Lykanz

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
*bump*

Hey, man, got any plan for this New Year's eve? :LOL:
Got some questions, here :
- I just notice by looking into ur development tracker that u're currently developing a world map. And after use search in thread function, I could seeing ur post a few months ago which stating about sandbox plan.
So, does that means The Inn will going to be a sandbox starting from the next update? (not that i mind tho, if anything, i love sandbox better than linear. lol.)
- By reading ur development update about the sprites, phone UI, and sms system, and how u called it as "rework", does that means it would be better (or maybe a must) for starting over from the very beginning? And all of ur new features will also gonna be implemented starting on the chapter 1?

That's all I guess, I'm just curios actually :LOL:

Anyway, thanks for being awesome this year, man :D
Definitely looking forward for the next one, including ur new developments for The Inn obviously

Wish u a good luck for ur study and the game, and ofc, wish u a happy New Year, man! :LOL:
Hey man, how you doing? Happy new year to you too!

- The Inn will have sandbox elements, that was something I had planned since the start but didn't really knew how to properly do it. It doesn't mean it will be entirely a sandbox experience. The Visual Novel style will stay (if anything it'll be even more present with the new sprite system), the only sandbox things that'll be incorporated are Day/Time cycles, world map and local map navigation and some location/time based events.

- You will have to start from the begining regardless. Old saves won't be compatible and won't load at all with the new version as it'll be a completely new release. Some features will be implemented from the begining, but others like the phone system, the wardrobe and other small stuff will be "introduced" as the story progresses.

On a side note, I'm nearly done with the Phone System, I just need to develop two more functions to it:

1 - The wardrobe system (that will be a phone feature)

2 - And an "online" shopping store so the player can order items that will be needed during some parts of the game or small gifts for the girls.

The wardrobe system will que quite challening as it'll involve a lot of variables and conditionals, but nothing I can't pull off.

The map navigation will be broken down into three parts:

1 - An overworld map, that'll take the entirety of Cudomundópolis and it's vicinities.

2 - Smaller "local" maps for places like the Inn, Linda's house, the small town of Cudomundópolis, etc.

3 - And House navigation maps that'll look like the map navigation on games like Big Brother, Au-Pair Innocence and Max's Life (small bubble icons for each room at the bottom of the screen).

passerbyR34

just wanted to passing by, end up staying anyway
Donor
Oct 29, 2018
Hey man, how you doing? Happy new year to you too!

- The Inn will have sandbox elements, that was something I had planned since the start but didn't really knew how to properly do it. It doesn't mean it will be entirely a sandbox experience. The Visual Novel style will stay (if anything it'll be even more present with the new sprite system), the only sandbox things that'll be incorporated are Day/Time cycles, world map and local map navigation and some location/time based events.

- You will have to start from the begining regardless. Old saves won't be compatible and won't load at all with the new version as it'll be a completely new release. Some features will be implemented from the begining, but others like the phone system, the wardrobe and other small stuff will be "introduced" as the story progresses.

On a side note, I'm nearly done with the Phone System, I just need to develop two more functions to it:

1 - The wardrobe system (that will be a phone feature)

2 - And an "online" shopping store so the player can order items that will be needed during some parts of the game or small gifts for the girls.

The wardrobe system will que quite challening as it'll involve a lot of variables and conditionals, but nothing I can't pull off.

The map navigation will be broken down into three parts:

1 - An overworld map, that'll take the entirety of Cudomundópolis and it's vicinities.

2 - Smaller "local" maps for places like the Inn, Linda's house, the small town of Cudomundópolis, etc.

3 - And House navigation maps that'll look like the map navigation on games like Big Brother, Au-Pair Innocence and Max's Life (small bubble icons for each room at the bottom of the screen).
(⊙.⊙)Well, I'll be damned! That's huge, man :D
I also like the fact that u know about another games, more like, I like the fact that u're really doing ur research :LOL:

Honestly, I already like The Inn as it is, but with the aforementioned features, surely that going to be a really something!

I'll definitely recommending this game as a soon-to-be sandbox type then
Wish everything goes well with the development and ur RL
Keep up ur awesomeness and the great work! :ROFLMAO:

passerbyR34

just wanted to passing by, end up staying anyway
Donor
Oct 29, 2018
There really is no need for one tbh. The experience is pretty linear so far and you won't miss anything no matter what you pick.
Imo the hardest part in this game is the Halloween scenes...which apparently unrelated to the main story :LOL:
Damn Freddy, had to spent quite some time for escaping from him :LOL:

Lykanz

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Another weekend, another pin-up!

This time it features Luana in a comfy, cozy setting!

And, as always, if you don't feel like going to my patreon just to check it out, here's the image:

I hope you guys enjoy it!

There's also a patron exclusive NSFW version of this pin-up, so if you're a patron, be sure to check it up!

Dec 7, 2018
This is a fantastic game, hope to see if get advanced more so. I've played up through Halloween so far, is there any continuation beyond that which I may have missed?

Ilan the second

Sep 30, 2018
Oh please dear god don't let Lykanz get the great idea to make the game completly into a sandbox game. :unsure:

I like The Inn to much to want to see it going down the road of several other games that went down that way after a great non sandbox start.

Lykanz

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Oh please dear god don't let Lykanz get the great idea to make the game completly into a sandbox game. :unsure:

I like The Inn to much to want to see it going down the road of several other games that went down that way after a great non sandbox start.
Nah, don't worry, it'll have some sandbox elements, but The Inn is and will always be a Visual Novel.

PabloLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017
Hey @Lykanz, have you ever heard of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? If you don't, then at least watch the anime, it would give some pretty nice JoJo-related memes/easter eggs inside of the game

PabloLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017
tenor.gif
After seeing this, my admiration for you increased tenfold, a brazilian JoJofag, didn't think that i would see another combination of the two in this site... also, does that Yoshikage Kira symbol in the background mean that all that Luana wants is a quiet life as well?

Lykanz

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
View attachment 220940
After seeing this, my admiration for you increased tenfold, a brazilian JoJofag, didn't think that i would see another combination of the two in this site... also, does that Yoshikage Kira symbol in the background mean that all that Luana wants is a quiet life as well?
I aim to please, good sir.

And Luana IS kind of a shut-in otaku after all...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes