VN - Ren'Py - The Gain Trials [v1.6.1] [Bladerune9]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Rogue21

I've never really dabbled in this kind of genre before, so take my review with a grain of salt.

Pros:

- The animations are amazing and fluid. A couple of small critiques when the stomachs are expanding for example but overall they are really good

- 3 girls to slowly transform (as of 1.6.1)

- Plot is interesting and somewhat unique

Cons:

- It's the same sex animation over and over again

- The mixing minigame isn't the best. It's confusing and I just randomly guessed till I got it right

- No gallery

Try it out, the renders and animations are great but the gameplay is leaving a lot to be desired.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Trakzer

Oh wow new fetish unlocked. I wasn't much into bbws and inflation but this game made me rethink my kinks. It probably only deserves a four stars as of now since it's quite unfinished yet but the girls are pretty cute and the plot is not so bad, although very repetitive, but i want to endorse it as much as i can right now because i really want to see more of this.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Sinxflavio2

This was going to be a reply in the forum, but endend up becoming review material

Bro came in, dropped one of the best breast expasion games, left the room, refused to elaborate

Talking seriously this game is really good, the BE content is great, i'm not a fan of huge bellies(especially when the breasts dont grow along, i'm talking to you Krystal), but this game and fattening career made me question my ideals, the only downside imo is that the game has only one sex scene(it makes sense in lore cuz MC is literally doing the sex for the work), but imagine any of the girls in a ride scene, that would be legendary; the difference of the girls body growth was a nice add, poor Krystal, but i didn't disliked her, her goth style got me thrilled, still, to me the bodies of tracy and sarah were top tier, Tracy because her body balanced perfectly for a huge ass theme(tits and belly growing along, but not surpassing the ass growth), and sarah body omg, her body was the perfection imo, growth perfectly spreaded, just a little of fat going into belly and arms, but still being there, and perfectly spreaded to her tits and ass, kinda reminded Lyn body growth which is my favorite in FC.

To summarize this being just a small game, delivers a lot, the star left can be justified for being a small game/sidework, but still something, so it is due the fact that after the half of the game the dialogues are just the same ones over and over, Tracy relationship never got mencioned again, which kinda of was a thing for me, i wouldn't call a lack of development of the characters the thing that happens after half of the game, the thing is that the first half develops the game and the second just don't;

Overall, good job dev, the game is good in its purpose, i foresee the game after fattening carrer drinking from this fountain, lore wise, scene wise please don't(don't talking about the animation), model wise please yes, just to think something out loud, my opinion, i didn't like too much male model appearing in games in general, face wise in this case, the lack of cumming scenes bothered me too, and a little bigger dick would be cool( thats is just an intrusive thought of mine)
  4. 5.00 star(s)

moonslashx

Sometimes simply making a fat of she is enough but this game takes it further allowing for multiple fats of she. 10/10 would play anything by this dev.

Hopefully that satisfies the stupid text requirement.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Demoness_Kiss

Reviewing v1.1

Pros
    - The graphic is averagely good, personally i don't like Krystal's long nails(they look like shiny/translucent claws)
    - The "plot" is linear and simple, you don't need to be a rocket-scientist to figure it out (XD)
    - The amount of content is satisfying

Cons
    - The dialogues are mostly the same 20 lines but repeated over and over and over, you can't skip through them because the game "thinks" they're new, but MC's boss at every stage of the girls will insist that MC should be more independent and push the girls to their limits, which and she'll repeat these lines at every stage(now I'M repeating myself XD)
    - The lack of an epilogue, because the game has an ending and the dev moved on to another project (Fattening Career), basically MC is released of his duty because the research is done, but we don't know what will happen to the girls. It's the classic "ehy MC thank you for everything and BYE!" then black-screen and the "credits" roll in.
    - Like the dialogues, even the scenes are basically the same, including the animations aside for the fact that the bodies do grow, but that's it, same positions, same dialogues, like i said, the only thing that truly changes are the girls' bodies which is the point of the game, but yeah lack of fantasy, everything feel like a ground-hog day loop

Conclusions
    The game is averagely good considering that there aren't many games of this genre (i mean, body-growth/breast-expansion/ass-expansion), and the main issue is how repetitive the whole thing is, and the lack of a true epilogue which is something i personally dislike.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Crutuc

Short game, which doesn't have heaps of content (which is exactly what creator wanted to do), which has a great weight gain + breast expansion combination. Although most of scenes are similar, I'd still rate it 5/5
  7. 4.00 star(s)

libertypics

A four, with hopes it becomes a five since it's only first release... but fears it'll drop to a three or two if it doesn't clean up the grind/pointless repetition.

Concept and renders are excellent unfortunately the reused poses need to have some diversity added to them in future releases (missionary, mating press, anal, whatever). Also the 'game play' of 'repeat X step for exact same scene X times to unlock new', that's grind not game play.
    Overall though for a first release, and that's all it is right now, it's solid. Hopefully it improves, cuts down the grind as game play, adds some additional positions, and definitely adds more lactation play (sucking, different milking macines, bondage milking, you name it) which is where it's already showing great potential.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

KL-001-A

Call it a 2.5/5 rating, not 2, honestly.

The good stuff:
    -The art
    -The animations
    -None of the usual horrifying teeth stuff a lot of DAZ models have
    -The characters themselves get some pretty nice shapes.

Bad stuff:
    -Boobs are shaped oddly in some angles and scenes
    -The game is an endless cycle of the same handful of scenes forever, I'm not sure there's even an end to it.
    Meet girl, chat a little, feed, [optionally fuck], watch shrink, breasts expand, milk girl, say goodbye.
    Meet girl, chat a little, feed, [optionally fuck], watch shrink, breasts expand, milk girl, say goodbye.
    Unlock next girl of 3.
    After every handful of repeats, she permanently goes up a weight class.
    -The dialogue barely changes in each run, the animations are reused again and again, and the whole game is like this, just an endless cycle of the same content over and over

After a little handful of scenes, I switched to using my autoclicker on the game to get it to pass quicker, but even that was mostly watching endless repetitive cycles.
    It'd be a lot better if each girl had vastly different camera angles, or took different poses when doing their thing, but they don't really do that.

EDIT: forgot to mention one girl gains weight differently than the other two, she gets bottom-heavy, but honestly the three girls shapes weren't THAT different.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

reeeeee2323

An amazing concept with great renders yet nearly nothing to do. Every single scene is the exact same with no change, down to the same recycled dialogue each time. Skip unseen text is a necessity with this game, because the "unseen text" has been seen 20 other times. Keeping an eye on this game because it really could be something in the future.