RPGM - Completed - The Genesis Order [v1.02] [NLT Media]

1. 3.00 star(s)

PR Mitter

The Genesis Order is way worse than Treasure of Nadia. There is almost no character developement here in this VN. In TON I love a few characters but here, I couldn't, in fact I hate most of the characters. The only one I found attractive was Lillian(Littith) and Chloe, both had very poor character development. I wonder whether the story team changed because, at the beginning there was a steady character development going on and then it disappeared.
    Very disappointed playing this game. I had high hopes for NTL media.
    ABout the artwork, NTL always excel at that, so no comment here. I just wish there were more 1-1 scene with Lillian as it was my favorite character here.

I believe the disappointment is mainly because of the trailer. The trailer seemed to be so story focused for TGO and for the new SOS too. But the Genesis Order was dull storywise. When people don't get what they're promised they tend to do that. The first 2 games were heavily story focused with lot of fun. So, they had growing fans.
    I hope NLT Media learns from it and improve the Symphony of Serpents game. The trailer looks promising. All they need to do is to keep the player engaged in the game story and mystery. Their models and animations are already genre's best. The story needs to bet at least previous level. Let's not talk about grinding and so on. People who like sandbox or rpg game don't really mind that much. But there were some really stupid grinding stuff improved in TGO which made TON kinda boring. So, making SOS successful is only depending on a successful story.

SN: Also those who are giving 1 star, are they really reviewing the game or reflecting their personal disappointment? This game has the best artwork in the industry. That alone should be enough for 2-3 stars. Also the 5 star reviews are disappointing too. Definitely TGO doesn't deserve it.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

PatrickNoxn

The sequel to the great Nadia, the character modeling has improved again, it is happy, the work is still around the sexual artifact, the sequel is still slowly improving on the basis of the previous game, the story is slightly boring, maintaining the classic small game and good interaction, is still the best CG dynamic in the industry, the main story has ended.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

thorfinnskull

Story follows Treasure of Nadia. Little convoluted but not bad. Meanders a bit. Great looking models, fairly solid animations. Love interests are mostly the usual types plus a few that are a bit more unique. Milfs and maidens(young but clearly over 18), no extreme body types, just varying types of swimsuit model. Everybody is horny and though I haven't made it through all the way, I'd wager a jelly donut that all the girls are bi. Puzzles aren't hard, and there's an in-game Oracle you can check if you get lost. I have had to check a walkthrough a couple times, though. Fun way to spend a half hour or two every now and then.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Gari Fuze

Insanely high on chore/grind gameplay that requires second monitor with walkthrough glued on it. No other way around, you cannot guess or figure out how to play this.

Models and scenes are actually alright, although leaning towards fat body type/milfs.

I don't think there is a credible story in this game, it is just nonsense. Author could just take any existing story and add smut making a much better game.

The game interface is terrible, non-friendly. Same with save files that hide in some remote folder.

What to add, ridiculous boring scenes where the MC sleeps with a harem of 15-20 women. Have not seen a way to skip the scene replay, so I had to just quit game to do that.
    There endless slow paced transitions to black in each scene.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

megadux

This game follows in the footsteps of the previous two, only I'm getting bored of the recipe:
    the story isn't as exciting, and it's written a bit too tongue-in-cheek, even for an erotic game,
    the game mechanics are worn out,
    the women's physiques are outdated, too smooth, too bimbo, and the age differences not clear enough,
    there are other fetishes to explore besides the incestuous lesbian orgy,
    the main character has the charisma of an oyster,

Production quality is still present in terms of animation and on-time delivery. As a result, we're expecting the next game to be a real step forward, and not just isometric.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

xXxNeospiritxXx

thought i would give this one a try after i was pretty impressed by ToN but this one right here seems like a huge downgrade in almost every regard.

story just seems like an uninspired fuckfest. if you are not into big tits and/or milfs, better stay away from this game, way to many of them. by far the ugliest "not mother" in the NLT series.

the only thing NLT does great and is comparable with ToN are the animations. everything else is just bad.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

dodgingnoir

1 - The Adventure: 3.5/5 - well written linear story. there is no decision making involved.
    2 - The MC: 4/5 - average looking guy with no special characteristics/powers and of bellow average intelligence.
    3 - The ladies: 4/5 - the game has good aesthetic variety
    4 - The sex scenes: 4/5 - very nice animations, good variety of foreplay; use of toys and positions.
    5 - Optimization: 1/5 - because the story is linear the game breaks whenever you don't follow the script. if you do a quest out of order, or trigger an event by mistake you end up getting stuck either in a small area from which you can't escape(opening the Reliquiae box after you fix the church roof but before going to sleep for example makes the MC get stuck in the church library corridor with the chest and barrel blocking one side and the puddle blocking the other). There's also an issue with sound effects during sex scenes - turning off moaning/sfx in the settings has no effect(this particular "feature" was present in Treasures of Nadia as well). The list of bugs goes on but outside some minor QOL issues, if you save often and don't mind the occasional reload, the game is playable.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Story isent bad but expect some grinds and puzzles since it is a sandbox game, the most annoying part of the story is the so called love bug/virus its just a stupid excuse to force LIs on you, and if there is one ting i hate in games its when a LI you hate is forced on you, and it happens none stop in this one, its more like a pointless fuckfest with feelings or romance involved.

There are no choices in the game so dont really understand why it dosent have the kinetic tag since you have no controle, not with relationships not with the story or anything else.

The writting in this story is so bad or just idiotic, the constant having sex in all the worng places, getting caught over and over, fucking at the absolutly worst times possible, like when MC ic tied up and 2 goons are going to get a gun to kill MC he starts fucking Nellie, its just to weird to stupid, even if you blame the virus then everyone should be fucking 24/7 including the bad guys.

As for the girls if your not into big tits and milfs you proberly want to pass this game up since it gets boring if all girls are just a turn-off to you, they really should have made diffrent builds insted of having focus on only a single big tit fetish.

MC feels a bit brainless and without balls, its like hes an absolut sub and everyone else a dom, he rarely speakes up for him self and gets pushed around alot, like with Erica falls to the floor and say MC finger me, you cant say no MC just drops down and starts....same when she visit MCs house you just fuck her, you cant say no or stop it in any way, 0 choices 100% kinetic.

Also feels idiotic when he wants to be with Chloe why would he fuck around before figuring out what to do with her....but you will be forced to fuck all the most ugly old ass milfs with saggy tits if you like it or not, even people you cant trust or is under investagation for murder it simply just dosent make any kind of sense, no one can be that brainless.

Some might blame it all on the sex virus but it just dosent make sense either since they can stop any time they want to like when someone walks in on MC and someone else they just stop stright away, so its simply just a poorly written story with a MC that has 0 IQ, the sound he makes where he sounds supprised fits him since hes truely clueless about everything.

And MC is fine and happy to have sex with the mother to the girl he wants a real relationship with, in what world would that even make sense....

Its one of those type of games where girls pretty much trows them selfs at MC, no romance build-up or anything, even when Chloe and Hannah sees Erica in her underwear it wont change anything with them later on, but its also really poor writting that she comes out of the room like that when she knows MC is with someone.....it just make it all feel idiotic and pointless all to create some meaningless drama wit Hannah and Chloe...

Also not a fan of making every single girl BI, whats the point....why not just make them all pure lesbians and turn MC gay it would make about the same sense.

Virgin scenes are really bad, girl goes "oh my god its in me" and then when they are done "oh it hurt a little bit going in" thats it....

Story 1/5
    Main story is fine and interresting but its all destroyed when a game becomes unplayable from having 0 choices and being a full kinetic story, i dont like playing kinetic storys due to not having a say in who you want to fuck.
    And the sex virus thing i also thought was stupid same as the brainless submissive MC with no balls.

Girls/LIs: 2/5
    I dident really like most of the girls, to me they look pretty old and ugly except maybe one or two like Hannah was fine, also not a fan of how all the girls/LIs has the same build big tits and thats it, seen one naked you seen em all, kinda ruins the game a bit that there arent something for everyones taste.

Animations: 3/5
    They are pretty good, but cant be skipped which is bad when you keep seeing scenes that are forced on you and which are a pure turn-off to you.

Music/Voice: 4/5
    The music is a bit average, but the voices in some scenes does add some quality to the game.

