Vender

Mar 26, 2019
Now I completed the game once. Although I do not like visual novels, I decided to play this game. I liked the game, despite the fact that a lot of things have not yet been implemented. I decided to look at "Halloween 2018". I did not expect to get such a terrible impression. And this impression greatly spoiled my mood. What did I expect? A good, PEACEFUL story. What is the result? They try to kill the main character at almost every step. And whose fault is it? The fault of the "creator"! I VERY DISLIKED that the "creator" is mocking his character! And who does the game developer want to introduce himself to? An impudent bastard who only does that adds evil to history and spoils the fate of his own character! YOU SHOULD HELP YOUR CHARACTER, AND NOT DESTROY HIS DESTINY !!! It follows from this that due to this I have developed a negative attitude towards the "creator". The protagonist is much better compared to the "creator". And if you had created "Christmas 2019", would you have made the same horror, creepy story with Bad Santa, Krampus ?! Oh my God, developer, you can’t even imagine how terrible and negative influence you had on me!:mad:

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Now I completed the game once. Although I do not like visual novels, I decided to play this game. I liked the game, despite the fact that a lot of things have not yet been implemented. I decided to look at "Halloween 2018". I did not expect to get such a terrible impression. And this impression greatly spoiled my mood. What did I expect? A good, PEACEFUL story. What is the result? They try to kill the main character at almost every step. And whose fault is it? The fault of the "creator"! I VERY DISLIKED that the "creator" is mocking his character! And who does the game developer want to introduce himself to? An impudent bastard who only does that adds evil to history and spoils the fate of his own character! YOU SHOULD HELP YOUR CHARACTER, AND NOT DESTROY HIS DESTINY !!! It follows from this that due to this I have developed a negative attitude towards the "creator". The protagonist is much better compared to the "creator". And if you had created "Christmas 2019", would you have made the same horror, creepy story with Bad Santa, Krampus ?! Oh my God, developer, you can’t even imagine how terrible and negative influence you had on me!:mad:
Let me get this straight... You expect something... Peaceful... On a halloween story?

614VmsFwoNL._SX466_.jpg

And don't worry, you get used to the Writer, yours trully, mocking the player at every step of the game.

Vender

Mar 26, 2019
Let me get this straight... You expect something... Peaceful... On a halloween story?

View attachment 407973

And don't worry, you get used to the Writer, yours trully, mocking the player at every step of the game.
By the word “peacefully” I meant that, for example, in “Halloween 2018” the girls would be in appropriate costumes, make a surprise for the hero or something else. And everything would end peacefully, in principle. What did you do? You made a horror movie from Halloween. Do you have Halloween associated with bloodshed, and not with costumes, pumpkins and other things, for example? Or did you watch too many horror films before creating "this"? And for what else would the Predator be there if it is not a character from the Underworld? I don’t understand what you were counting on to create this. One cruelty, a kind of visual novel in the form of a horror movie. No good and pleasant experience. So I was in a bad mood, but I played this game, but did not expect to see what I saw in "Halloween 2018". It is necessary to warn.
18-26-08-picard-facepalm.jpg

Last edited:

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
By the word “peacefully” I meant that, for example, in “Halloween 2018” the girls would be in appropriate costumes, make a surprise for the hero or something else. And everything would end peacefully, in principle. What did you do? You made a horror movie from Halloween. Do you have Halloween associated with bloodshed, and not with costumes, pumpkins and other things, for example? Or did you watch too many horror films before creating "this"? And for what else would the Predator be there if it is not a character from the Underworld? I don’t understand what you were counting on to create this. One cruelty, a kind of visual novel in the form of a horror movie. No good and pleasant experience. So I was in a bad mood, but I played this game, but did not expect to see what I saw in "Halloween 2018". It is necessary to warn.
View attachment 408716
I think you got and then you didn't got the whole Special theme... It's actually a big nod to all the horror and slasher movies from the 80s and early 90s.

But then, you're the first one to complain about THAT aspect of it...

Vender

Mar 26, 2019
I think you got and then you didn't got the whole Special theme... It's actually a big nod to all the horror and slasher movies from the 80s and early 90s.

But then, you're the first one to complain about THAT aspect of it...
I'm sorry, I just wanted to express my opinion. I generally do not like when in games of this genre there are bad endings and the like. I wanted to give a similar opinion, for example, to the developers of the game "Lust Affect". But this is the first such game about which I expressed my opinion.

Reactions: Lykanz

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
It is fine to express an opinion. Not liking something is perfectly okay.

Without giving anything away the game already has some violence in it. Now if his Easter/St. Patrick's day/Christmas/New Year/Thanksgiving/Chinese New Year/Valentine's Day/Boxing Day/Rest of game/etc... All turn into violent horror slasher film throwbacks then it makes more sense to complain. Halloween/Devil's Night has always been about spirits and the unknown and later on horror/demons/slasher films. It is part of the zeitgeist of the 80s/90s which this referenced.

Reactions: Wyrme and Lykanz

ParadoxZero

Mar 28, 2018
Just wait for the next Halloween Special in 2027 where Lykanz plays a trick on us and treats us to the finished version of the rework.
Obligatory UpdATe wEn?

• Wow

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I'm sorry, I just wanted to express my opinion. I generally do not like when in games of this genre there are bad endings and the like. I wanted to give a similar opinion, for example, to the developers of the game "Lust Affect". But this is the first such game about which I expressed my opinion.
Nah man, relax, it's fine. I just found it... Odd.

But I get what you're saying.

It is fine to express an opinion. Not liking something is perfectly okay.

Without giving anything away the game already has some violence in it. Now if his Easter/St. Patrick's day/Christmas/New Year/Thanksgiving/Chinese New Year/Valentine's Day/Boxing Day/Rest of game/etc... All turn into violent horror slasher film throwbacks then it makes more sense to complain. Halloween/Devil's Night has always been about spirits and the unknown and later on horror/demons/slasher films. It is part of the zeitgeist of the 80s/90s which this referenced.
Tbh with you, I have no idea what other specials will be done, if ever.

Just wait for the next Halloween Special in 2027 where Lykanz plays a trick on us and treats us to the finished version of the rework.
Obligatory UpdATe wEn?
SHHHHHH!!!

I told you not to leak release dates!

:cautious:

Vender

Mar 26, 2019
Nah man, relax, it's fine. I just found it... Odd.

But I get what you're saying.

Tbh with you, I have no idea what other specials will be done, if ever.

SHHHHHH!!!

I told you not to leak release dates!

:cautious:
2027 - it's a release date? Hah, no way!

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Progress tracker updated (about fucking time tbh).

Development update post on Patreon will come later today, so stay tuned!

Reactions: Een Vieze Vent
4.10 star(s) 98 Votes