Ren'Py - The Inn [Ch. 2 v1.01.01] [Lykanz]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Hephannon

I don't rate VN here usually, but play a lot.. And well this one is the only one those last year that I've found as funny as it is hot !
    Dialogues are correctly written, animations are very well done, it's sexy and funny as hell, no crap grind, and even the music is good
    Kudos to the Helicopter :)
  2. 4.00 star(s)

bubblebutt123

Any game that allows me to play as Asian Handsome Squiward is a hit in my book!

Models 6/5 - top fucking notch (more linda mae, every time). very attractive and uhh fun camera angles!
    Writing 3.5/5 - it can be a bit cringe but I find it funny most of the time. Heavy on the memes at times but I usually get a kick out of them. Dialogue does drag at points. Sometimes less is more.
    Story 3/5 - Nothing crazy, but not sure it has to be!
    Music 5/5 - At this point I have a hard point playing these games WITHOUT some music. And this one nails it.
    Overall visuals 5/5 - you can tell the developer took a lot of time in creating the different environments and settings.

The wardrobe changes on the phone are a nice touch. Hell even the models spin. Nice touches like that add to a great overall aesthetic and look/feel.

Overall it's fun, sexy and entertaining.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

dhenfreitas

The game is very well made.
    The author took care of a whole of things, everything has a place, he managed to use great overall art...
    But, as much it's too plain to have a game with only beautiful girls, is really too unfair to have a chubby lady, a old lady and a muscle lady (who's the kinda cute) having way more scenes than the prettiest one
    I don't really know if the game will have more scenes with her in the second chapter, but it was a huge flaw for me...
  4. 4.00 star(s)

gatts69

I have to say at first i wasn't sure about how the characters looked, but I'm glad i stayed.
    Starting to love the models and I like the game and storytelling.
    The music is definetly a plus aswell, all in all I can't wait to see whats next.
    There are a lot of posibilities and I hope the dev/writer will add new content soon!

Ratings :
    story 4,5 / 5
    models 4/5 (don't get met wrong they are great but there is something off aswell cannot really put my finger on it)
    music 4/5
    Gameplay : 5/5 smooth gameplay all the way.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Kamaraj

Been following this game for some time. Just finished Chap 1. A great closing for a great beginning for Chapter 2.

I love this game mostly for the thick models. Very few honey select games get this right, but Joanna and Luana, perfecto.
    I see a story forming, which is good albeit not very engrossing but who cares, as long as we bang amirite. I do have to commend the memes, its well placed and caters to probably the majority of players.

All in all,I'm excited for Chapter 2 especially since pregnancy is planned
    :devilish:. Great Work!
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Boweniscool

4/5 Solid! Kept trying to make sure that's how I felt, and it is lol
    More goofy than what I generally play around with but I still really enjoyed it. At a few points I did feel a bit bogged down by dialog from side characters that really had no lasting effect on anything (school bathroom boys), Though I also never really blindly skipped through, always tried to skim to catch any of the funnies

+Like how it looks
    +Enjoyed how the characters look
    +Enjoyed the personalities
    +Got hooked to the bits of story, but mostly the vibe
    +Animations were smooth

+/-Fitting Music and Sounds, tho Sometimes the background sounds seemed quite loud compared to either the music or other/prior sounds, even when turned down

-I got bogged down by some of the side talk between side characters
    -Ran out of content to play :'( lol

4/5 Solid!
  7. 4.00 star(s)

52s

The story is a good mix of goofy humor, and some lighthearted, wholesome romance. It is definitely a game that doesn't take itself too seriously, but it is upfront about it, and aside from a few too many 4th wall encounters and a joke at the very end (
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    ) that took me out of what seemed to be the first attempt to really make a serious plot point towards something more than their lighthearted attempt at a romance comedy. Some of the plot points also doesn't make the most sense, but I overall enjoyed the game a lot, and will be returning for later updates.

The game utilizes its resources well, and the models are generally quite nice. While not the biggest fan of the model engine, I think it is among the nicest I've seen, and they utilize it quite well, especially the faces! It plays well, and I encountered no bugs or glitches anywhere, and the music was quite well chosen on several occassions.

Definitely recommended for the player who doesn't mind a story which doesn't take itself too seriously, and just want a fun time with some nice sex scenes with varied models.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

chaosbox24

To begin with I want to say right off the bat that this is not a bad game at all, because it's not. The (subjective) problems with the game for me were that there is so. much. dialogue. I mean holy shit it just goes on and on and on and on. I was holding CTRL for sometimes up to almost a minute to get to the next major event. That's how much dialogue there is. Now this can either be a good thing or a bad thing if you like the writing and the dialogue thats presented here, or it can break the game for you completely. For me it was the latter. I get that its a goofy game mixed in with the sex stuff, but there has to be a balance. Here, the balance was not met. I also want to mention that for a honey select game the girls look really fantastic and they are varied enough to be different. I also really appreciate the toggles for the kinks and the descriptions for it. If you want a goofy game to go with your sex stuff, or even only the goofy stuff, then this might be a fantastic game for you if the writing clicks. But for those whom the writing doesn't click for, it will be a frustrating experience.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Story 2/5
    It has some good stuff but alot of shitty stuff as well, like breaking the 4th wall shit, its ok once or twice but this game just have so much of it that it ruins the experince, i think its supposed to be fun but i dident really find any of it funny, theres alot of repeat dialogs due to MC having to tell Linda everything that happens which gets boring.

Then theres the hole "Inn" thing that arent even part of the game in any way?
    So far you just go look at the Inn once just to meet Linda really but you never get to fuck her which makes it a bit more wierd how you have to tell her everything when your not a couple yet, then you have to go back to your familie where you have most of the content currently in game, and thats about it.

Also no virgin or pregnancy tag, they mention pregnancy in game and you got couters for creampies and who knows what else but like so much stuff it just feels pointless.

Choices ?/5
    Not sure yet, even though its a very old game there really isent that much content, i tried to turn down one sister and the mother but the weird relationship system keeps adding love/lust points to people making me think they will be forced on you at some point, but that remains to be seen once and if game ever gets done, but for now you can avoid sex scenes with the two i tested it with.

Girls 2/5
    Needs alot better diversity, only focusing on a single big tit fetish leaves alot to be desired and there arent something for everyones taste, its pretty bad since game is pretty good other wise but when you hate big tits and thats all you see it ruins the game when theres not a single LI that you can like.

Animations 4/5
    They are good for HS with diffrent views and such.

Sandbox 1/5
    When playing the sandbox it feels pointless since you dont really do anything other then clicking the room/place with a star is on it, i mean your given 150k to make the inn but theres no building or picking what to upgrade or any other kind of management, money is just removed from your balance and thats it inn renovated which you also never see.
    So wondering what the hole point of having the sandbox, if its just to click around its absolutly pointless and might as well be played as a normal novel.

Maybe in another 5 years game will be something but at the current rate i would be supprised if it ever got finished, i normaly save games to wait for updates but this one will just be deleted since once it gets enough content to go back to it, i will proberly have forgotten the hole story.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Sherm29

I would have appreciated the game more if it had less 4th wall breaks and more actual focus on what's happening. When they warned in the beginning of the game that there would be lots of humor and 4th wall breaks I didn't know that it would be happening every 5 fucking minutes. The writer just can't stop inserting themselves in the story every single fucking chance they get, also the humor isn't witty or anything it's basic childish humor, the dev thinks randomness = funny, the constant meme references are very outdated, even for 5 years ago when this started development. Very obvious case of the writer thinking of themselves to be more funny than they actually are. In an attempt to be humorous the game just ends up being cringeworthy.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

TrapmanCrothers

Some positives but I really couldn't get into it. The obvious thing is the humour and...actually I kinda liked that. If you don't then it's a non-starter. Constant fourth wall breaks and absurdist humour will ruin things. For me though the real issue I had with the game is how that so many things drag on too long.

