paywall and for not thinking about giving you the full game at least after a while. I really hope you understand, I would never want to disappoint you!
All I ever wanted was to make every single subscriber who believed in me and in this game feel appreciated.
I guess I didn't think about future supporters like you.
So, not to make it too long, I'm going to share the full game for free, without the hidden part (smols) after 20 days of its official release.
It was my mistake and I hope I haven't been too much of a disappointment to you.

mesmer11

Nov 27, 2018
I used the command but I couldn't see the trio, I didn't know what options you gave him at the party for it to happen
Even if you use the console command, the "free" version of the game is missing the render image files for the threesome scene. So you either have to pay to subscribe to a high tier on the Dev's SS page, or wait 20 days for him to release the SS Patron version to the public.

Reactions: Raizen84

Incest games fan

Jun 16, 2019
Unofficial compressed Android port for The Five Star Stories [v0.7] [The Narrator]

Download android port 0.7
| |
(295 MB)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you want you can support me here:
*This unofficial port/mod is not released by developer, download at your own risk.​
ThaNKS. I don't trust JoiPlay nowadays

Reactions: phdusa1
3.70 star(s) 14 Votes