Sandbox: 2/5
    Alot of small puzzles that you will either hate or like, there is a bit of a grind to it all as well, i normaly dont mind it that much but there is sooo much of it in this game, some of it dident feel that bad but it does get boring in the long run farming money in the forest.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

anonymousguys

The model in this game look 5 times way better than NLT previous games

That Boss,Nun and the Maid is really my type I really love them

Everything seems nice in this game but it crash a lot on mac same as NLT previous games and no latest version on mac too

Story is linear it need a choice
  10. 3.00 star(s)

TheSmartAssLion

This is basically a rip from my opinion in thread, but I feel it sums up my opinion well:

While I do love NLT games and Genesis Order generally, holy shit the developers/game are so much worse at directing you with hints in the late game compared to Nadia that this game gets genuinely frustrating to the levels of Lust Epidemic again, which is a direct and large step backwards imo. Sometimes I got stuck with Nadia, but usually felt on track even after a week or two off given hints. Some of the hints in this game barely direct you at all, and when you have month+ long hiatuses between connected story beats that can get frustrating. Overall I am happy but I hope the completed game is more cohesive and less clunky than it has been coming out in update chunks.

Edit: Additionally, since I have seen a few asking why TGO is rated lower than the other NLT projects, I will add that while visually better, it isn't the same jump TON got from LE on top of TON adding systems like the shop, treasure hunting, and frankly more interactive puzzles (LE did not have the switch and boulder mechanics if I remember correctly, as well as lacking the puzzle mode TON added). On top of that a bigger map and broader (if less fleshed out) story made that game a sequel who could easily be viewed as superior. TGO feels like TON expansion pack Miles Morales. Slightly better graphics, slight changes to mechanics, but mostly the same game with new faces. I really do like it, but I hope the follow up falls more in with LE->TON than TON->TGO.

Much like LE, TGO is a good game. Unlike LE, it isnt the first in the series or from the developer. So instead of a 4 its a 3.5 for me, but I want my rating to reflect clearly that they missed the mark so I am rounding down to 3. TON is a 4.5 I would round up, because I would like to see more of that gameplay and storytelling level improvement that was not present with TGO. If NLT sees this and takes it to heart, I can only appreciate that level of fan engagement. Keep up the great work guys.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

veibvux

This used to be a fantastic game but with the story line over and the mini games added, it is just repetitive and boring. I can't wait for the boring game to finally be over so they can focus on a new game
  12. 4.00 star(s)

FlyerReady

I love this game. There's definitely been some upgrades since Treasure of Nadia (though I enjoyed that as well).

Things I like:

You can skip cutscenes if you've already seen them. I've recently deleted the save data of several games that I've been playing for months by accident. The fact there's a "speedrunning mode" is awesome. I completed the game much faster than I did before.

The angelcraft. With the angelcraft, you don't have to run around looking for the recipe of something you need to make. There were several times where I was playing Treasure of Nadia where I'd have to remake an item and run around looking for the recipe because I forgot what it is and where it is.

There are some things that I didn't like that I feel I must mention though:

I'm not a fan of the puzzles. I feel like the games are challenging enough. The puzzles aren't really needed in my opinion. There's also the puzzles with the green demons. Screw those puzzles. It's irritating having to make them do the opposite of what you do. The only redeeming thing about the puzzles is that you don't have to do a bunch of side quests to unlock them like in Treasure of Nadia. They're automatically unlocked.

Another thing I'm not a fan of is the fact that treasures in this game don't pop up as much as in Treasure of Nadia. In that one, as soon as you enter the park or jungle the treasures as well as coins would pop up, making it easier to get money. In this one, they kinda take a minute to pop up, and even then, it's very little. That makes it really difficult to make money.

Looking for the keys. Just like with Treasure of Nadia, we have to look for keys to open the chests to get K-pages. The keys are WAY TOO easy to miss to the point where after completing the main story if you haven't collected them, you'd have to spend likely hours looking for the ones you've missed. If anything, I feel like finding the keys are even MORE difficult than they were in Treasure of Nadia. Like I said in my review for Treasure of Nadia, I'm fine with needing the keys to open K-pages. What I'm not fine with is (hypothetically) spending hours looking for a single key. Even with a walkthrough, it'd take a while to find the key because you may have already gotten the same key, but used it on a different chest. I think we should be able to just buy keys like in Treasure of Nadia.

Two words: Shooting. Challenge. Fuck the shooting challenge. It's bad enough doing the stupid target practice to get the gun a bit earlier in the game. Unfortunately, if you've finally completed the target practice to get the gun and thought it was over, THINK AGAIN. Later in the game, you have to do a stupid shooting challenge.