The biggest culprit was the spa day you have with another character. It feels like you have the same conversation with the same character five times and each time it lasts too long. Then the next day you tell someone all about it via text message just in case you'd forgotten what had just happened.

You could strip an awful lot of the dialogue out of this game and you wouldn't be missing anything. All it really does is make things longer and more tedious to get through which in turn means you're likely to miss the good parts as you rapidly skip through the nothing.

Worse still, you could strip entire events out of the game and not be missing any content. I assume one day the name of the game and the giant building you acquire early on will have some relevance, but for a game five years in the making it genuinely doesn't. It's one thing to have that opening and the promise of returning to it, but this far along and it's completely inconsequential. I don't think this is intended self-aware humour so much as slow progress and poor writing. It's one thing for passion projects to take time, but when the content that's there isn't relevant or meaningful it stands out a lot.

All that said, the good parts are good. I like the characters, I like the jokes, I like the irony, and a lot of the dialogue is actually well written. It's just that it so often drags out that things get tiring.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

dlex0

The writing killed it for me.

I respect several things the dev did...
    1. Warned up front this game doesn't take itself seriously
    2. Let you choose between speed run VN and more interactive sandbox
    3. Actual animations (albeit honeyselect)
    However... this game is just too cringe for me. I wanted to give it a chance, but didn't have the patience to deal with the writing. The art isn't good enough to make up for it.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Wolle

This is an absolute TOP NOTCH adult game!
    The models are SO hot, and there's even made an effort with actual facial expressions! Maybe a little exaggerated, but this is comedy - so allowed.
    The story is fastpaced, lewdness-filled, funny, smart and well thought out.
    Even the UI (User Interface) is well made, which is a rarety in adult games!

I absolutely recommend this gem of a hilarious rollercoaster ride! I for one am downloading every single update as they pop up, which is not something I normally do for other games.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Giggling Raven

I really liked the game and the girls except for Luana. I usually dislike tsudere and Luana takes it too far most of the time and MC just takes it like a doormat which kinda pisses me off. At least with Val you have the option to be assertive or passive but with Luana you just have to take it all. I think the game would've been a lot better if we had the option to deal with her bitchiness a bit like we do with Val trying to be dominant.

That being sad, the memes are perfect. I kind already broke with Filthy Frank so early on and I loved all the Chaves (El Chavo) references at the school/college and even Gil Brother (Away) references.

The music is great and so are the visuals. This novel has one of the best graphics of all HS AVNs I've played so far.

My 4/5 score is solely because of how much of a pain in the ass Luana is to everyone else in the early game, which would've been a 5/5 otherwise.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

EasyMuthaFuckinE

V0.08.09

This is one of the best game I have played in this site.

My favorite is the 4th wall breaking conversations between Lykanz and the MC using memes. That stuff is rad no matter how many times it's done.

I can't say much about the story because, there isn't much is there :LOL:,
    But it is in the making that's for sure.

The other favorite attribute is the LI's. They all are beautifully characterized each being unique.

Also a great hats off to Lykanz for making this MASTA PIECE and also responding "inn" the comments to the jokes and memes.

One of the top tier games in this site and a must play.
    11/10.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

ixcez

Well if you look at this game as a dating game where the MC meets up with several different women and goes on a one day date with them which can end in some sexy time then this is probably one of the better games on here.

The story is good, the quality of the game, images and animations are excellent some of the best one's one here though there is a bit of extra cartoony/gritty look to the characters that isn't for everyone.

As of v0.08.09 while the game introduces itself as a sandbox and looks like a sandbox it actually works just like a linear VN at the moment in that the MC pretty much at first meets up with one girl for some time and get's to know her then moves back home and goes on a date with his mother + two sisters which can lead to sex, or well landlady and tenants cause of you know patreon and stuff. A long the way you can also interact and sex other characters as well that can lead to their introduction. But thats it for the game at the moment so once you have finished that there is nothing else to do in the game except to start the game over again far as I could tell.