Other than that, I'm still loving the NLT games. They're all awesome.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

brian09

I've played TGO up to version 87.

What I liked:
    1. the models are great. my favorites are the angel, Lilian, and Melissa.In the typical game, the models are more average than the women you meet in real life. Here, the faces are nice, and the bodies have ideal proportions.
    2. NLT has a formula, they stick to it and finish the game, unlike most devs.
    3. enough hours of game play - half a week in my case.
    4. the oracle - could be improved for idiots like me who don't care for the puzzle aspect of the game.
    5. angelcraft is a major improvement compared to TON.

What I don't like that much:
    1. constantly digging for artifacts. There was enough of that in TON.
    2. having to go through invisible walls to get to invisible items. I'm quite sure I missed a key, walkthrough and all.
    3. the puzzles. I didn't like them in TON, either.
    4. There wasn't enough angel content. She's my favorite.
    5. There is scope creep. In LE, Brad was trying to get some action, in TON, they are already finding the fountain of youth, and in TGO, they are saving the world. In the meantime, the average player merely gets from one chest to another.

Things I'd improve:
    1. stylistically, the back and forth between the oppressive world of the Guild and Madalyn's and the carefree lives of Hannah and Chloe, is a bit jarring. I'd do away with Hannah and Chloe story arcs.
    2. nun and angel corruption are underrepresented.
    3. get rid of the angel's puzzles.
    4. Shorten the animations, make sure that every found item comes with a small reward.
    5. I'd focus more on developing the relationship between the girls and the MC than on saving the world from demons.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Brellium

Excellent follow up to Treasure of Nadia, with great story, great animations, great gameplay. I don't understand why people give low rating... The update regularly and talk to the community too. One of the top games on here by a long margin and more games on the way!
  15. 2.00 star(s)

Croftee1

Renders are top tier but that's pretty much it's redeeming quality. Characters are uninspired and generic, both in looks and personality.

Animations are good but a lot of it is just obvious motion capture

I guess it's fine if you just want a quick wank rather than something with some kind of depth to it
  16. 5.00 star(s)

nishachor

TGO is a well-made game with a great story and characters. The gameplay is also engaging and challenging. However, the ending does feel a bit rushed and unsatisfying. The game could have given more closure on the main character's relationships.
    Overall, TGO is a great game. However, the ending could have been better. I hope that NLT will improve the ending in the next part of the saga.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

MixQQ

+ music
    + animations
    + game has funny moments
    + girl-girl action

- too many threesomes and orgies, sometimes mc looks like third wheel in them
    - he is a dildo for the girls, a real pathetic toy
    - there is no real connection between mc and girls, all of them are just fuck buddies - nothing more
    - turning every girl into BI is stupid
    - story started promising but after some time is one big mess
    - final sex scene is disappointing, should be much much longer

if you looking for romance or even a relationship - you can't find it here. mc is also an obedient puppet with IQ = 0
  18. 3.00 star(s)

TheSagMan

V86091

I base my reviews on 4 things.
    Art, gameplay, story and amount of content.

Art 5/10
    Game is pretty old at this point and it shows, the renders are not good... Seen worse though.

Gameplay 9/10
    The puzzles are really interesting, i really enjoyed the gameplay.
    Reminds me of the old tomb raider games... If you get really stuck there are tips that are actually helpful.

Story 5/10
    Incest ruined it for me and the story is pretty flat and boring.

Content 6/10
    There is a lot of content but the quality is not good, its outdated.
  19. 3.00 star(s)

kinkai

I have to say that TGO is not comparable to ToN. In TGO we get better sound in animations but overall ToN is the best. But TGO is still better than the average of current titles. Because of the high expectations for NLT, I give it 3 stars. Hopefully, the new game will do better.
  20. 2.00 star(s)

Jim jonas

don't know what went wrong, but came to a point it said "completed the chapter, thanks for playing," waiting for a character, but nothing afterwards. i was going to reload, but that would take hours and data I just didn't care enough to do so. the main character is so bland, I kinda wished one of the previous main characters could take over. it's just a minor quest / major grind / minor puzzle game with good animation and character design. I'll wait for it to be complete, so i can get it all finished in the one go.