Now this is in my opinion still a very good game with as mentioned high quality though for now the amount of stuff to do here is not that much but even so it's enough to get to know the so far 4 main love interests and another 5-6 other potential love interests. You can also probably get about 1-2 hours of gameplay out of the game depending on your reading speed.

But because of how the game presents itself as a sandbox but isn't at the moment and the fact that it just felt so short I'm giving this a 4/5.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

d_generate

I wouldn't recommend playing the game yet.

PROS: I'm enjoying the game so far. The story is funny and doesn't take itself seriously; except some parts are kind of interesting. It makes you feel for the characters even with the banter. The first girl is attractive. The plot has a good setup.

CONS: The Inn turns into a completely different game part way through. I thought it would be a management/sandbox sim but it's more a VN with some incest dating elements. The characters are hot but after five years of development the models are quite outdated. Slow pace, unnecessary sandbox, decrepate memes, jarring 4th wall breaks, dev rants, and walls of text.

If this game were in it's first year or early second year I'd surely recommend; but it's been five years of development. I'll finish my playthrough, but I'm not returning to this game for at least another year.
  18. 3.00 star(s)

PartyOn111

To begin with the positives, the game good writing, a fair amount of smut but mostly likeable characters. My issue with the game and its low rateing is the bugs and lack of content for the dev time.

The game itself has been though multiple restarts in its development, which, to its credit has improved scenes however has decemated the amount of content in the game. Currently there is one date and sex scene for each of our 4 main cast and a few optional sex scenes on the dates. I'd expect this for a games first release, Not after over a years development.

As a end not and a personal pet peeve, "The Inn" the game is named has not been built, or returned to. The games title and plot device does not currently exist.
  19. 1.00 star(s)

starfarts

Sorry but no. This has been up for five and a half years and it's still in the prologue. Here's some minor spoilers in case that bothers you, but since most people read reviews for confirmation of their own opinion I doubt it will matter.

Game begins -> cliche of suddenly getting rich -> tell new gf "I'll be back in a couple days at most" -> go back home for about a century, fuck a bunch of women -> the main USP (the LITERAL INN) hasn't been touched at all.

There is zero chance this game will ever be finished. I'm not even being pessimistic, it just won't happen. Whether the dev eventually burns out and ghosts everyone or whether this will just be milked infinitely, the result is identical. Do not get attached. Do not waste your time.

Which is a shame because I had so much fun. I don't even enjoy the Honey Select style in terms of arousement and yet the women were still pretty hot. The expressions and poses are exquisite, very much like Once in a Lifetime. It was nice that in the beginning the Asian-looking women had dark nipples and were pubeless, but eventually both of those things change to where everyone has pink nipples and pubes. The humor that most people seem to hate I found extremely amusing and even properly laughed out loud a few times. Sure, a lot of it is also stupid, and I really hate the fourth wall mechanic (in anything, not specifically here), but it's such a nice change from every other AVN turning into a pointless dramafest.

Buuut then the game ends and it's obviously still the prologue despite already sexing mom and one of the sisters. Where to go from here? There's only one sister left, so that means a so-far-unmentioned aunt and cousins, obviously. Will the game ever return to, I don't know.......the inn? No it will not.

Goodbye and thanks for reading my ted talk.
  20. 2.00 star(s)

flarigand

This visual novel is a collection of memes from more than 10 years ago, bad jokes, a lot of cringe and a wall of unbearable dialogues, the age of the developer is noticeable, easily more than 30 years, so many memes that I had not seen for many years, here you don't see one, you see them all, it's like going back to "My space", Vine, etc.

Technically it's ok, above average, but that stupid humor, accompanied by old memes and forced edgy stuff, is definitely not my cup of tea.